7-11 / Carroo | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

7-11 / Carroo

Dude, Welker was not trash when he was here. He was the only one making plays on the offensive side of the ball while he was here, it was clear to anyone watching he was a special player. I was so bummed when the Patriots signed him, just one more inept front office decision like another brick in the wall of failure. Hopefully Gase and company won't make foolish mistakes like that again...

He wasn't trash, but his 67 receptions (687 yards) and 33 first downs weren't that much different from Chambers 59 receptions (677 yards) and 36 first downs, Bookers 55 receptions (747 yards) and 36 first downs and McMichaels 62 receptions (640 yards) and 35 first downs. Plus Chambers, Booker and McMIchael had more td's than Welker's one. I don't see how you can say he was the only one making plays when the others had very similar numbers. Again I'm not saying Welker was bad, but I don't see how he was great and the others did nothing when the numbers tell a different story. And yes I watched those games. I think Welker less expectations going into the season, based on his production in prior seasons, than the other three. That was the main reason fans overrate his contributions and underrate the others..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a open Belichick admirer who's studied his defenses for years. He's a football genius, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Here's some "short-sighted" background on Belichick's history vs Pittsburgh.

Post #7: http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...-Brady&p=1065479302&viewfull=1-post1065479302
No question Belichick is a football genius. However, your study of a game in 1994 is not relevant. I am not questioning Belichick's defensive brilliance nor your football knowledge. New England has been the preeiminent dynasty of this generation. My point is that they are not unbeatable. I like Pittsburgh this week and I like Miami's chances against anyone going forward. The narrative that New England is unbeatable is not only tired but just not true. Yes they are well coached but I believe their defense is suspect despite their ranking. If you say miami had an easy schedule then you must acknowledge that NE had the easiest schedule in the league. This may be their last shot at a title. They hide Brady's flaws but will not be able to keep that up much longer.

No question Belichick is a football genius. However, your study of a game in 1994 is not relevant. I am not questioning Belichick's defensive brilliance nor your football knowledge. New England has been the preeiminent dynasty of this generation. My point is that they are not unbeatable. I like Pittsburgh this week and I like Miami's chances against anyone going forward. The narrative that New England is unbeatable is not only tired but just not true. Yes they are well coached but I believe their defense is suspect despite their ranking. If you say miami had an easy schedule then you must acknowledge that NE had the easiest schedule in the league. This may be their last shot at a title. They hide Brady's flaws but will not be able to keep that up much longer.

You didn't read it, huh?

raw

Everyone should keep this fact in mind in regard to the Patriots and Belichick.

In the three years following the infamous SpyGate scandal the Patriots went from having an elite perennial top five defense to three years ranked in the mid twenties.(Going by points scored) They were ranked 4th in 2007.

Personnel changes were not significant. The only thing a sane person could assume was that the cheating worked extremely well for them, and when the probation was on they could not afford to risk severe damage to the the organization, and they fell to the bottom of the league in defense for those three years. The offense continued to do well and they were a winning team, but that has always been more about Brady than Belichick.

After seeing the that the scandal was generally bad for the business of the NFL, the NFL began to pour heavy sugar on the situation and it even appeared that the accusers were forced to gloss over the crime. Some members of Congress were extremely critical of the NFL's destruction of the evidence. Really,really corrupt and generally UNCOOL.

The Patriots are notorious cheaters with no ethics,scruples, or morals. That is a fact. If you think they(especially Belichick personally) aren't continuing to cheat,I have some Trump property in downtown Hollywood I'm trying to rid of.

Reminds me of when I attempted to write an essay for a college exam regarding a book I hadn't read. All the professor could do write a note on my paper that read "You know this would be a lot easier if you open the book!"

In the three years following the infamous SpyGate scandal the Patriots went from having an elite perennial top five defense to three years ranked in the mid twenties.(Going by points scored) They were ranked 4th in 2007.

Personnel changes were not significant. The only thing a sane person could assume was that the cheating worked extremely well for them, and when the probation was on they could not afford to risk severe damage to the the organization, and they fell to the bottom of the league in defense for those three years. The offense continued to do well and they were a winning team, but that has always been more about Brady than Belichick.

After seeing the that the scandal was generally bad for the business of the NFL, the NFL began to pour heavy sugar on the situation and it even appeared that the accusers were forced to gloss over the crime. Some members of Congress were extremely critical of the NFL's destruction of the evidence. Really,really corrupt and generally UNCOOL.

The Patriots are notorious cheaters with no ethics,scruples, or morals. That is a fact. If you think they(especially Belichick personally) aren't continuing to cheat,I have some Trump property in downtown Hollywood I'm trying to rid of.

100 percent true, imo.

LD

That information is incorrect. Both offensive and defensive units remained in the top 10 for points scored and points allowed in the 3 straight years following while winning the division twice finishing 2nd to us in '08 despite a 11-5 record w/ Brady injured for the season.

'08:
O - 410 (25.6/g) 8th of 32
D - 309 (19.3/g) 8th of 32

'09
O - 427 (26.7/g) 6th of 32
D - 285 (17.8/g) 5th of 32

'10
O - 518 (32.4/g) 1st of 32
D - 313 (19.6/g) 8th of 32

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2008.htm

Back
Top Bottom