7-11 / Carroo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

7-11 / Carroo

Etuoo33

Seasoned Veteran
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Anybody else watching this guy carve up people ( Us and the Texicans) and thinking about what we paid in draft choices for our 'practice squad-er"?

Carroo has never been a practice squad player and he's ahead of where Hogan was at this stage of his career. Hogan might be a good example of why fans should wait until the cake is finished baking before judging it. In fact some of us start judging the cake as soon as you take the eggs out of the carton and start mixing the ingredients.

Hogan is not good. Brady and NE has a great system that will make most players look decent. Even Welker was pretty much trash when he was in miami. I do think trading a 3 &4 for carroo was a bad idea though.

So, you think letting Hogan walk, a mistake IMHO, was the right thing to do? Perhaps you think the price we paid for Carroo was justified? Maybe just wanted to humble me... Or did I read that wrong?

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Welker was never trash when he was here. Management decided he was too expensive.

This is Chris Hogan's 5th year.

So even if we had kept him for 4 years (2012-2015), he wouldn't have done that much. Then after the 2015 season, we'd have to bid for his services in free agency anyway.

In the end, the Patriots played it right. Let the Bills develop Chris Hogan for 4 years, then pick him up in free agency.

http://www.nfl.com/player/chrishogan/2530515/profile

Carroo has never been a practice squad player and he's ahead of where Hogan was at this stage of his career. Hogan might be a good example of why fans should wait until the cake is finished baking before judging it. In fact some of us start judging the cake as soon as you take the eggs out of the carton and start mixing the ingredients.

What is the package date? Are the eggs grade A or AA? And what's their size?

j/k it's less relevant in baking unless we're making meringues, etc.

Hogan is not good. Brady and NE has a great system that will make most players look decent. Even Welker was pretty much trash when he was in miami. I do think trading a 3 &4 for carroo was a bad idea though.

Hogan is good and an excellent athlete. Welker wasn't trash here. :bobdole:

So, you think letting Hogan walk, a mistake IMHO, was the right thing to do? Perhaps you think the price we paid for Carroo was justified? Maybe just wanted to humble me... Or did I read that wrong?

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Welker was never trash when he was here. Management decided he was too expensive.

First wasn't trying to humble you at all. Most thoughts on the subject are more in line with yours than mine. I saw no problem with releasing Hogan and keeping Rishard Matthews a 7th round pick that edged out Hogan at the back of the roster in 2012. And as for the Carroo deal I don't agree with most that giving up a 2016 6th, 2017 3rd and 2017 4th for a 2016 3rd round pick is a bad deal. Basicly giving up a future 4th and current 6th for the right to swap 3rd round picks and get the pick a year early. You could argue that making the deal and then selecting Carroo was a bad choice based on needs, but I think in time Carroo could be as good or better than most of the other 3rd round picks from the 2016 draft. I see the 3rd round picks as a swap, the 4th round pick as the cost of making the selection a year early and the lost 6th round pick as being no big deal. If you see a player in the 6th or 7th round that you like it's not too hard to make a trade to recoup a pick and get that player, just as Miami did with Jakeem Grant. Time will tell. It will be interesting to see wich players are on the board in the 3rd and 4th round this year when the lost Dolphins picks come to the table. I'm sure there will be plenty of groans.

I happen to like Carroo and believe if it wasn't for his off the field issue he would have been selected in the 2nd round. Playing devils advocate however, I also liked several other receivers that went later (Robbie Anderson who went undrafted and signed with the Jets for one) and could have easily been Miami's 4th receiver at a cheaper price.

And also for the record I didn't think trading Welker for a 2nd round pick was bad at the time. Welker was decent returner and slot receiver in Miami, but nothing special as he became in the Patriots system. You could argue that DavonBess was a more productive slot receiver in Miami than Welker was and I sure as hell would have traded Bess for a 2nd round pick. Looking at how it turned out the trade looks bad now, but I doubt Welker turns into the same player in Miami that he was in New England. The caterpiller likely never becomes a butterfly without Brady and the Patriots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop the exaggeration! Pats have a good system! If you can run routes and catch you're good!

Fans who devalued Shula and Welker wonder why we have been a sub 500 ball clue for years. Yep guess a I can't complain when our owners and GM's have agreed with em

Hogan would not make our team. Welker scored one td here. Let's be real

Fans who devalued Shula and Welker wonder why we have been a sub 500 ball clue for years. Yep guess a I can't complain when our owners and GM's have agreed with em

Who devalued Shula? Welker was Camarillo in miami. Elite qbs make WRs it's not the other way around

I still don't see what Welker did in his time in Miami that Davone Bess didn't do. Bess was a more productive receiver, equally productive punt returner and slightly less oof a kick of returner than Welker was. I don't think Welker ever showed signs of being the player he was in New England during his time in Miami or San Diego. Welker wasn't a bad player, but he had much more value in the Patriots system then he would have had in Miami. Based on the qb changes, poor offenses and coaching staffs I wouldn't have been suprised if Welker would a been a footnote in history if he played most of his career in Miami.

The fact that Chris Hogan has a nickname is the silliest part of the whole thing. He's accomplished nothing in his career to have a moniker.

Uh, the first part of what you said has truth, especially how many offensive interference penalties they get away with. But Welker was far from trash in Miami. Heck, he was pretty much their MVP that last year.

Back
Top Bottom