7 fumbles | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

7 fumbles

Spurs Dominate said:
It should be a good game no doubt.

Miami will shut down the run and force pennington to try n beat us with his arm.
oh no ANOTHER spurs fan on these boards?

man, i root for the dolphins to get the hell away from the damn spurs!

argh!

Even as a Bills fan I'm looking forward to this game (gotta love the nFL ticket :) ). Like a lot of posters said the w-l record with these 2 team are irrelevant, they always play each other tough.

Earlier in the week I was predicting a win by a TD for the Jets......but after watching the Miami game again I think it could go either way. I do think the Jets will start off tight just because of how horrible they played last week. If Miami takes the quick lead it could be all downhill for the Jets from there....

so-long-Ricky said:
Even as a Bills fan I'm looking forward to this game (gotta love the nFL ticket :) ). Like a lot of posters said the w-l record with these 2 team are irrelevant, they always play each other tough.

Earlier in the week I was predicting a win by a TD for the Jets......but after watching the Miami game again I think it could go either way. I do think the Jets will start off tight just because of how horrible they played last week. If Miami takes the quick lead it could be all downhill for the Jets from there....
i agree.... mental toughness will play a large role. whichever team gets down early will need to show its mental toughness and stay mentally in the game. We saw Denver take themselves out of the game last week, and the Jets.... well.... we just saw all the mental errors they made.

The Dolphins and the Jets is as pure as a sports rivalry can get. When the two teams play, you can break down individual matches until you are blue in the face; you can pontificate and name all the keys to the game and develope your surefire arguments about what team is going to win; it means nothing. Gus Ferotte vs the Jets defense means nothing, nor does Chad Penningtons shoulder against Jason Taylor matter. It is all about the strenght of the team and the intensity they play with. The Dolphins and Jets always comes down to who wants it more

:lol: :rofl3: :rofl3:
Nublar7 said:
Somebody picked the Jets as their Super Bowl Pick? :lol: Who? Herm Edwards? :roflmao:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl3: :rofl3:

IceStorm said:
First off, a lot of last Sunday's games were a fluke. Lets look at the surprises

Jets getting blown out - Pennington choking
Dolphins win big - Gus NOT choking
49ers win - big surprise
Dallas wins over the Chargers
Vikings lose to bucs
Saints win over Panthers - Carolina picked to win it all preseason
etc. etc. etc.

Now, who here feels that flukes like this will happen every week.

Also, lets look at the facts that are most likely. The Dolphins are NOT at home. The Jets are. The Dolphins had many false starts last week. The Jets had many QB fumbles. The Jets are more likely to blitz more then they did last week. Ronnie Brown was able to pick up the blitzer on his side of the field on almost every play. Ronnie Brown can catch. The Jets AND the Dolphins now have game film to see how each others game plans are working. The Jets won't be pushed around in their own house.

Those are just some basic thoughts. And most of them will come into play eventually. And guys, last week was ONE GAME. If the Jets may win, then each team is still 1-1. Which is nothing in a marathon of a season.

Game on!

I don't want them at 1-1 and you shouldn't either! :yell: :shakeno: They will be 0-2 after Sundays game!! We need to demolish the AFC EAST to strike fear in them and the AFC!! This team is not at all the same!! Dan Marino said on Inside the NFL on HBO this team has a killer look to them WATCH OUT AFC. Believe him he is right and he knows more about our team than any fan out there!! :evil: RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE EVERY TEAM WE PLAY WILL HATE PLAYING US AND WE WILL PROOF THAT TOMMOROW!! DESTROY THE YETS!! 27 - 9.

IT WAS ONE WEEK AND I DON'T EXPECT the jets to repeat the poor performance.Then again, i expect the fins to gain confidence......tough game.

Smizzy said:
I guess we know who the homer is?

Did you see him throw any balls on sunday? His arm is fine....it's his butter fingers that were the problem.

Defense laughable? You really have no clue.

I expect a close game, whoever wins. I do give the Dolphins an edge since it must be harder for Herm and the gang to know for sure what the Dolphin gameplan will be.

Wanny was so predictable, it must have been a real comfort to every coach and team to know Wanny would run it up the gut on first and second... :shakeno:

Saban might want the team to come out with Booker, Chambers, Boston and Welker and have Gus throw 40 passes. While I doubt that will happen, Saban won't be afraid to take shots if he sees a good match-up, while Wanny would just stick to his usual gameplan. :rolleyes:

Point is, the Dolphins are a bit of an unknown to teams this year, even the division rivals. That's a good thing. :D

Back
Top Bottom