7th rounder? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

7th rounder?

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
At this point I'd say we're going to go for large run-stuffing tackle as there are a couple still left on the board. We seem to have gotten that tweener CB/S that I was hoping for(I wanted Webster in the 3/4th but the Giants took him quite a bit higher). The Alabi picked surprised me over Ben Wilkerson, but it's not a reach and it's Houck's personal pick.

The 7th rounder my guess is a DT. We should probably sign Derek Anderson and Gino Guidugli if they don't get picked later on. They're physical impressive QBs to compete with Rosenfels. I definitely want that DT though.

Maybe Hawthorne will be there in the 6th and Nick will trade up.

Trade Zgonina for a pick Nick- please.

Yeah I also think that Saban will have somewhat of an advantage in recruiting these undrafted SEC players.

One guy that I really like that has not been drafted yet is Cedric Houston at RB. Saban keeps talking like he wants to team Ronnie Brown with another option, and I think Cedric Houston would be pretty good at that. He has a really good reputation among the players that played against him, and he showed up to the Senior Bowl and did well.

If it's RB I hope it's Kay-Jay Harris. That guy is talented... Would be a great guy to Ronnie Brown a rest.

It truly depends who is there. BPA; best value, because you cant go by need in the 7th round.

ckparrothead said:
Yeah I also think that Saban will have somewhat of an advantage in recruiting these undrafted SEC players.

One guy that I really like that has not been drafted yet is Cedric Houston at RB. Saban keeps talking like he wants to team Ronnie Brown with another option, and I think Cedric Houston would be pretty good at that. He has a really good reputation among the players that played against him, and he showed up to the Senior Bowl and did well.

If he is going to pair Ronnie Brown with someone he is going to pair him with Gordon, Smith, or one of the other 6 backs we have on the roster.

Jaj said:
If it's RB I hope it's Kay-Jay Harris. That guy is talented... Would be a great guy to Ronnie Brown a rest.

that would be an awesome scenario! :yes:

mixmaster_matt said:
If he is going to pair Ronnie Brown with someone he is going to pair him with Gordon, Smith, or one of the other 6 backs we have on the roster.

We have more depth and talented depth at that, at CB but Saban still took one in rnd 4. Your arguement has no basis then.

how about we trade up...a 7th rounder and Jeff Zgonina for a earlier 6th rounder. I DONT understand why Saban hasnt chosen Hawthorne. He is a 2nd round talent, a need, and he is one of Saban's kinda guys. He is an absolute steal...i can imagine him starting this year, if Carter/Holliday dont play DT. Please Nick, trade up and take Hawthorne!!

BrownJersey.jpg
ok

ih8brady said:
We have more depth and talented depth at that, at CB but Saban still took one in rnd 4. Your arguement has no basis then.

My argument has plenty of basis b/c Saban isn't impressed with any of our CB's with the exception of Madison obviously. He doesn't know if Howard, Poole, or Edwards will be a quality starter. So it was important that he got a CB, and a good one at that.

No I think he likes Poole. He can play both zone and man and can rush the passer. He can also stop the run. Daniels can do the same. I'm just interested to see who he takes in the 7th round.

Assuming Lamar Gordon and Travis Minor can stay healthy long enough to get carries? I would give Cedric Houston the ball before I'd give it to Vick King, Brock Forsey, or Avon Cobourne.

ItalianDolFan said:
how about we trade up...a 7th rounder and Jeff Zgonina for a earlier 6th rounder. I DONT understand why Saban hasnt chosen Hawthorne. He is a 2nd round talent, a need, and he is one of Saban's kinda guys. He is an absolute steal...i can imagine him starting this year, if Carter/Holliday dont play DT. Please Nick, trade up and take Hawthorne!!

Maybe Zgonina can warrant a 6th all on his own? Time is running out!

well we can forget about Hawthorne. Stupid Raiders! But if Wilkerson and Shazor are still there in the 7th....im all for them. Who cares if Wilkerson is hurt, so is Channing Crowder (knee). Who cares if Shazor was a little slower...he can work on that! IF we dont take either of them, i sense a QB.

Back
Top Bottom