8/19 Panthers/Dolphins joint practice | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8/19 Panthers/Dolphins joint practice

Omar says Fox will start first two weeks of reg season... No way Albert starts so soon like anticipated. He says Tannehill is practicing like Pennington.. He says he is VERY consistent this offseason and is looking really sharp! :thumbup:

Omar says Fox will start first two weeks of reg season... No way Albert starts so soon like anticipated. He says Tannehill is practicing like Pennington.. He says he is VERY consistent this offseason and is looking really sharp! :thumbup:
This is a classic Omar, touting his guessing and opinion about Albert as fact. He has no idea.

This is a classic Omar, touting his guessing and opinion about Albert as fact. He has no idea.

Oh it's obvious the guy is arrogant BUT I believe there's a good chance he will be right on this one.

Here you go hoops :brewskis:

Bud-Light-Miami-Dolphins-Can.png

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenh...launches-new-nfl-team-specific-cans-campaign/

budlight.jpeg
Word is the Patriots can, although a 12 ounce can, will only contain 10 ounces...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't mind the idea of having cooperative practice sessions with other teams, what i do mind is having a preseason game with them right after. The point of cooperative practices is to simulate a virtual game atmosphere and allow players to go harder than they normally would as opposed to practicing with their teammates. But if you are practicing game concepts and installing plays and running those plays all week, what are you going to do in the preseason game? They will know what you have been practicing all week so it defeats the purpose, essentially all your doing is having a 3rd enhanced practice. The preseason game should be with someone else

You made an idiotic statement saying that it is impossible to sprain an ACL. Several of us pointed out that said statement is indeed idiotic, not referencing the degree of injury to Benjamin's knee but your false statement. Benjamin having a full tear does not change the fact that you said you cannot sprain an ACL, which continues to be untrue. You just keep digging your hole deeper and deeper. Admit you were wrong and be done with it.

What is idiotic is you and others claiming that a professional football player...a receiver nonetheless...could have sprained his ACL, but somehow the injury might not be significant enough to miss the season.

I will keep waiting for you to find a pro football player that "sprained" or "tweaked" his ACL, but continued on playing.

http://www.nflevolution.com/article...nces-among-knee-injuries?ref=0ap3000000393135

Last edited by a moderator:
What is idiotic is you and others claiming that a professional football player...a receiver nonetheless...could have sprained his ACL, but somehow the injury might not be significant enough to miss the season.

I will keep waiting for you to find a pro football player that "sprained" or "tweaked" his ACL, but continued on playing.

http://ten.247sports.com/Bolt/Titans-DT-Sammie-Hill-out-until-training-camp-with-ACL-sprain-37697323

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ckle-sammie-hill-sign-cb-will-brown/31415631/

Good find, first I ever heard of a football player with such a sprain and someone attempting come back from it.

Now, would you agree with me from what I linked above that when a football player injures his ACL it almost always ends in surgery? Athletes that injure an ACL almost always end in surgery. Watching Benjamin's injury and stating that it could have been a sprain...which many did here today...was completely laughable.

Tip of my cap to you though for the Sammie Hill example. Did not know that.

I've been following football for a long time and it always seemed there's a difference between a knee (ligament) "sprain" and an outright tear.

Sprain = stretched/slight tear
Torn = rupture/ripped

I know those ain't precise medical definitions but dudes can come back without surgery from "sprains." Torn means you gotta have that rascal replaced.

Big difference.

My opinion. Of course.

Tho I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

At the end of this day, brutal for both Benjamin and Delmas. Hate seeing the trainers busy.

[video=youtube;AR4ee84jPWk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=AR4ee84jPWk[/video]

Good find, first I ever heard of a football player with such a sprain and someone attempting come back from it.

Now, would you agree with me from what I linked above that when a football player injures his ACL it almost always ends in surgery? Athletes that injure an ACL almost always end in surgery. Watching Benjamin's injury and stating that it could have been a sprain...which many did here today...was completely laughable.

Tip of my cap to you though for the Sammie Hill example. Did not know that.

Drew Stanton had an ACL sprain and a grade 2 MCL sprain. He likely would have returned if he hadn't developed an infection in the knee that required surgery, and even then he would have returned if it happened at the beginning of the season instead of the third-to-last game. While a grade 3 tear is the most common ACL injury, by far, grade 1 sprains do account for about 10-25% of ACL injuries. Probably just reported as generic "knee sprain" most often. Using absolutes should be avoided, just ask Omar.

Back
Top Bottom