8/7 Scrimmage Updates | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8/7 Scrimmage Updates

I can't tell you for how long I loathed South Florida Ford. Now anyone I see munching on a Johnsonville brat gets punched in the throat.

"That hat's going on eBay, Brah"
Do you have a link where I can purchase it? Pleaaaase.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 1m1 minute ago
Joe Philbin tells the crowd he hopes to see them at stadium for 9 games and more into January..

Wow this is some of the best news all night. Coming from Philbin this really surprised me, he really does believe this year!

* Dallas Thomas has shown that he cannot stop pressures against NFL competition at guard. While Turner was behind Thomas last year, I think it's time to give the learning opportunities to Turner and see if he can become a contributor. Because we have given many of them to Thomas, and we know he is not the answer.

Thanks for the informative overall post. Did D. Thomas even play tonight? Thought he was banged up. After reading about Turner, I was starting to wonder if Douglas and Thomas could occupy both guard spots if needed - not sure how difficult it is to switch sides at guard. So far (still early) sounds like they both have played better than Turner. That said, i'm not gonna count out turner with a bad showing vs. Suh, early in camp. Nice to hear Douglas seemingly did well per tweets.

Unrelated - at the gig tonight, a guy in the audience saw my dolphins logo on my amp, and shows me a picture of his cousin at his funeral. Dude had a big dolphins logo (current logo) on the underside of the casket lid in an open casket ceremony, and had his dolphins gear on on his death bed. I asked him to text me the photo, but he declined (which I obviously understood). That's a die hard fins fan, no pun intended. Respect, RIP to a fellow dolphins fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
[video=youtube;OY08GjsVO8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=OY08GjsVO8Y[/video]

Tanny could have had another td on one of those tight red zone plays facing the camera but one of those wrs blew what looked like a site adjustment not getting his head around immediately....good play by the qb though...

Really? Where did you read that at? I read all the things every other fin fan does and i havnt seen one thing on Turner being abused by second teamers.

Link?

It was here on the camp report tweets, think it was practice #5 or #6. The tweet said "so-so" as did my post, which is different than being abused.

:jawdrop:

Holy ****ing ****....

30lgec6.jpg

To be tier 1 his pocket presence has to be a strength...i dont i know if we will be quite there yet but its on schedule development wise to get there eventually

If we can protect him though tier 1 this year might be realistic...if hes gonna work a lot of muddy pockets i think we are looking at more of a learning curve situation

Thanks for the informative overall post. Did D. Thomas even play tonight? Thought he was banged up. After reading about Turner, I was starting to wonder if Douglas and Thomas could occupy both guard spots if needed - not sure how difficult it is to switch sides at guard. So far (still early) sounds like they both have played better than Turner. That said, i'm not gonna count out turner with a bad showing vs. Suh, early in camp. Nice to hear Douglas seemingly did well per tweets.

Unrelated - at the gig tonight, a guy in the audience saw my dolphins logo on my amp, and shows me a picture of his cousin at his funeral. Dude had a big dolphins logo (current logo) on the underside of the casket lid in an open casket ceremony, and had his dolphins gear on on his death bed. I asked him to text me the photo, but he declined (which I obviously understood). That's a die hard fins fan, no pun intended. Respect, RIP to a fellow dolphins fan.

No, to my knowledge Dallas Thomas didn't play because he was hurt. I threw that bit in simply because there has been so much emphasis on Turner's struggles against Suh that I felt it merited explaining that maybe it's time to give more teaching point reps to Turner. Some people suggested maybe switching Dallas Thomas there and giving him yet another chance. Personally, I think it is the correct decision to give those reps to Turner and let him learn.

It has been absolutely shocking how quickly Omar changed his tune about Tannehill since FinHeaven.com pushed the Boycott Omar movement.

No, that has nothing to do with it. If anything Omar probably get applauded for those that wrote in complaints, drawing more people to the website that normally wouldn't have. He has gradually changed his tune on Tannehill since OTA's.

No, that has nothing to do with it. If anything Omar probably get applauded for those that wrote in complaints, drawing more people to the website that normally wouldn't have. He has gradually changed his tune on Tannehill since OTA's.

Honestly outside of how inconsistent he was in his critique of Tannehill I don't mind Omar as much as Armando... at least during the draft as Omar at least tries to do research on prospects and know something about the players. My issue with Omar/Tanny has always been that in the past (especially in camp) if Tanny did something good Omar would be dismissive (completes deep pass, saying it doesn't count because of a blown coverage or a would be sack, ect). You can be critical of the QB, but be reasonable.

As for the scrimmage sounds like Douglas was really good at LG. Sounds like outside of against Suh, Turner seemed to do well, hopefully that is a good sign.

The young DBs all seem to have noses for the ball or maybe I'm too used to seeing DBs be in good position but not get their heads around to make a play that I forget what it looks like.

INTs will happen, first one seemed weird, can't tell if it was tipped or not. 2nd was a miscommunication that was also a great play by McCain. But even the best QBs have dumb INTs. McCain's one break up was also a great play as that would have been TD number 3 for Tannehill if he didn't dive for the ball.

I'll always be a Charles Clay fan and I'll miss him, but I think the Cameron TDs show where he may make up for losing Clay. I think where we'll miss Clay in matchups and YAC on short passes, Cameron gives us in deep balls and the redzone.

Back
Top Bottom