8 Top 10, 11 Top 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8 Top 10, 11 Top 15

Scrap

Go Fins
Reaction score
I just wanted wanted to point out that 8 out of 12 of the Dolphins games have been against what is currently ranked as top 10 defenses in the league. 11 games have been against top 15 defenses.

I don’t have anywhere I am going or anything with that. I just find it interesting, and a way to put things into perspective. I’m not implying anything, but imagine any teams offense enduring that type of schedule. On the flip side, you’d have to factor in the idea that the Dolphins are part of why those teams are ranked that high.

Just something I noticed, and thought I’d share.

Putting another set of stats up
their losses have been to teams all up - 63/46 or 58%. That % over a 16 game season would equal 9-7 record. Even the first 2 games abet ugly losses were to 2 - 10/2 teams. Only the Skins 3/9 and Chargers 4/8 are all but out of the playoff race.
Their wins have been to teams - 15/21 or 41.6%. That over a 16 game season would equal 6.5/9.5 record. If the Eagles [equal top of their div] and Colts [would be equal with other wildcard teams] had they won their games.
Looking to the future they play 3 teams with losing records and the Pats with 10/2, so perhaps 3 more wins are possible.
Not a bad turn around in the resilience by the coaches and players after many were thinking we have the worst roster in the league and talks of 0-16 were discussed.

I just wanted wanted to point out that 8 out of 12 of the Dolphins games have been against what is currently ranked as top 10 defenses in the league. 11 games have been against top 15 defenses.

I don’t have anywhere I am going or anything with that. I just find it interesting, and a way to put things into perspective. I’m not implying anything, but imagine any teams offense enduring that type of schedule. On the flip side, you’d have to factor in the idea that the Dolphins are part of why those teams are ranked that high.

Just something I noticed, and thought I’d share.

If I get that right, excluding 1st 4 games, Miami has played 8 games. 5 have been against top 10 D. A rolling avg shows the O consistently producing more points. Impressive.

Back
Top Bottom