80+ SPARQ for each position (3 Sigma Athlete) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

80+ SPARQ for each position (3 Sigma Athlete)

I thought Ogbah would be higher tbh.

I'm not a big fan of lee, just isn't physical enough IMO, it seemed like he was constantly purposely away from the action either in coverage or in the flats. But I get why People want him, we def need to upgrade the athletism at linebacker.

I thought Ogbah would be higher tbh.

I'm not a big fan of lee, just isn't physical enough IMO, it seemed like he was constantly purposely away from the action either in coverage or in the flats. But I get why People want him, we def need to upgrade the athletism at linebacker.

The percentile rating is relative to the rest of the NFL at the given position, and it illustrates just how athletic you have to be to make it as an Edge in the NFL.

You could be right about Lee. Time will tell.

The percentile rating is relative to the rest of the NFL at the given position, and it illustrates just how athletic you have to be to make it as an Edge in the NFL.

You could be right about Lee. Time will tell.

Yeah he's just hard for me project at the next level.

I just watched his game vs ND. Its almost all coverage all the time. And that probably fits his skill set pretty well, but I don't know what to do with him in the NFL. At Ohio State he could do that in the NFL, He's going to have to get dirty.

He's kind of a tweener safety/linebacker or something, I dunno. Hopfully draft breakdown will upload some more games of his from 2015.

I'm a Northwestern grad and this is admittedly a homer opinion, but I love Dan Vitale as a football player and not just an athlete. That kid is H-Back gold. He's going to make a team and I won't be shocked when he cracks somebody's lineup.

Nearly every team showed up for Dan Vitale's Pro Day at Northwestern:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...n-vitale-thrived-as--superback-153606589.html
Thirty-one of the 32 NFL teams showed up (only the New Orleans Saints skipped) for Vitale’s pro day, despite only a handful of other draftable prospects working out at Northwestern’s facility. Perhaps the best-known evaluator in the house was New England Patriots director of personnel Nick Caserio, the team’s de facto general manager, who met with Vitale privately after the workout. If there ever was a team that would value Vitale’s versatility, it would be the Patriots.

I personally hope we can use a 6th or 7th on Vitale. Dude sounds like a perfect fit for an h-back type role. I'd definitely try to snake him away from the patriots.

J-off did you do one of these lists for last years draft?

I did not, but this weekend, I plan on doing one. If my GF leaves me alone for long enough, I may do it tonight. I can tell you that last year had much better athletes pretty much across the board.

2015 Offense

Should note, that we're still waiting on a bunch of Pro Days in 2016, but you can see the difference right off the bat. I'll do Defense later, but the results are similar (outside of Safety).

QB

Marcus Mariota Oregon – 96.0
Brett Hundley UCLA – 94.6
Tyler Murphy Boston College – 93.8
Taylor Heinicke Old Dominion – 90.3
Garrett Safron Sacramento St. – 89.3
Terrance Broadway Louisiana-Lafayette – 88.0
Cody Fajardo Nevada – 86.8
Bryce Petty Baylor – 84.9
Taylor Kelly Arizona St. – 84.5

RB

Ameer Abdullah Nebraska – 97.4
David Johnson Northern Iowa – 93.1
Raheem Mostert Purdue – 88.8
Malcolm Agnew Southern Illinois – 86.4
Corey Grant Auburn – 85.9
LaVance Taylor Central Missouri – 85.2
Zach Zenner South Dakota St. – 81.1

WR

Chris Conley Georgia – 98.8
Sammie Coates Auburn – 97.3
Damarr Aultman Maine – 96.6
DeAndre Carter Sacramento St. – 95.2
Breshad Perriman Central Florida – 94.6
Arthur Williams Maine – 94.4
Damiere Byrd South Carolina – 93.9
Kenny Bell Nebraska – 92.5
Phillip Dorsett Miami – 91.6
Kevin White West Virginia – 90.1
Cameron Meredith Illinois St. – 89.5
Tyrell Williams Western Oregon – 89.3
Rannell Hall Central Florida – 86.0
Tre McBride William & Mary – 85.3
Ty Montgomery Stanford – 84.4
Chandler Worthy Troy – 84.2
Shakim Phillips Boston College – 83.7
Geremy Davis Connecticut – 83.3
Jordan Leslie BYU – 82.5

TE

Brian Parker Albany – 89.5
John Peters Mount St. Joseph – 86.0

OL

Kristjan Sokoli Buffalo – 100.0
Nick Easton Harvard – 97.3
Ali Marpet Hobart – 96.5
Jake Fisher Oregon – 95.8
Mark Glowinksi West Virginia – 95.7
AJ Cann South Carolina – 95.6
Michael Liedtke Illinois St. – 94.7
Austin Reiter South Florida – 94.2
Brandon Scherff Iowa – 90.5
Laurence Gibson Virginia Tech – 90.2
Tyreek Burwell Cincinnati – 89.6
Andre Davis Buffalo – 88.9
Jesse Davis Idaho – 85.6
Donovan Smith Penn St. 85.4
Mitch Morse Missouri – 84.7
Laken Tomlinson Duke – 81.6

I forgot about a lot of those names. That was a fun draft to watch tape on especially with our needs.

Now were back to the boring positions, for me at least.

But yeah, much more athletic class.

Getting ready to post the 2015 Defensive SPARQ's (sorry, will have to be this afternoon), but I wanted to preface it with a little bit of info. 2015 was an AMAZING Edge class, and I'd be wiling to bet we'll see more then one perennial All Pro emerge from that group. But, you (general) say, no one was particularly productive as a rookie. For every Von Miller, Aldon Smith, or Julius Peppers (guys who enjoyed immediate success), there a host of players that "suffered" through ho-hum production. Here are rookie sack totals for some of the NFL's best pass rushers (present and past) or guys who were productive in 2015:

M. Strahan - 1
J. Taylor - 5
J. Watt - 5.5
K. Mack - 4
C. Jones - 6
W. Mercilus - 6
M. Wilkerson - 3
G. Atkins - 3
K. Short - 1
E. Griffin - 0
M. Ingram - 1
M. Bennett - 1
C. Jordan - 1
J. Houston - 5.5

I also included some DT's who excel at getting after the QB.

Looking at the offensive list I could almost say with 100% certainty that this new Sparq's is not GOOD.

QB-no Winston

RB-no Gurley

WR-no Amari Cooper.

These guys were the class of the field in there position IMO(and a lot of others)I have a serious problem with any metrics that don't have the top players at there position not rated.

Looking at the offensive list I could almost say with 100% certainty that this new Sparq's is not GOOD.

QB-no Winston

RB-no Gurley

WR-no Amari Cooper.

These guys were the class of the field in there position IMO(and a lot of others)I have a serious problem with any metrics that don't have the top players at there position not rated.

Gurley was injured, so he has no numbers; Winston is not a good athlete; Cooper's explosive testing dinged his score, but he had great agility numbers, and still tested somewhere in the top 30%.

This is a general guide to athleticism. Please reread the OP, but if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help where I can.

Gurley was injured, so he has no numbers; Winston is not a good athlete; Cooper's explosive testing dinged his score, but he had great agility numbers, and still tested somewhere in the top 30%.

This is a general guide to athleticism. Please reread the OP, but if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help where I can.

Thanks,I do know it's a Metric score on Athleticism..I just dislike test like these for a game like Football...It gives the advantage to athletic gifted person that don't have a lick of Football skill in elevating there draft status.

its a good read and I appreciate the time you put in on this post.

Back
Top Bottom