80+ SPARQ for each position (3 Sigma Athlete) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

80+ SPARQ for each position (3 Sigma Athlete)

j-off-her-doll

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I went through each position at 3sigmaathlete and made a list of every player with a SPARQ score of 80+ (with one exception at TE - see below). I use the SPARQ as a general guide to a player's athleticism. I don't view it as definitive, and it doesn't account for specific athletic requirements of a given position. Later, I plan on posting a compare/contrast list from 2015 (just off the top, 2016 looks less athletic than 2015), and as Pro Days continue, I'll look for updates. Hope this helps as a GENERAL guide.

QB

Jeff Driskel Louisiana Tech – 87.7
Paxton Lynch Memphis – 81.7
Carson Wentz North Dakota St. – 81.4

RB

Daniel Lasco Cal – 94.1
Dan Vitale Northwestern – 96.6
Derrick Henry Alabama – 82.0
Tyler Ervin San Jose St. – 81.0

WR

Josh Doctson TCU – 94.4
Ricardo Louis Auburn – 93.1
Trevor Davis Cal – 85.1
Devon Cajuste Stanford – 84.3
Mike Thomas Ohio St. – 82.8
Chris Moore Cincinnati – 82.1

TE

N/A (Ben Braunecker Harvard – 78.2)

OL

Connor McGovern Missouri – 89.6
Jake Brendel UCLA – 86.1
Joe Thuney North Carolina St. – 84.1
Jason Spriggs Indiana – 80.1

DL

Connor Wujciak Boston College – 93.1
Robert Nkemdiche Mississippi – 91.7
Dean Lowry Northwestern – 90.9
Jonathan Bullard Florida – 87.0
Sheldon Rankins Louisville – 83.3
Bronson Kaufusi BYU – 82.8

Edge

Emmanuel Ogbah Oklahoma St. – 82.0

Off LB

Darron Lee Ohio St. – 92.3
Travis Feeney Washington – 88.0

CB

Jalen Ramsey Florida St. – 99.3
Vernon Hargreaves Florida – 97.3
Eric Murray Minnesota – 87.1
James Bradberry Samford – 82.0
DeAndre Elliot Colorado St. – 80.3

S

Justin Simmons Boston College – 96.2
Sean Davis Maryland – 93.3

http://3sigmaathlete.com/

Jalen Ramsey....holy hell

Hargreaves not far behind...

Yeah, of note to me, these are the only guys with 90+ ratings and consensus 1st RD grades:

Josh Doctson
Robert Nkemdiche (character pending)
Darron Lee
Jalen Ramsey
Vernon Hargreaves

If apple is gone at 13, I'm down with Lee being the pick...

If jack and Lee are here you take Lee all day

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If apple is gone at 13, I'm down with Lee being the pick...

Me too. I know a lot of people hate the idea of bringing in another WLB, but Miami doesn't have anything like him on the roster, and versatile/athletic LB's are making a rise similar to the rise that FS's made six years ago. Modern offenses dictate that you NEED high-level athletes on the second level. Lee is also the best blitzing LB in the draft (imo).

I'll be interested to see if Hargreaves falls to 8. If he does not (assuming Jack won't), and Miami lands Lee at 13, the Philly trade will look great.

If jack and Lee are here you take Lee all day

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think it's closer than most think, but I would give Jack the edge. I'm guessing some people will call you crazy for this, but I don't think it's warranted. Lee definitely does some things better.

I'm a Northwestern grad and this is admittedly a homer opinion, but I love Dan Vitale as a football player and not just an athlete. That kid is H-Back gold. He's going to make a team and I won't be shocked when he cracks somebody's lineup.

Me too. I know a lot of people hate the idea of bringing in another WLB, but Miami doesn't have anything like him on the roster, and versatile/athletic LB's are making a rise similar to the rise that FS's made six years ago. Modern offenses dictate that you NEED high-level athletes on the second level. Lee is also the best blitzing LB in the draft (imo).

I'll be interested to see if Hargreaves falls to 8. If he does not (assuming Jack won't), and Miami lands Lee at 13, the Philly trade will look great.

I think Lee can offer alot and the team has already said they would like to upgrade the will...the move may be even better if Kiko works out at mike.

I'm a Northwestern grad and this is admittedly a homer opinion, but I love Dan Vitale as a football player and not just an athlete. That kid is H-Back gold. He's going to make a team and I won't be shocked when he cracks somebody's lineup.

Most definitely he is. I think if he ends up on the right team he will be a solid get.

I think these kinds of raw athletic assessments will become a bigger factor in our draft decisions than they were when Hickey was here. Tannenbaum and Greer are both Parcellsian "planet theory" guys.

But it's not just athleticism, you also have to meet height and weight and arm length requirements, which is why I doubt Hargreaves will be the guy.

I think these kinds of raw athletic assessments will become a bigger factor in our draft decisions than they were when Hickey was here. Tannenbaum and Greer are both Parcellsian "planet theory" guys.

But it's not just athleticism, you also have to meet height and weight and arm length requirements, which is why I doubt Hargreaves will be the guy.

Good points! Sean Davis and Justin Simmons would definitely fit the bill. I'd look for each in the 3rd-4th range, but I wouldn't be surprised if either/both go in the 2nd. High-end tools in a class that is short on high-end tools. If we were picking toward the end of the 2nd, I'd be more inclined to roll the dice on one of them, but each has enough holes to scare me off at the top of the 2nd.

Great work. Some players I would expect to see and some real surprises.

The argument of Lee versus Jack is interesting. I think Jack has an edge in that he has more scheme diversity being able to play MLB and running back in a pinch, but I would be very happy with Lee. I think he has the ability to be elite. I could actually see Lee, with his speed and athletic ability, being a good pass rusher as well.

Henry really helped himself too, showing off some real explosive numbers and then catching the ball well at his pro day. He is a very interesting prospect.

Eric Murray needs coaching, but that kid will be in the leagues top nickel corners in a few years, I'm willing to bet.

jack or lee would make me happy at 13....VHIII would too...eli apple as well...

i like the idea of a real athlete in the 2nd level, especially one who can blitz when called and cover as well....

Back
Top Bottom