#9 Draft Choice comparisons... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#9 Draft Choice comparisons...

Who would you rather have at #9?

• Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame

Votes: 47 85.5%
  • Ted Ginn, Jr. WR Ohio State

Votes: 8 14.5%

• Total voters
Have you watched any Notre Dame games this year?
their Oline was awful. Probably in the botton half of the country. The whole team was pretty bad except Quinn and the receivers, Darius walker is a barely above average back who will fight to be a 3rd down back in the pros, their line was horrible this year, and their defense was even worse but yet he led them to a BSC game. Not To mention he spent the last two years running a Pro offense while all the other QB's were running watered down college offenses. if he struggled in big games its cause their team was so bad in so many areas, Quinn and the Receiving corp are what kept them in games

I agree with the above post. When they actually played a good ranked team such as Michigan or USC, the weaknesses of the o-line and the defense were shown. But from that 5 minutes of footage, most of the time they played a horrible team such as army, navy, northwestern, air force, the list goes on. A couple of the throws as well, you'd really have to credit his receivers for making those great catches because he doesn't seem to be the most accurate. However if we are cutting Joey and Quinn is there at #9, you can't not pick him.

OMG that Ginn hi light was awesome, thanks a lot. I knew he was fast, but that was just sick how fast he accelerates and how much faster he was than anybody.... Great gooogly moogly

Ginn might be a risk but if he is half as good as he was at ohio state were talking superstar. He will be one of the fastest players in the nfl , good hands, and moves like no one else. Brady will be ok but not real impressed with him. I pick Ginn!! We need someone like him.

Have you watched any Notre Dame games this year?
their Oline was awful. Probably in the botton half of the country. The whole team was pretty bad except Quinn and the receivers, Darius walker is a barely above average back who will fight to be a 3rd down back in the pros, their line was horrible this year, and their defense was even worse but yet he led them to a BSC game. Not To mention he spent the last two years running a Pro offense while all the other QB's were running watered down college offenses. if he struggled in big games its cause their team was so bad in so many areas, Quinn and the Receiving corp are what kept them in games

Darius Walker is a very good running back and will make a fine pro.

A DE? For a top 5 defense? With a pro bowl DE? And continue to ignore the O? DomiNOzzo.

I think Ted Ginn Jr is has the biggest upside potential in the draft. If the guy pays out, and it's as big of "if" as any other player in the draft, but if Ginn does pay out, two words: CHA CHING.

On the other hand, it doesn't get more important at QB where we've been bleeding the last eight years. The mighty Quinn has gauzes.
Ginn reminds me of Daunte Stallworth. He has speed and he is quite elusive but, can he stay healthy? Futhermore, is he polished enough to be a #1 WR. So far he has been a great PR/KR and a good WR at OSU.

Ginn reminds me of Daunte Stallworth. He has speed and he is quite elusive but, can he stay healthy? Futhermore, is he polished enough to be a #1 WR. So far he has been a great PR/KR and a good WR at OSU.

waaaay ot... but madvilliany is one of the best all time.
"america's most blunted... blunted... blunted..."

Well, I dont claim to see the future...BUT...I've been around football enough to get a gut feeling about certain players.

This draft, its Brady Quinn.

If my gut is right....again...this kid is going to be VERY GOOD for someone.

I hope its us....problem is...whenever I have a gut feeling some guy is going to be good...he's always gone before we pick...or worse...we go in another direction :boohoo:

Then all I can do is sigh and wonder what if.....

yea thats how i am. thats how i actually felt when 9ers were on teh board and i wnated smith but i knew RB was goin to be the better player and was ok with etiher one.

quinn reminds me of a manning type as far as pocket QB goes, meaning the potential he has, not saying he is going to be THAT great but saying the potential to be the brady/manning pocket QB but yet the far Mobile one is there.

why only two choices? Not realistic at all. I hope Minny reaches bigtime so we dont even have to think about Ginn at all.

Dont get me wrong..I LIKE Teddy Ginn alot. But if Quinn will be on the board..gotta take him over Ginn.

Ginn's acceleration is just unreal. It is crazy how fast he gets up to top speed. I love him-just not with the 9th pick in the draft. I feel he simply would be too much of a risk that high. If you take a WR that high in the draft, they had better be a surefire #1, and while Ginn's upside is simply off the charts, I have difficulty envisioning him as a true elite #1 receiver in the NFL. His frame is small, his hands are just ok at best, and his route running and overall instincts as a receiver are real raw. A lot of that may be able to be improved on with coaching, but it seems like more risk than we should be taking that high in the draft. He will easily be a top return man from the get go, but when we saw what Devin Hester did last year and where the Bears drafted him, it doesn't make Ginn at #9 look like that great of a value pick.

As for Quinn, I love the fire and leadership he exhibits. He just looks like he was born to play the position. His arm isn't going to blow anyone's doors off, but he can make all the NFL throws. That said, I would like to see just a bit more zip on some of his balls. He has good touch, though, and we all know he is a really intelligent guy.

I can much more easily get behind drafting Quinn at 9 than Ginn-part of that may be because it has been WAY too long since we have drafted a QB who had potential to be a franchise type guy, but also because he is just a much better value at that spot in the draft. I feel Quinn has a better chance of being a top QB than Ginn does to be a top WR.

I really hate 8-Mile. :lol:

But this is a no brainer poll. Brady Quinn all the way. Ted Ginn Jr. doesn't deserve to be in the 1st round. I rather have Mecheam, Jarrett and Sidney Rice over Ted Ginn Jr.

OK, I would definitely rather have a potential franchise QB over a WR any day.

I doubt Quinn falls to #9, therefore I would take Levi Brown if available and Ryan Kalil if both Quinn and Brown are gone. It's the OL and QB positions that need to be solidified for this team to be a contender.

Ginn wouldn't be on my radar screen. Although they were not very good last year, WR's are the least of our problems. Ginn shouldn't even be on the Phins wish list.

Back
Top Bottom