• Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame

Votes: 47 85.5%
  • Ted Ginn, Jr. WR Ohio State

Votes: 8 14.5%

• Total voters

Lab3003

Trust me, I'm almost a doctor
Reaction score
I read on a great site, http://www.thephinsider.com, the Dolphins are heavily considering drafting Brady Quinn at #9. They are attempting to attract QB coach Terry Shea to work for the Dolphins. Shea is currently working with Quinn to prepare him for the NFL Combine in Indianapolis.

If the decision is between Ginn, Jr. and Quinn, I would have a terrible time deciding between the two. Both would upgrade the corps of their respective positions. Then there is Dwayne Jarrett, however he is thought to run in the low 4.6's, so he isn't worth in my opinion a #9 overall pick, especially considering the type of Air Coryell offense the Dolphins hope to install.

Don't make a decision until you see the highlight reels below:

Ted Ginn Jr.
[youtube]4mmbbPKL3uc[/youtube]

Brady Quinn
[youtube]sLZO24ngnfQ[/youtube]

man the more i see brady quinn highlights the more i like him...Although we have to keep them in perspective and remember these are highlights and dont show the struggles...But with that being said coming into offseason i was totally against brady but i have decided if we draft him i will not be upset at all and think he has a decent chance to be a good pro...Jaws said the other day that he thinks in couple years brady quinn will be one of the elite in the nfl and i respect his opioion more then those other bozo's on espn so i say bring him on....

ok i think a lot has to do with...im assuming tho, not 100% sure, I CAN be wrong, that he is so successful b/c his line gives him about 10 seconds to throw, in half of those passes he is standing there bored out of his mind before he throws the ball. If i get time like that i can do something as well also he is about 10 yards behind the O line half the time.

although I DO want him and wanted him last year as well.

Ginn Jr, if we're basing it soley on these two highlight reels.

Not only can he make people miss and get into the endzone, he can do it on punt returns and kickoffs too.

Not to mention, I think its easier for a receiver to make the transition to the NFL then it is a quarterback, especially given all the variables. Brady Quinn can be the greatest QB ever, but if our O Line still sucks, he wont do much. But if Daunte or Joey or Cleo or whoever is under center can get the ball to Ginn, I think he has enough talent to make a play down the field.

Thats my own opinion. I'd love to have a franchise QB. Right now, every QB on our roster has a chance at making the team as the starter, and if Cam is as good with QBs as we think he is, they each have the potential to grow into a franchise QB. Do we really need to throw another QB into the mix?

Neither!! id like Gaines Adams

A DE? For a top 5 defense? With a pro bowl DE? And continue to ignore the O? DomiNOzzo.

I think Ted Ginn Jr is has the biggest upside potential in the draft. If the guy pays out, and it's as big of "if" as any other player in the draft, but if Ginn does pay out, two words: CHA CHING.

On the other hand, it doesn't get more important at QB where we've been bleeding the last eight years. The mighty Quinn has gauzes.

Defense wins Championships. Even this year the Colts D is what changed the Super Bowl.
I like the DT from Louisville Imobi (Sapp comparisons)

The kid is not a true NT in the 3/4 and is 19 years old. Do you really expect a 19 year old to come into the NFL and beat up on veteran Oline hogs? The kid is a 2-3 year project.

And you're absolutely correct. Defense wins superbowls. We have a top 5 defense. And we've had it for quite some time. We're still superbowl less. Defense may win superbowls but offense get's you there.

In the end, it's really a balance because it wasn't the Indi defense that sealed the deal here in Miami, it was Rex Gossman(never has a last name been so accurate).

Brady Quinn all the time baby.....all the time....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hmmm...do we take a franchise QB or a very unpolished, risky wide receiver who relies solely on speed? I am truely torn.

man the more i see brady quinn highlights the more i like him...Although we have to keep them in perspective and remember these are highlights and dont show the struggles...But with that being said coming into offseason i was totally against brady but i have decided if we draft him i will not be upset at all and think he has a decent chance to be a good pro...Jaws said the other day that he thinks in couple years brady quinn will be one of the elite in the nfl and i respect his opioion more then those other bozo's on espn so i say bring him on....

I agree, that's why I find it befuddling that some people would rather take a backup WR/KR/PR (Ginn) over a franchise QB.
Ginn has done absolutely nothing in college that suggests he would be an elite WR in the NFL. He looks like the reincarnation of Rocket Ismael.

Ginn Jr, if we're basing it soley on these two highlight reels.

Not only can he make people miss and get into the endzone, he can do it on punt returns and kickoffs too.

Not to mention, I think its easier for a receiver to make the transition to the NFL then it is a quarterback, especially given all the variables. Brady Quinn can be the greatest QB ever, but if our O Line still sucks, he wont do much. But if Daunte or Joey or Cleo or whoever is under center can get the ball to Ginn, I think he has enough talent to make a play down the field.

Thats my own opinion. I'd love to have a franchise QB. Right now, every QB on our roster has a chance at making the team as the starter, and if Cam is as good with QBs as we think he is, they each have the potential to grow into a franchise QB. Do we really need to throw another QB into the mix?

YES

ok i think a lot has to do with...im assuming tho, not 100% sure, I CAN be wrong, that he is so successful b/c his line gives him about 10 seconds to throw, in half of those passes he is standing there bored out of his mind before he throws the ball. If i get time like that i can do something as well also he is about 10 yards behind the O line half the time.

although I DO want him and wanted him last year as well.

Have you watched any Notre Dame games this year?
their Oline was awful. Probably in the botton half of the country. The whole team was pretty bad except Quinn and the receivers, Darius walker is a barely above average back who will fight to be a 3rd down back in the pros, their line was horrible this year, and their defense was even worse but yet he led them to a BSC game. Not To mention he spent the last two years running a Pro offense while all the other QB's were running watered down college offenses. if he struggled in big games its cause their team was so bad in so many areas, Quinn and the Receiving corp are what kept them in games

Well, I dont claim to see the future...BUT...I've been around football enough to get a gut feeling about certain players.

This draft, its Brady Quinn.

If my gut is right....again...this kid is going to be VERY GOOD for someone.

I hope its us....problem is...whenever I have a gut feeling some guy is going to be good...he's always gone before we pick...or worse...we go in another direction :boohoo:

Then all I can do is sigh and wonder what if.....

Back
Top Bottom