90% Chance Aaron Rodgers goes #1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

90% Chance Aaron Rodgers goes #1

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
According to ESPN Insider, the negotiations went very well with the agent for Aaron Rodgers and the Forty Niners left the meeting confident that a deal will be struck before the draft.

I would post a link but it wouldn't do any good.

My personal opinion is now that we will draft Alex Smith or trade down to #5 with Tampa if they're offer is good enough.

i hope we trade down, if we cant trade down then i want Braylon Edwards.

We need to trade down, and after trading down simply pick BPA where ever we are left, we have tooo many holes to think of priorities.

I wouldn't discount any of the top 4 players....for being the 49ers selection....just yet.

I think Saban wants a bonafide QB, word is that Linehan is pushing hard for Smith.

I think Tampa will have to pay a premium to get us away from Alex Smith.

BlueFin said:
I think Saban wants a bonafide QB, word is that Linehan is pushing hard for Smith.

I think Tampa will have to pay a premium to get us away from Alex Smith.

How do you know this?

fishypete said:
I wouldn't discount any of the top 4 players....for being the 49ers selection....just yet.

Well Pete, there are actually only three players they were considering at #1, Rodgers, Smith and Edwards, they brought Antrel Rolle in in case they trade down.

But this latest news about the very favorable negotiations with Rodgers agent coupled with the report I made regarding the Niner beat writer (Ira Miller) stating that Rodgers was their first choice makes it very probable Rodgers will be their man. Nolan makes the call for the Niners and he likes Rodgers over Smith.

Rodgers is very motivated to get a deal done because he is a hometown boy, he grew up loving the Niners and badly wants to play there.

BlueFin said:
According to ESPN Insider, the negotiations went very well with the agent for Aaron Rodgers and the Forty Niners left the meeting confident that a deal will be struck before the draft.

I would post a link but it wouldn't do any good.

My personal opinion is now that we will draft Alex Smith or trade down to #5 with Tampa if they're offer is good enough.
I'm okay with this. If someone wants our pick they have to pay, and pay bigtime. If not we take Smith and possibly have our QB for the next 12-15 years.

damn i was hoping smith went first... but i hope at least he gets a reasonable contract thats not crazy so we're not paying crazy money at number 2...

its pissing me off recently how much these untested rookies can make and how much they effect the cap... a busted high pick nowadays could be more harmful because of the cap ramifications with these huge signing bonuses...

DoLpHiNz34 said:
How do you know this?

I said "word is"......it has been reported by various sources.

Could be just rumour, but Smith ran an offense which was derived from Linehans offense so it doesn't seem like a stretch.

I have no idea why but my gut just tells me that if Rodgers goes #1 we will take Smith. For a while I thought Brown was a lock but either Saban has a great poker face or this is not the case. If we stay were we are it's either Smith or Edwards.
The three things that I love about Alex Smith are his smarts, his mobility and his age.

I know you said "word is"....meaning it came from someone's mouth. Who?

Yeah, it would seem he'd want him because of their prior history but who knows...

BlueFin said:
Well Pete, there are actually only three players they were considering at #1, Rodgers, Smith and Edwards, they brought Antrel Rolle in in case they trade down.

But this latest news about the very favorable negotiations with Rodgers agent coupled with the report I made regarding the Niner beat writer (Ira Miller) stating that Rodgers was their first choice makes it very probable Rodgers will be their man. Nolan makes the call for the Niners and he likes Rodgers over Smith.

Rodgers is very motivated to get a deal done because he is a hometown boy, he grew up loving the Niners and badly wants to play there.

Sounds great Blue....but it is still all speculation. The only saving grace is they have to sign a player before the draft...at least the Dolphins will know where they stand.

Back
Top Bottom