90-in-90 Miami Dolphins Roster Breakdown: Andre Branch | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

90-in-90 Miami Dolphins Roster Breakdown: Andre Branch

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

usa_today_10509203.0.jpg

Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports

Today, we take a look at defensive end Andre Branch.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/7...-miami-dolphins-roster-breakdown-andre-branch

Another piece of the puzzle that needs to step up and/or play up to his potential. Unless he has a phenomenal training camp he should be behind both Quinn and Harris. Even in 2016 I saw him time after time picking the wrong gap to penetrate. Whether that was by defensive design or poor player awareness I'm not sure.

Quinn is the starter. I don’t think that’s even debatable. Branch is a solid player, but was slowed by injuries last year. He and Harris are excellent depth and make DE one of the deepest positions on the team. One of the best in the league as a group IMHO.

Quinn is much better against the run, so I would think he starts.

Branch seems to be a team guy and well liked, he becomes a UFA in 2020, but in all honesty I would expect this to be his last year in a Phins uniform.

Branch seems to be a team guy and well liked, he becomes a UFA in 2020, but in all honesty I would expect this to be his last year in a Phins uniform.

Agreed. Anything he provides will be just a bonus at this point. You would expect him to contribute more like his healthy 2016 season rather than last years injury plagued season.

You can do worse than Hayes/Branch as your depth.

DE will be a first round need again soon enough but not likely in 2019. Robert Quinn bought us some time while still offering some potential.

Haynes and quinn will start there will be a heavy rotation if we can stop the run

I think we paid him a bit too much for what he's done so far in his career (averages 4 sacks a year), but he's also only going into his 7th season as a pro and hopefully can improve a bit still...I agree you can do a lot worse than him as depth but in that case if we end up keeping him on the team he will definitely have to take a pay cut

Back
Top Bottom