90-in-90 Miami Dolphins Roster Breakdown: Marqueis Gray | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

90-in-90 Miami Dolphins Roster Breakdown: Marqueis Gray

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

865071954.jpg.0.jpg

Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images

Today, we look at tight end MarQueis Gray.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/7...hins-roster-breakdown-marqueis-gray-tight-end

@Blackcreekbandit is like best buds with him on Snapchat. He's a decent role player

Lol the guy has no idea who I am but after reading that article all I can ask is how his chance to make the roster 5050 when they already say two other TEs that are gone were ahead of him but yet they still found a way to get him snaps. Imo he is a lock to make the team based on his ability to lead block, go down the field and catch and **** they even gave him some carries last year. Don't sleep on the fact he played qb in college either. 5050 my ass

Lol the guy has no idea who I am but after reading that article all I can ask is how his chance to make the roster 5050 when they already say two other TEs that are gone were ahead of him but yet they still found a way to get him snaps. Imo he is a lock to make the team based on his ability to lead block, go down the field and catch and **** they even gave him some carries last year. Don't sleep on the fact he played qb in college either. 5050 my ***
If we are ranking our TEs he is 3rd. The rookies are locks and both have different roles. Gray has his own unique role too good blocker, h-back. I think Escobar makes it as the 4th but I can understand the love I'm seeing for Darby. Gray is safe though

@Blackcreekbandit is like best buds with him on Snapchat. He's a decent role player
Yeah, but what role is that? Right now he is used as a battering ram on short yardage situations, and from all accounts he doesn't seem to like it.

I'm hoping the competition he has in camp this year lights a fire under Gray. IMHO he disappointed a bit last year after flashing in 16. His blocking was a pleasant surprise though. I think I'm more curious about how the TE position develops for us this year than any other. Could end up on either end of the spectrum in terms of production, and answering the question, "Is our roster actually getting more talented and deeper?"

Gray could be our week 1 starter. Although Gesicki has more talent, it might take him a few weeks to learn the ropes.

Gray could be our week 1 starter. Although Gesicki has more talent, it might take him a few weeks to learn the ropes.

Breakdown of his snap counts in 2017:

Offensive 127 (12.25%)
Special teams 225 (50.45%)

Stats for 2017
3 targets, 1 reception, 10 yards

If Gray is the Dolphins starting tight end week one, something has gone horribly wrong.

Yeah, but what role is that? Right now he is used as a battering ram on short yardage situations, and from all accounts he doesn't seem to like it.
Which is exactly how we shouldn't be using him. Dude is a playmaker. He has good hands and can catch deep passes. He needs to be put on the field more and passes thrown his way

Breakdown of his snap counts in 2017:

Offensive 127 (12.25%)
Special teams 225 (50.45%)

Stats for 2017
3 targets, 1 reception, 10 yards

If Gray is the Dolphins starting tight end week one, something has gone horribly wrong.
Gray really only had 3 targets? That's surprising. I guess we were busy trying to get Julius the ball

Which is exactly how we shouldn't be using him. Dude is a playmaker. He has good hands and can catch deep passes. He needs to be put on the field more and passes thrown his way

Come on man. Gray is not a playmaker. He is JAG who is good in spot duty. If Gray was all that, we wouldn't have drafted two TEs this year. Right now, he is battling for a roster spot and will probably get it because he contributes on special teams.

Wait what....A playmaker who has been on 4 different teams in his 6 year career?

A playmaker who has less than 30 receptions and 350 yds in his entire career?

A playmaker who has 0 touchdowns his entire career??

I'd call that a career nobody/backup...definitely not a play maker by any stretch of the imagination

Back
Top Bottom