9ers don't want to pay Manning $$ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

9ers don't want to pay Manning $$

Spray Mucus

Ray Lucas' mom didn't take vitamins
Reaction score
49ers | Unwilling to Sign No. 1 Pick to Manning Deal - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:52:20 -0700

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/19">Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports league sources are determined to award a contract to the No. 1 overall draft choice that is less than what the New York Giants paid for QB Eli Manning last year. The 49ers are willing to pay $24 million over the first four years of the deal, but they do not want to pay the $21 million in the final two years of the deal like Manning received.

And Smith said he want's Manning money. So what does this mean?

With Tom Condon, he'll advise Smith to hold out if drafted just like Manning and Ladanian Tomlinson....They either pay, or draft Rodgers and pay.

that means he wont be in a Miami Uniform....Eli got away with that last year....because of his last name.....that mess shouldnt have happened

That's ridiculous. Smith want's #1 money when there's debate whether he's worth the #1?!!?

Some of these agents should be lined up with some lawyers and shot.

PhinSoldia......I agree 100%

The Giants are hoping for Eli to turn out like Peyton and that in my opinion, just aint gonna happen.:shakeno:

Sooner or later, NFL salaries will peak out, no matter how popular the NFL is with fans.

He could be saying that, because perhaps he doesn't want to goto the 49ers.

Smith is trying to keep from being drafted by the 49ers. He wants to come to Miami and everyone on this board seems to be determined to talk about every possible permutation of events that would keep him out of here. The man wants to be our next Super Bowl QB and you guys are so obsessed with how many picks we get like this is a Monopoly game to collect little green houses. Why is everyone so down on Smith? He will be the next Joe Montana.

Smith will LOWER the $$$ big-time for the Dolphins. We can sign him.

I would SERIOUSLY trade UP to the 9ers to make sure we get this guy.

Saban needs to can all this trade talk and lock in on the best guy. The 9ers are trying to get all the goodies and we keep out-thinking ourselves.

Who said Smith will take less money to come to Miami? I don't believe that. He will take the best deal he can get, wether it is in San Francisco or an other place.

PhinSoldia said:
that means he wont be in a Miami Uniform....Eli got away with that last year....because of his last name.....that mess shouldnt have happened

Exactly, the point of a DRAFT is going where you're taken, #1 pick, famous bloodline, or ANYTHING, you don't get to CHOSE where you go. If you want to chose then don't enter the draft and become a free agent right after the draft and have your agent work out a deal with teams you wanna play for. I'm sure most of the top picks don't WANT to go to who they go to, because everyone wants to play for a winner and if your being picked near the top (unless you got the picks during a trade) then you AREN'T a winner, but true players and players with good character and team mentality suck it up and play and play HARD where they are taken, not whine and cry til daddy gets you a trade. I LIKED Eli in college, then that whole thing last years has made me HATE him FOREVER.

dolphingator said:

Saban needs to can all this trade talk and lock in on the best guy. The 9ers are trying to get all the goodies and we keep out-thinking ourselves.

:mrt: :ban: :roflmao:
You have got to be kidding me. is your name Dave Wandstedt???

dolphingator said:
Smith is trying to keep from being drafted by the 49ers. He wants to come to Miami and everyone on this board seems to be determined to talk about every possible permutation of events that would keep him out of here. The man wants to be our next Super Bowl QB and you guys are so obsessed with how many picks we get like this is a Monopoly game to collect little green houses. Why is everyone so down on Smith? He will be the next Joe Montana.

You are kidding right? Why would we trade up one spot giving away more picks jsut to get Smith. That is CRAZY. If we do that Saban should be fired.

RELAX DOLPHIN FANS

MERCURY 40 HERE IS ON THE JOB . NEED I REMIND YOU GUYS THAT EVERY TEAM IN THE AFC EAST HAS A RESPECTABLE QB EXCEPT US. DRAFTING SMITH WOULD BE A GREAT PICK UP FOR US AND GETTING A RESPECTABLE QB IS THE CONNERSTONE TO MAKING THE PLAYOFFS.

Butt just to cover my own cabose i would chose
rd 1 qb alex smith or edwards
rd 3 the legondary morency future pro bowl rb
rd 4 wr mark braddley
rd 5 whoever the hell isnt a bust
rd 7 cb darrent williams

Back
Top Bottom