9PM PST ESPNews on 49ers & Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

9PM PST ESPNews on 49ers & Fins

fins4o8

Mac
Reaction score
Since I only watch SportsCenter & Baseball Tonight on ESPN, I tend to have on ESPNews more.

ESPNews just reported the fins might go WR Edwards & 35 yrs ago the fins traded with Cleveland & ended up with Warfield(sp) & he ended up being a HoF.

Hank on ESPNews just reported that the fins might go WR Edwards, RB Brown or QB Smith. I know nothing new basically but the Warfield (sp) comment caught my eye.

Before they talked about the fins, Sal (forgot lastname) talked about the 49ers & how Nolan told him he knows who his pick is but isnt telling anyone (obvious), then said that he has been in contact with 4 teams wanting to trade with them & one of them are the Skins.

Mike Phipps

On edit: admittedly an obscure reference. That was the player Cleveland took with the 1st round pick from the Warfield trade. He damn near bit our *** a year or so later. Phipps was QBing in the Orange Bowl, first round playoff game '72. We trailed 10-7 after a Phipps TD pass. Morrall pulled it out with a long pass to Warfield in the middle of the 4th quarter. I think Kiick scored the winning TD, but Morrall to Warfield jumpstarted things. The Orange Bowl was dead silent and doom in the air until that play.

Im not sure how Brown fits the bill. We havent paid much attention to him, so I dont know why people are saying were going to draft him. Not saying we wont, Im just saying...why?? Edwards and Smith I wouldnt mind, but we shouldnt rule out Mike Williams and the other 2 rb's either. At least we talked to Benson.

These guys (Sal, Fat Hank) are reporting on broken record mode. Heard the same stuff all damn day

Niners are going Rodgers but fishing for trade. Smith sounds like he doesn't want to go to San Fran. Their owner is really hated and hard to work for. If Smith is smart, and he is, he will hold out for Miami.

Buccaneers | Expressed Interest in Jaguars' Garrard
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:27:35 -0700

Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers expressed an interest in trading for Jacksonville Jaguars QB David Garrard prior to Garrard signing a new three-year deal to remain in Jacksonville. The Jaguars' asking price of a first-round pick in exchange for the quarterback was believed to be too steep.

49ers | Expressed Interest in Jaguars' Garrard
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:26:58 -0700

Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports the San Francisco 49ers expressed an interest in trading for Jacksonville Jaguars QB David Garrard prior to Garrard signing a new three-year deal to remain in Jacksonville. The Jaguars' asking price of a first-round pick in exchange for the quarterback was believed to be too steep.

Dolphins | Expressed Interest in Jaguars' Garrard
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:26:20 -0700

Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports the Miami Dolphins expressed an interest in trading for Jacksonville Jaguars QB David Garrard prior to Garrard signing a new three-year deal to remain in Jacksonville. The Jaguars' asking price of a first-round pick in exchange for the quarterback was believed to be too steep.

Packers | Expressed Interest in Jaguars' Garrard
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:25:35 -0700

Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports the Green Bay Packers expressed an interest in trading for Jacksonville Jaguars QB David Garrard prior to Garrard signing a new three-year deal to remain in Jacksonville. The Jaguars' asking price of a first-round pick in exchange for the quarterback was believed to be too steep.

Lions | Expressed Interest in Jaguars' Garrard
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:24:57 -0700

Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports the Detroit Lions expressed an interest in trading for Jacksonville Jaguars QB David Garrard prior to Garrard signing a new three-year deal to remain in Jacksonville. The Jaguars' asking price of a first-round pick in exchange for the quarterback was believed to be too steep.

Browns | Expressed Interest in Jaguars' Garrard
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:24:16 -0700

Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports the Cleveland Browns expressed an interest in trading for Jacksonville Jaguars QB David Garrard prior to Garrard signing a new three-year deal to remain in Jacksonville. The Jaguars' asking price of a first-round pick in exchange for the quarterback was believed to be too steep.

Bears | Expressed Interest in Jaguars' Garrard
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:17:11 -0700

Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports the Chicago Bears expressed an interest in trading for Jacksonville Jaguars QB David Garrard prior to Garrard signing a new three-year deal to remain in Jacksonville. The Jaguars' asking price of a first-round pick in exchange for the quarterback was believed to be too steep.

MrClean said:
The guy who Cleveland drafted with the pick received for Warfield as I recall?

You got it! I should have waited. No one seemed to catch the obscure reference so I edited my earlier post and filled in the details.

Back
Top Bottom