A badge question | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A badge question

darkmistress said:
I've taken MW's time away from helping with the badge situation to work on something else :whip: I don't know about the others though they may be offline... there are still a few people who don't have the right badges so don't give up hope just yet :wink:
No, the actually told me that they discontinued it. I don't know why though.

I mean, people still have their "Draft Guru" badges, yet they take my News one away. I don't get it.

Nublar7 said:
No, the actually told me that they discontinued it. I don't know why though.

I mean, people still have their "Draft Guru" badges, yet they take my News one away. I don't get it.

:hmmm: weird I wonder why :confused:

Bump... Testing-testing. Is this thing on? I thought I just wasnt paying attention to an earlier post when I noticed all the badges were gone. I only have one little one, but I love the one I have...:boohoo:

EDIT: Wooohooo. Its back... ITS BACK... Oh thank you for finding my badge guys:bugeye:

darkmistress said:
I'd ask for you but I think I've bugged the guys enough today :foundout:
Don't worry, I have sent out my fair share of PMs. I sent one to Wharf, Mindwarp, inFINSible and Byron. I hope at least one of them doesn't ignore me.

Nublar7, why are you saying you weren't told why? I told you why, 6 hours ago....I can show everyone the PM that you responded to if you'd like. :confused:

inFINSible said:
Nublar7, why are you saying you weren't told why? I told you why, 6 hours ago....I can show everyone the PM that you responded to if you'd like. :confused:
I'll post it:
We're working on getting all the badges up now.....as for the News poster badge....that one is being discontinued....we would like everyone to feel like they are news posters and giving that badge to only certain members doesn't send the message we want to send.
Sorry about that....maybe we'll come up with a hgilight maker badge or something.....stay tuned!
I don't understand it though. A lot of people would like to be a "Draft Guru", so why not get rid of those badges? Out of all of them, why single me out? That is what I want to know. We never had a problem before with the badge. Why a year later "discontinue" it?

Nublar7 said:
I'll post it:

I don't understand it though. A lot of people would like to be a "Draft Guru", so why not get rid of those badges? Out of all of them, why single me out? That is what I want to know. We never had a problem before with the badge. Why a year later "discontinue" it?
I don't think it has anything to do with you personally, Nub. We are changing a few things that's all.

I told you what I understand to be the reason and if that's not good enough for you, you'll have to wait until Wharf gets back to you about it. Sorry man, I tried

Nublar7 said:
Nubs I see what they're getting at. Draft Gurus are guys that seem to have an uncanny eye for young talent, more so than the average person, they earn their badges that way. Whereas News poster is more generic, anyone with the interent can do it. I believe a highlights badge would be better suited to you. Plus it's more unique :wink:

inFINSible said:
I don't think it has anything to do with you personally, Nub. We are changing a few things that's all.

I told you what I understand to be the reason and if that's not good enough for you, you'll have to wait until Wharf gets back to you about it. Sorry man, I tried but, don't sit out here lying about nobody telling you anything, that's not cool man.
I wasn't lying, I just saying that I didn't understand the situation. I understand that you don't want other people feeling bad about someone else having a "News Poster" badge, yet I see people with "Draft Guru" ones. No offense to them, but what makes them able to have that and nobody else. I mean, AJ asked me to post the news on the main page of FH(which I have for almost a year now). I know it is trivial, but I would like to be recognized for helping out the site.

I am sorry if I came across rude or crybabyish(I don't even know if that is a word. :lol: ) but, I just felt confused by the whole situation.

darkmistress said:
Nubs I see what they're getting at. Draft Gurus are guys that seem to have an uncanny eye for young talent, more so than the average person, they earn their badges that way. Whereas News poster is more generic, anyone with the interent can do it. I believe a highlights badge would be better suited to you. Plus it's more unique :wink:
I will take a Highlights badge, shut my mouth, and be on my way. :wink:

Sorry for my tantrum Mods/Admins. I usually try to keep calm, but I was a little baffled. You guys do a great job, and I appreciate everything this site has given me.

Nublar7 said:
I wasn't lying, I just saying that I didn't understand the situation. I understand that you don't want other people feeling bad about someone else having a "News Poster" badge, yet I see people with "Draft Guru" ones. No offense to them, but what makes them able to have that and nobody else. I mean, AJ asked me to post the news on the main page of FH(which I have for almost a year now). I know it is trivial, but I would like to be recognized for helping out the site.

I am sorry if I came across rude or crybabyish(I don't even know if that is a word. :lol: ) but, I just felt confused by the whole situation.
Yeah Nubs, as you can see I edited that part out of my post....you weren't lying, I misread what you wrote.
We appreciate all you've done we really do, we just want as many members as possible to think that they're all "news posters"....and it doesn't make much sense to give everybody a badge....kinda spoils having it, you know what I mean?
DM, get to work on that "Highlights" badge....:whip:

inFINSible said:
Yeah Nubs, as you can see I edited that part out of my post....you weren't lying, I misread what you wrote.
We appreciate all you've done we really do, we just want as many members as possible to think that they're all "news posters"....and it doesn't make much sense to give everybody a badge....kinda spoils having it, you know what I mean?
Thanks InFINSible. I really appreciate everything and your fellow mods/admins have done. A highlights badge to replace the news one would make me happy, and you won't here me complain for quite a bit. :) I love this site, and I am happy to help in anyway possible.

Thanks a bunch again InFINSible. :up:

inFINSible said:

*mutters to self* me and my big mouth...*sigh* ok gimmie a sec :wink:

Back
Top Bottom