A changing of the guard...miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A changing of the guard...miami

There are bonafide stars in this list. B Jones, van noy. Pro bowl potential, Breida, Lawson, Ogbah. Not to mention the SUPERSTAR my man TUA. Talk to me in 2 years when we are already contending for the AFC (not just the afc east).
Kyle Van Noy is not a "star" player lol. He's a very solid and reliable linebacker though, which you need on a team to succeed.

And who told you that, Grier’s personal secretary, Ross himself??? Nah, Flores definitely had his input.
We’re not allowed to call out posters per the TO’s
But some are in this tread.

After this free agency period and draft I feel more confident today than I have in years past. I also feel more confident that we have a chance to take the AFC-E.

Really do feel like this was one of the most important offseasons in the last 20 years for this franchise and whether you agree with the moves or not this front office has been very proactive in flipping over the roster adding young hungry team first high character guys.

Here is a breakdown of players brought in during this off-season and their position group. I am including undrafted free agents

QB:
Tua

RB:
Jordan Howard
Matt Berida

WR:
Kirk Merritt
Matt Cole
Malcolm Perry

TE:
Bryce Sterk

OL:
Ereck Flowers
Austin Jackson
Robert Hunt
Ted Karras
Solomon Kindley
Donell Stanley
Nick Kaltmeyer

DL:
Emmanuel Ogbah
Shaw Lawson
Raekwon Davis
Jason Strowbridge
Curtis Weaver
Benito Jones
Tyshun Redner
Ray Lima

LB:
Kyle Van Noy
Kanu Grugier-Hill
Elandon Roberts
Kylan Johnson

DB:
Byron Jones
Noah Igbinoghene
Brandon Jones
Clayton Fejedelem
Adrian Colbert

31 new players, now not every player on this list will be making the roster but with 53 man rosters and 9 PS guys you could see nearly half of the roster would have been added this off season alone.

I know the roster was atrocious this past year but some gems were found and young guys developed. But this is I feel nearly unprecedented.

Exciting times for sure, welcome all the new players your talent and skill is most certainly welcome in Miami!

So far, based on what we know, Miami has a number of average and above players. While that may sound negative, that's far better than the '19 roster. And the number of sub/rotational players are improved. If just a third of this year's rookies work out, Miami could be playing well by game 8.

Healthy Tua and a functional O Line is enough to be a very good team in this league.

If Flo can work the meat and potatoes, no flash defensive prototype of the Patriots....well....

So far, based on what we know, Miami has a number of average and above players. While that may sound negative, that's far better than the '19 roster. And the number of sub/rotational players are improved. If just a third of this year's rookies work out, Miami could be playing well by game 8.

I don’t think it’s negative if you go over the roster from last year you had between 10-15 players you liked and thought could continue forward with, that’s sobering. So again while not all these players will make the roster it should double or more the talent and group of players to build with.

2019 players you like to build with...

Parker
Williams
Howard
Needham
Baker
McMillian
Gesicki
Wilkins
Godchaux
AVG
Rowe

Maybe...
Wilson
Ford
Beigel

Last edited:
My favorite part about the draft is the theme that everyone seems to have... loss. You can tell these are all humble guys that will take their jobs seriously. All of them have dealt with devastating personal losses in some way. Family members being ill or dying, being the step-up person to help others around them. It has all the makings for everyone to form deep bonds with each other and learn with each other instead of just going to make it rain at the strip club ala the Pounceys.

We’re not allowed to call out posters per the TO’s
But some are in this tread.

I am not calling you out. You clearly said you were told, so that’s telling me you have some sort of contact in the organization. So I’m asking

I am not calling you out. You clearly said you were told, so that’s telling me you have some sort of contact in the organization. So I’m asking
Sorry if that’s what you got out of my first post,
But if I had an inside source they would laugh their assoff at that statement. It was clearly from this site, I explained that to you in my response to you.

My favorite part about the draft is the theme that everyone seems to have... loss. You can tell these are all humble guys that will take their jobs seriously. All of them have dealt with devastating personal losses in some way. Family members being ill or dying, being the step-up person to help others around them. It has all the makings for everyone to form deep bonds with each other and learn with each other instead of just going to make it rain at the strip club ala the Pounceys.

They’ve always said they want to build a team first mentality, they are aiming for high end talent but extremely high character. 53 guys who believe in each other and play for each other and maximize their effort for each other is significantly better than having 4/5 superstars that do the heavy lifting.

I have seen some post saying that there are some veterans out there who want to mentor that might be a good option once the season is actually defined by some means. I just feel like they’re really well set up and like last year the first eight weeks might not be great but the second half of the season this team might take off

Really do feel like this was one of the most important offseasons in the last 20 years for this franchise and whether you agree with the moves or not this front office has been very proactive in flipping over the roster adding young hungry team first high character guys.

Here is a breakdown of players brought in during this off-season and their position group. I am including undrafted free agents

QB:
Tua

RB:
Jordan Howard
Matt Berida

WR:
Kirk Merritt
Matt Cole
Malcolm Perry

TE:
Bryce Sterk

OL:
Ereck Flowers
Austin Jackson
Robert Hunt
Ted Karras
Solomon Kindley
Donell Stanley
Nick Kaltmeyer

DL:
Emmanuel Ogbah
Shaw Lawson
Raekwon Davis
Jason Strowbridge
Curtis Weaver
Benito Jones
Tyshun Redner
Ray Lima

LB:
Kyle Van Noy
Kanu Grugier-Hill
Elandon Roberts
Kylan Johnson

DB:
Byron Jones
Noah Igbinoghene
Brandon Jones
Clayton Fejedelem
Adrian Colbert

31 new players, now not every player on this list will be making the roster but with 53 man rosters and 9 PS guys you could see nearly half of the roster would have been added this off season alone.

I know the roster was atrocious this past year but some gems were found and young guys developed. But this is I feel nearly unprecedented.

Exciting times for sure, welcome all the new players your talent and skill is most certainly welcome in Miami!

Yeah, the team will be unrecognizable from last year. This is a team that should win at least 7 or 8 games this year which is solid considering we are still in the middle of our rebuild, and a lot of the young players drafted were chosen for their upside which means they are going to need a year or two of seasoning/development. Oline is definitely better, as is the front 7 and secondary on defense. Can’t wait for the season to start...

There are bonafide stars in this list. B Jones, van noy. Pro bowl potential, Breida, Lawson, Ogbah. Not to mention the SUPERSTAR my man TUA. Talk to me in 2 years when we are already contending for the AFC (not just the afc east).
Not so sure about Byron Jones being a star. He was not a star at Texas but merely just an above average player on a bad Texas defense. I think he will be more a special team player than a starter for the Dolphins next year and only time will tell if he can be a starter down the road.

Back
Top Bottom