A Collection Of Opinions.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Collection Of Opinions....

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Alright, I want to try something new here. I want to get everyone's general opinion of the game. What I will do is grab about four or five... perhaps more... of these opinions and put them on the main page as news. You will receive credit for your work/opinion.

So, if you have already written an observation or whatever of the game... post it here... and I will make the decision on weather or not to put it on the main page.

Note: If anyone actually attended or saw the game.... PLEASE let me know! :D

It's just as expected. We had to play well. Losing against an expansion team would have been so ominous it would have permeated throughout the season. On the other hand, Texas is an expansion team so we shouldn't gloat either.

The Dolphins cleaned up many of the mistakes from the first couple of games and showed that they have some talent on both sides of the ball. Ricky was not overwhelming, but he was solid and showed some of the short yardage power that we have been missing in recent years.

The offensive line looked much better, but the injuries to Brent Smith and Todd Wade were a real blow. Wade is going to be ok, but Smith is done for the year it appears. Nails did fine, but appears a little slow in pass protection. Dixon looked good for the most part at tackle.

It was good to see Fiedler playing a bit better. He was much more accurate on his trows and moved the team by converting on some third downs. Fiedler's only big mistake was a floater he threw down the middle that might have been intended for Chris Chambers. Turned out to be a decent punt.

The receivers looked good with Chambers and OG settling in as the starters. OG looked good until he fumbled on what would have been a big gainer. He needs to protect the ball better when he is running.

The defensive front was much better. The defensive line got good penetration and it looks like Wally (2 Sacks) is going to be very strong for us this year. Zach and Taylor also did a nice job. We showed a great deal of depth at defensive tackle and it looks like one or two guys that can play in this league will have to be cut.

The secondary was good, but Marion and Surtain had subpar games though a couple penalties hid that in the stats book. It was surprising to see Surtain get turned around on a play. Rumors that he is surpassing Madison (Who Me?) appear to be premature.

Overall? We were good. But, an expansion team may not be the best measure of we were are.

The Fins finally showed up for a game. It took two exhibitions of embarrasment, but they finally got it right, even if it happened at the expense of an expansion team. Regardless, the win and the fine play should give the team what it lacked most - optimism. The belief that they can put together a good performance and get the ball rolling in time for season's start.

The positives of the night were the play of R. Williams, Konrad, Fiedler, Ogunleye, Nails, and the special teams. The negatives were the injuries to Smith (who's out for the year), Wade (which he should be OK), Taylor (which was only a minor elbow injury) and to a lesser degree, the play of the corners.

All in all, the night was prosperous in that they got over the hump in the win column and don't have the spectre of what may have been a disaster - a third straight loss and the latest at the hands of an expansion team. Instead, we can call this the start of more prosperous ways... on the road to kicking off the season right.

Back
Top Bottom