A Comparison No One Wants To Make... Qb 17/18 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Comparison No One Wants To Make... Qb 17/18

Like many have pointed out, Tannehill, Moore, Cutler and Osweiler all basically produce the same in this system. It’s got to be the system too.

if Brady came in here and tried to run his own play hed be traded to the
Jets.

Don Shula was the one who wasted the Marino years. Don’t know why the rest of us have to suffer for it.

this is very true. Shula wanted a RUNNING GAME while having no defense to speak of, the soft defense we still, and always have because by now its in our Football DNA. we have Marino and hes worried about a running game.

Brady could care less who the RB is.

this is very true. Shula wanted a RUNNING GAME while having no defense to speak of, the soft defense we still, and always have because by now its in our Football DNA. we have Marino and hes worried about a running game.

Different eras. Running backs in general were more critical to an offense then.

These stats do nothing but show that Gase is predictable. Tannehill has more than enough football smarts and talent to make all the throws, hell even Brock was decent enough to produce more than he did. The problem is this stupid system that Gase is stuck on. Two totally different talent levels at QB and they end up with similar production.....is it bc they're equal in terms of ability? Not even remotely. The common denominator is the HC and this chicken **** mentality that he has.

The Dolphins stopped running the ball during the 1984 game at San Diego and never returned to the running game for a decade. It was too little running, not too much running. I've detailed those comical numbers many times, like somehow being outrushed 40-8 by San Diego in that playoff defeat despite leading the entire game and often by wide margin

That Marino era was the second most boring stretch in franchise history, behind only the Tannehill era. From season to season there was no reason to expect anything to change, and it did not.

5.22 and 7.53. That is the YPA between the two and that is a huge advantage to Tannehill. Add that to the higher completion percentage and in my mind the contention that they are close is blown out of the water.

I am not going to argue that Tannehill is the QB of the future for this team. I have supported him, but my patience has worn thin. However, to say that Cutler's play was similar to Tannehill's is ridiculous.

The Dolphins stopped running the ball during the 1984 game at San Diego and never returned to the running game for a decade. It was too little running, not too much running. I've detailed those comical numbers many times, like somehow being outrushed 40-8 by San Diego in that playoff defeat despite leading the entire game and often by wide margin

That Marino era was the second most boring stretch in franchise history, behind only the Tannehill era. From season to season there was no reason to expect anything to change, and it did not.

they were always trying to find ways to establish the run, but you cant run the ball when you re defense can stop nobody. every year they would try to run the ball because we won 2 super bowls running the ball. to this day
all the talk about is establishing the running game yady yada. our defense sucks- our def lineman suck our linebackers are so bad many people dont know who they even are, or def backs are stiffs etc etc....you cannot have a running game when your opponents can score at will its self defeating, you run the clock out on yourself.

still we continue with the running game talk.....as if we need it to compliment the passing game which doesnt even exist.

Back
Top Bottom