A Compensatory Draft Pick For James...

CRIOS

Formerly A&O
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
The upcoming draft will be vital for getting the overhaul on a positive track. Grier and the personnel brain trust are on the spot and must deliver. The Dolphins will get a compensatory draft pick for James.

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
They aren’t signing big names... they are doing it the Patriot Way! Remember though... The Patriots have deviated with Brady getting near the end.

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
All speculation until the season is played.

Comp formula can be complicated, but yes, as of now, Miami is on track to get a comp pick or 2.

Sean

Just Win, Baby
Reaction score
As it stands now, 3rd for James, 5th for Wake, and 7th for gore (last one is possible)

Avigatorx

Ohana
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I wouldnt bank on the picks.

First, no one knows the formula outside the league office. Its more closely guarded than ESPN's QBR or Krusty Krab's Krabby Patty recipe.

Second, we have been signing guys, sure, not marquise names, but guys nonetheless. That counters the guys we lost.

Third, I'm not sure the guys we lost are as valuable in the league's eyes as many of you think they are.

And finally, we are the Dolphins. Any chance the league gets to **** us over, they will take it.

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I fully expect Miami to acquire as many 2020 picks as possible during the draft.

That’s what Ross wanted to do last year and the draft philosophy I’m always on board with except for last year when MF was my guy all along.

This is the year to focus on adding extra 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks.

I’m also concerned that the high number of DL/ edge prospects in this years draft will also bring a lot of busts.

Business as usual is no more in NFL. The rare player trades are much more common as is the purchasing of desirable contracts. Cleveland might be ahead of the curve and dare I say be on the verge of becoming the NFL’s version of the GS Warriors.

susser2000

Second String
Reaction score
I really wish Gase wouldn't have traded Landry; we probably would've gotten a third for him.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom