A Compensatory Draft Pick For James... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Compensatory Draft Pick For James...

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The upcoming draft will be vital for getting the overhaul on a positive track. Grier and the personnel brain trust are on the spot and must deliver. The Dolphins will get a compensatory draft pick for James.

They aren’t signing big names... they are doing it the Patriot Way! Remember though... The Patriots have deviated with Brady getting near the end.

All speculation until the season is played.

Comp formula can be complicated, but yes, as of now, Miami is on track to get a comp pick or 2.

As it stands now, 3rd for James, 5th for Wake, and 7th for gore (last one is possible)

I wouldnt bank on the picks.

First, no one knows the formula outside the league office. Its more closely guarded than ESPN's QBR or Krusty Krab's Krabby Patty recipe.

Second, we have been signing guys, sure, not marquise names, but guys nonetheless. That counters the guys we lost.

Third, I'm not sure the guys we lost are as valuable in the league's eyes as many of you think they are.

And finally, we are the Dolphins. Any chance the league gets to **** us over, they will take it.

I fully expect Miami to acquire as many 2020 picks as possible during the draft.

That’s what Ross wanted to do last year and the draft philosophy I’m always on board with except for last year when MF was my guy all along.

This is the year to focus on adding extra 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks.

I’m also concerned that the high number of DL/ edge prospects in this years draft will also bring a lot of busts.

Business as usual is no more in NFL. The rare player trades are much more common as is the purchasing of desirable contracts. Cleveland might be ahead of the curve and dare I say be on the verge of becoming the NFL’s version of the GS Warriors.

I really wish Gase wouldn't have traded Landry; we probably would've gotten a third for him.

Back
Top Bottom