A Concern as a Dolphin Fan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Concern as a Dolphin Fan

BgBruthaJuvi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have to say that I'm a little concerned about this team. We can sit here and argue how we screwed up the past two seasons with playoff shots for the taking especially this year with the creampuff schedule, but I would rather look at the future and I'm not terrible optimistic. As much as we might talk up our own players, take a good look at the other AFC East teams. I have a question for all of you...

Would you trade our entire roster for that of the Pats, Bills, or Jets? How about all of them? Are we any closer to winning a title than we have been for years? Because if you match up our rosters to that of the other teams, we look like we are in trouble. I would trade ours for the Patsies in a split second (personal attachment to players put aside obviously) and I think the Bills as well. They seem to have found a nice groove playing a bunch of rookies and under-25 players. How many of those under-25 guys do we have confidence in? The Bills and the Packers are near 500 with young rosters while we are probably one of the older teams in the league. The Jets amaze me with nobody recognizable on that roster (for the most part) and they remain 8-6. I think unbiased, I feel like our team barring some really good offseasons has a future that isn't as bright as the others in the division. Let's hope for a good April.

I have to say that I'm a little concerned about this team. We can sit here and argue how we screwed up the past two seasons with playoff shots for the taking especially this year with the creampuff schedule, but I would rather look at the future and I'm not terrible optimistic. As much as we might talk up our own players, take a good look at the other AFC East teams. I have a question for all of you...

Would you trade our entire roster for that of the Pats, Bills, or Jets? How about all of them? Are we any closer to winning a title than we have been for years? Because if you match up our rosters to that of the other teams, we look like we are in trouble. I would trade ours for the Patsies in a split second (personal attachment to players put aside obviously) and I think the Bills as well. They seem to have found a nice groove playing a bunch of rookies and under-25 players. How many of those under-25 guys do we have confidence in? The Bills and the Packers are near 500 with young rosters while we are probably one of the older teams in the league. The Jets amaze me with nobody recognizable on that roster (for the most part) and they remain 8-6. I think unbiased, I feel like our team barring some really good offseasons has a future that isn't as bright as the others in the division. Let's hope for a good April.

I agree, this team is regressing while the other teams in the division are improving. But we could be like other people here and say that culpepper will take us to the next level:shakeno: In the end we all want the same thing, some are just worried more than others and should be until this team shows alot more improvement.

I beg to differ.
and the fact remains the same, the only person to touch the ball more than the quarterback might be the center.

not saying Culpepper is the solution to all our problems, but i'll be damned if he IS the problem and that Saban is not fixing our problems. it has been proven time and time again in the NFL and even in dolphins history with Lord Marino that a quarterback cannot win a superbowl alone.

However, the quarterback posistion has become increasingly meaningful in the national football league. And i hate to seem like the premature jack here but Culpepper is a duel threat pro-bowler who all but got the vikings into the superbowl despite a horrible gary anderson kick. You cannot deny that.

I dont care what success Brees had this year and whether or not he gets MVP. Brees doesnt scramble, and you have to be a hybrid-athlete to "take it to the next level". Culpepper was one dimensional this year. and the time and place in the NFL where one dimensional quarterbacks who DONT have the ability to scramble will become short.

So put all your frustrations aside from injury and not making playoffs and focus on the facts here. Culpepper is the miami dolphins future. He IS the next level. He will be the reason we make it to the playoffs next year due to his ability to spread out the defence and keep them guessing, something marino in his final years was unable to do, something harrington cant do well, and something many QBs right now cannot do. Those who can win games. You cannot be predictable and win games.

you guys need to find a better QB, and get some younger talent on defense. R.Brown needs to start staying healthy. You have to like the fact you guys have been a thorn in the side of Brady. Not many teams can say that

you guys need to find a better QB, and get some younger talent on defense. R.Brown needs to start staying healthy. You have to like the fact you guys have been a thorn in the side of Brady. Not many teams can say that

That's hillarious coming from a guy who's team has Chad Pennigton behind Center. :lol:

maybe we should re-name this site skyisfallingheaven.com.

Funny how pessimism is not allowed on this site. Maybe we should rename it "we're6and8butstillthebestteamheaven.com" I'm simply making a suggestion that we are falling behind the other 3 teams in terms of youth and skill. Their 5 year plans look better than ours cause ours requires several good drafts and skillful signing of FA while they already have young guys and can afford to lay an egg or two in the upcoming drafts.

Funny how pessimism is not allowed on this site. Maybe we should rename it "we're6and8butstillthebestteamheaven.com" I'm simply making a suggestion that we are falling behind the other 3 teams in terms of youth and skill. Their 5 year plans look better than ours cause ours requires several good drafts and skillful signing of FA while they already have young guys and can afford to lay an egg or two in the upcoming drafts.
Pessimism is allowed but to say you would trade our entire roster for someone else is downright....

You mentioned their 5 year plan is looking better than ours but you are forgetting one thing...their 5 year plan has been going on for more than 5 years. Ours is just in the second year.

I think maybe you misunderstand what I mean by trading our roster. Honestly, wouldn't you be more optimistic and comfortable with our future if we had the Titans roster for example? Lots of young players with a young stud QB. As much as i love the veterans on this team, our squad is old and ineffective on offense.

Back
Top Bottom