A couple of things | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A couple of things

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
First off, I wanted to thank my girlfriend for the fabolous autographed Dan Marino Football with custom display case that I got for christmas. THANK YOU BABE!

Secondly, I am wondering as to why everyone is a Dolphin fan. I know a lot of people live in the Miami area so it is natural to root for the team nearby. But what about people in California(such as myself) or Ney York, Colorado, Washington or anywhere else? Was it due to a certain player? A certain season? Perhaps something else?

I am just kind of wondering because its funny how we root really, for the laundry moreso than the player. For instance, If Dan Marino had gone ot the Vikings a few years back, we would all be Dolphin fans (as well as Marino fans), but we would still root for the Dolphins over Marino.

So why is everyone a DOLFAN?!?!

i root for the fins cuz my dad liked them as a kid and i just sort of started watching them then i liked them more and more

It was watching the Christmas day game againt Kansas City in 71 that went into the second overtime. I just realy started to get into the game sitting their with my Dad. It the 1st game that I can realy remember watching.

I am from the Caribbean, the Cayman Islands and Miami was pretty much our second home, went there to shop and stuff, we got a Satellite dish just before the '84 Super Bowl and watched the Dolphins agh, lose the damn game, Marino had me hooked, though my Dad and I had no f**king clue what they were doing, we are Rugby Players, never football and had to buy a rule book to figure out what the hey was going on! Well 18 years later we still don't know ****, but we are completely hooked, all my family have fav teams and I can't call my Dad if the Seahawks have lost as he will be in a foul mood, quite often the last few years!

What a great game and great team to support!

i grew up across the street from my uncle (only 5 years older) and so i would be hanging out with him everyday. he liked the dolphins so i liked the dolphins :).

I liked all these different players when I became a football fan (like around 6) but always thought Marino was the coolest. I became a fan because of him, but if he went to Minnesota I would have definetly still been a fan because although he made me a fan, I started to root for the helmet, not the person inside it. I became a huge fan who follows the team like crazy when I was 13, so this is my 3rd year of following them closely. My room is full of Dolphins stuff, including my favorite thing which is a signed Marino Dolphins helmet. I will be a Dolphins fan forever, and got DirecTV so I could watch them every Sunday. :) GO DOLPHINS!

Well, growing up in the SF/Oakland Bay Area, my father was a patriots fan so I had to like the Dolphins, and they used to be my second favorite team next to Oakland. But then Oakland moved and I was a little kid at the time and took the move harder than most and really hated them for that for several years, the Fins moved into the #1 spot in my heart and by the time the Raiders moved back and I forgave them, the Phinz had already engrained themselves as my favorite team.

Barbarian, its funny, I didn't mind the Raiders when they were in LA, but now that they are back in the Bay Area, I HATE THEM. I have to listen to dang Raiderfan at every turn and I can't stand it. The SF bay area is a great place to live (the best if you ask me) but I cannot stomach the sports teams in this neighborhood.

I became a dolphin fan roughly 1976 or 1977.i was about 5 yrs old. my grandparents had a timeshare vacation home in santa clause, indiana. Bob griese shared the house through the year also. he left us an autographed football but the housekeeper took it (boo hoo), man id love to have that one back. ive been a finfan ever since.

believe it or not..

because of a refrigerator magnet.
yes it's true. I remember being in fifth grade, and the guy next to me had a Dolphins Helmet refrigerator magnet. We used to doodle and draw stuff all the time so we drew a whole bunch of those Dolphin helmets. I guess I thought something about was cool so I just started to kinda follow them. Maybe because I grew up in Browns country and there's nothing on their helmet!!!! Maybe it was the colors.
I remember having a Griese poster, and I always pretended to be Csonka breaking through tackles. Then we had Wood-Strock, I think I really got hooked on that hook&ladder play and that Phins-Bolts classic. And then of course, along came Marino, how could not like the Phins? Now I live in Pittsburgh, and intstead of getting to cheer for Danny, I get to cheer for another local, Jason Talyor.
I rarely hear from the Stiller fans when the Phins win, but I hear it when the lose!

I became a fan in the 80's when my brother lived in Miramar and everything was right near his house. Besides how could you not LOVE Dan Marino!
I always thought the Jets sucked and did a dance of joy when they left my beloved Shea (I'm a HUGE Mets fan) to be renters in NJ. The only natural thing when you hate the Jets is to become a Dolphins fan, so I did :)

Back
Top Bottom