A degree of caution | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A degree of caution

The draft has more more thrown into the thing on analytics, the Senior Bowl, the Rorschach test, the drills timed to the hundredth of a second followed by interviews, pro days back round checks to when the kid was a Cub Scout etc. Really you can maybe get the odds to be in your favor but only by having extra picks and you still have to be right and the kid has to be a fit, the money has to be right and the kid has to stay healthy or he's no use to you. I think Ross insisted on bringing in some help for Grier and that's where Allen and McKenzie come into the picture. I see big Reggie's thumb print on some of those o-line picks. I'm praying we got it right, it's a tough game and we haven't played it very well in ages and it's cost us dearly. I think this draft will be won or lost on the health and play of Tua. I think he's going to be great!!

I see it like this If we end up with TOP tier extensions for 2 draft pics from this draft then we hit a home run. More than likely we only hit on one - Tua. After that if we get three mid tier extensions after 4 years then we were definitely successful for this draft.

But winning the draft in terms of individual players is only one step. It takes more than drafting well to get where you can be sustainable long term in the league. It takes a combination of GM, Scouting, coaching and ownership all juggling the cap, the positional need, FA, draft, injuries, and a **** ton of luck.

Back
Top Bottom