A different (positive) spin on what has recently unfolded | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A different (positive) spin on what has recently unfolded

Good post but for me -- first position I started in football (albeit like 10 years old) was G and IMO

really superior inside play (which has been for the most part lost in the "modern game") is

THE BALLS! I love C and G action (nothing naughty) and SOS -- win up front and win the game!

That said, there are fewer and fewer stud Gs in college -- and that makes your point relative

but if there's a certified dominator (would love me some Hog Hannah) then late R1-R2 is OK by me.

The BEEF up front just makes you TUFF in every game...

Would also love me some Dwight Stephenson.

:)

I can't argue about having guards that are maulers. A solid, consistent run game is a young QBs best friend.

It's not that I undervalue the position so much that, as you say, the NFL as a whole tends not to use high picks on them, thus the reason there are still very good ones there on day 2.

Realistically, it is much easier to tear it down than it is to build something good. That said, I have been a fan of the wheeling and dealing. I just question whether or not they will draft well. I wish we knew for sure how involved Grier was in each draft and draft pick. Like was Carroo his idea or Gase's, or Tannebaum's? What about Harris (sorry Harris fans)?

What's happening this year is we got tired of being middle of the pack by doing the same thing over and over every year. So this year we decided to blow it up and start from the bottom up with tons of cash and picks. This might work or it might not work but we needed to do something different.
On the field Miami is a mess. Off the field so far Miami is playing chess while the rest of the league is playing checkers.

It's kind of an unprecedented rebuild in terms of the NFL. I can't remember the last time a team tore it down to this degree with young talent going along with the expected veterans.

Salary wise Miami can spend big in free agency without jeopardizing the future. By the time the 2019, 2020 and 2021 draft picks need to get paid these contracts will be off the books.

Obviously, it still comes down to making the right personnel decisions.

I'm just gonna chill and watch the rebuild. Tanking or not it's going to be different next couple of years.

Even our logo is chilling this year.
FullSizeR.jpg

I know, but this is a terrific group coming out. Have to capitalize on talent and, let's face it, Miami needs help everywhere.
You may be right, but WR is a few spots down on my priority list.

Now if Megatron2 is available, I'll surely be willing to reevaluate that list.

You may be right, but WR is a few spots down on my priority list.

Now if Megatron2 is available, I'll surely be willing to reevaluate that list.
I get that. Definitely feel the offense needs the most help, but pass rushers are high on the list as well. Plus a run plugged at DT.

I get that. Definitely feel the offense needs the most help, but pass rushers are high on the list as well. Plus a run plugged at DT.
The first thing to address on offense, other than the obvious QB situation, is the line. The rest doesn't matter much if the blocking, both run and pass, is non existent.

Fortunately between the draft, and the cap$ we have available, there is no excuse not to field a competent line next season.

If someone like Prince, for example, is able to break out, even better. I think with a little development that guy could be an absolute animal.

It is fine to support the tank, which I do, but to support everything that this staff does blindly on faith that they will tank and then rebound correctly is the epitome of naivete.
I don't support the tank because i cant support somethin that doesnt exist

I have no problem with what's been done so far. I am just skeptical of Grier rebuilding this team. I do hope he does a good job at it. I also hope Rosen can prove he can lead this team. Would be nice to use all those pics to build the roster. I am just not sure anyone can prove themselves with the talent on this team right now.

I have no problem with what's been done so far. I am just skeptical of Grier rebuilding this team. I do hope he does a good job at it. I also hope Rosen can prove he can lead this team. Would be nice to use all those pics to build the roster. I am just not sure anyone can prove themselves with the talent on this team right now.
I have more faith in Grier than some. He did add some top quality evaluators, so there is that.

As far as JR proving himself? He doesnt have to prove it to us. He has to prove it to Flores, and Flo isn't going to use the same criteria as the fans or, for that matter, the media.

Obviously, there will be times when Rosen is under immediate pressure, his receivers are covered, and there is nothing to be done except get rid of the ball.

There will also be times where the line holds, and he has some time.

On those occasions, the reads and decisions he makes, as well as the actual throws, will be what matters in the end.

That's why, IMO, the win loss record is not that relevant. If he does the smart things, makes the correct reads, calls the proper protections, etc, within the design of the scheme, what more is there to ask of the man?

If he doesn't do those things, or doesn't quickly progress at them by the end of the season, that's a different matter.

The first thing to address on offense, other than the obvious QB situation, is the line. The rest doesn't matter much if the blocking, both run and pass, is non existent.

Fortunately between the draft, and the cap$ we have available, there is no excuse not to field a competent line next season.

If someone like Prince, for example, is able to break out, even better. I think with a little development that guy could be an absolute animal.
No doubt. I seriously hope Miami signs two starting caliber offensive linemen in free agency. Then draft two pretty high. Otherwise whoever's quarterback will struggle.

Grier has to get it right and hit on picks at a high rate.

I don't support the tank because i cant support somethin that doesnt exist

Come on man. We put Bobby McCain at Free Safety. Do you think we did that to win?

Either we are trying to tank or these are bad coaches with bad personnel moves.

Back
Top Bottom