a different spin on our QB situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

a different spin on our QB situation

Wolf13

Starter
Reaction score
Lets just say we don't draft Ryan, believing Beck is the key, and Beck has a horrible season. That would most probably put us in position to have a top 5 pick.

Would you be for or against Goodell in April of 2009 saying:

"With the <insert draft position here> pick the Miami Dolphins select Tim Tebow, Quarterback, University of Florida"

I know I'm jumping the gun on the next offseason, but would you prefer aqs your franchise QB Ryan, Beck or Tebow?

yes. tim Tebow is not going to be a very good QB in the NFL. He will be the next Alex Smith, a complete bust at the next level

Watch the Michigan game, and see what Tim Tebow does when he is not able to run it. He is a below average passer, his ability to run makes him a great college quarterback, but he won't be able to do that in the NFL cause defenses are that much faster.

I do not think Tebow is going to be a great NFL talent because the Spread offense has a tendancy to inflate a qbs draft status. That being said, I want nothing to do with Matt Ryan. Stick with Beck and go after Volek.

Tebow will be crap in the pros,pick Matt Stafford from Ga.

Watch the Michigan game, and see what Tim Tebow does when he is not able to run it. He is a below average passer, his ability to run makes him a great college quarterback, but he won't be able to do that in the NFL cause defenses are that much faster.

Watch the Michigan game and see what happens to any passer who has DLinemen crawling all over him the whole game. Tebow has the skills and is a good passer. The key to any NFL success for him will be whether he can learn to effectively read defenses. Only a sophomore and has not really had to read defenses.

another question with Tebow is also adapting to taking snaps from center

ok lets go a little further (I posed this question to a co worker today), other than Tebow next season, are there any QBs that are generating a lot of heisman / can't miss hype for this upcoming season and we really couldn't name any top QBs in the top conferences. Ok there's Colt McCoy from Texas, but I think he's average to above average at best.

Though I'm really unsure at this point with TT will translate well to the Pros, your point is an exceptional one.

Passing on Ryan and improving our defense (Long) is very low risk. If Beck fails, we'll have a top 6 pick next year and can address the situation then, or with an intelligent FA signing, preferably THIS year, even the year after.

I think the mistake CC and RM made in picking Ginn and Beck was they'd already decided long before draft night that they'd go QB and WR with picks one and two, where Willis and Ugoh may have been far more sensible long term. Can you imagine if in two years we managed to add Ugoh, Willis, Ryan and say... Rodgers Cromartie or Early Doucet? If those two turn out to be studs, they're the types of drafts that turn an awful team into a playoff team. RMs long sightedness was ironic in it's short sightedness I guess. I think Tuna will make no such mistake. No way Ryan will be in Miami, IMO.

Aside from options in the draft next year, which look very limited, there is also the strong possibility that Derek Anderson doesn't get a long term deal done with Cleveland, plays out this season at his RFA tender, and then hits the market next offseason as an unrestricted free agent.

If that happens, and Anderson proves last season wasn't a fluke while Beck struggles, I would be fine with giving Anderson a big money deal.

Back
Top Bottom