A Dolphin TEAM first | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Dolphin TEAM first

Originally posted by Phinnish
This Miami Dolphin TEAM milestone happened against the Eagles.

What was it ?
on 12/9/90, the dolphins allowed the eagles to possess the ball 42:28, yet the phins won in OT 23-20, and made the playoffs for the first time since 85!

On Nov. 8, 1970, at Philadelphia, the Eagles broke a Dolphin streak of 11 consecutive quarters holding the opponent scoreless. Although the Dolphins held the Eagles scoreless for 3 quarters, they came back and beat the Dolphins 24-17. The 11 straight quarters holding the opponent scoreless is still a Dolphin team record today.

Yes all those may have been milestones, but not a milestone for the TEAM. The Phins allowing the Eagles to possess the ball a certain amount of time and getting into the playoffs for the first time since a certain year is not a first. And the possesion thing is more defensive.

Shula's 325th win is an individual record.

The Eagles ending Miami's streak is not a 'first'...streaks have started and ended many times.

This TEAM acheivment I am talking about is the first time the Dolphins ever did this. I guess I'll add that this was a win.

10/12/75 The first time the Dolphins beat a team from the NFC East in regular season

yes it was a first............

and it was the team that allowed that record amount of possession time. it was the first time the team had allowed that many minutes!

in 84 they had 16 straight victories, they won 24-23!

The Phins allowing the Eagles to possess the ball a certain amount of time and getting into the playoffs for the first time since a certain year is not a first.

The game I was reffering to was August 17 1968 when the Dolphins won their first interleague victory ever.

Back
Top Bottom