A Favor For nyjnc | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Favor For nyjnc

we are allowed to differ, sorry if I offended you in any way I just hate how no Jet fans seem to have any appreciation for him. He's not great, never was and never will be but he was a big part of those runs and considering we haven't seen a SB since long before any of us were born we should appreciate playing for the right to get to the SB.

we are allowed to differ, sorry if I offended you in any way I just hate how no Jet fans seem to have any appreciation for him. He's not great, never was and never will be but he was a big part of those runs and considering we haven't seen a SB since long before any of us were born we should appreciate playing for the right to get to the SB.

It's all good. You didn't offend me. I love debating sports.

I'll never discredit Mark's playoff accomplishments. Best playoff performer at the QB spot we probably have ever had taking the Super Bowl win out of it and looking at it strictly based off wins and performance in those games . He also does have a knack for making big plays at big moments. Plenty of games come to mind especially in 2010 (Houston, Cleveland, Detroit). Even the San Diego playoff game where we differ on his play, he still made big throws at big spots in that game for us. I can't pretend that didn't happen.

It's always risky letting a top pick walk away from your team. I could be dead wrong on Mark and he could go somewhere and make Jets fans regret wanting him gone for many years to come. We'll see. I don't think I am but it's just an opinion. Everyone is wrong at certain times when it comes to sports. That's what makes sports so great.

I just don't like being categorized not necessarily by you, but by anyone as a "Mark hater" like some people are, and deservingly so. I don't hate him. I simply don't think he is that good. I've always said I could be wrong. Sometimes it takes players a little longer to reach their full potential. Mark's absolutely shown that he has talent. I just worry that it will always come in flashes. We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
You stop it. You judge players based on what the team does. That's why the majority of people disagree with you. I don't care what the Jets did in 2009 and 2010. That's irrelevant when judging Mark. Everyone would take Tannehill as a player over Mark. It's not really debatable. But because the 09 and 10 Jets were better then the 12 and 13 Dolphins you come to the conclusion that Mark is therefore better then Tannehill. That makes no sense at all.

Mark and Cotchery and Keller for all of 09 then got Braylon 4 weeks in. That's pretty good.

In 2010 he had Keller, Edwards, and Tomlinson all season then got Holmes 4 weeks in and had Cotchery who was banged up but played more then he sat.

In 2011 he had Keller, Holmes, and Plax all season and the Jets added Kerley. Plax was out of football after that because he got hurt. Stop making excuses.

Is this how you argue with people? If they don't agree with you they're terrible fans? They don't deserve to have a successful team. Not everyone has to agree with you about everything when it comes to sports, the NFL, and the Jets. You act like your the authority on anything Jets related and if people have opposing views they don't know what they're talking about. Funny thing is your in the minority. The majority of people who talk about Mark share the view that he isn't all that good. The question is whether or not his career can be salvaged.

It's amazing how 2 Jets fans can disagree over the same point. Junc has your 2 AFCCG appearances tattooed on his back probably if not as wallpaper in every room in his house. But to you those games are something you don't care about.

I understand people have different views on similar topics but those 2 appearances in 2009 and 2010 are all Junc has been clinging to since then.

It's amazing how 2 Jets fans can disagree over the same point. Junc has your 2 AFCCG appearances tattooed on his back probably if not as wallpaper in every room in his house. But to you those games are something you don't care about.

I understand people have different views on similar topics but those 2 appearances in 2009 and 2010 are all Junc has been clinging to since then.

Mark is a lightening rod topic for Jets fans.

It's not that I don't care about those games. Those seasons were fun rides and even though we came up short in both of them i'll always look back fondly on them. So close yet so far I guess. But 2009 and 2010 were a long time ago now. It's 2014.

I just can't judge Mark's career soly based off of those runs. He played very well for us in the playoffs. That's what makes him such a weird player. He really was a good playoff performer. But I thought his performance in the regular season consistently wasn't all that good. He's just to inconsistent a player for me. I don't want to keep waiting for him to put his inconsistent play behind him because he might never.

Like I said it's just my opinion. I don't think people who want Mark back are crazy or anything. I just personally don't think he is that good.

Mark is a lightening rod topic for Jets fans.

It's not that I don't care about those games. Those seasons were fun rides and even though we came up short in both of them i'll always look back fondly on them. So close yet so far I guess. But 2009 and 2010 were a long time ago now. It's 2014.

I just can't judge Mark's career soly based off of those runs. He played very well for us in the playoffs. That's what makes him such a weird player. He really was a good playoff performer. But I thought his performance in the regular season consistently wasn't all that good. He's just to inconsistent a player for me. I don't want to keep waiting for him to put his inconsistent play behind him because he might never.

Like I said it's just my opinion. I don't think people who want Mark back are crazy or anything. I just personally don't think he is that good.

I don't think he's good either. Is it an anomaly that he was the QB of the Jets when they got that far in the playoffs? I think so. I don't think they got there because of him nor do I think they lost because of him. He's an average QB if that.

But Junc rides his jock into the ground and then a whole ton more. That's his right. But in 50 years he'll still be doing it while saying Sanchez led the Jets to more wins than Miami has had in 20 years. While that fact can't be debated, to me it isn't because of Sanchez.

It's hard to win in postseason, you aren't winning consistently if you don't get quality QB play. Even truly great defenses need quality QB play to win and we were nowhere near a great defense in those years.

So the 3 other teams playing in the championship games those years had better defenses than the Jets?

I don't think he's good either. Is it an anomaly that he was the QB of the Jets when they got that far in the playoffs? I think so. I don't think they got there because of him nor do I think they lost because of him. He's an average QB if that.

But Junc rides his jock into the ground and then a whole ton more. That's his right. But in 50 years he'll still be doing it while saying Sanchez led the Jets to more wins than Miami has had in 20 years. While that fact can't be debated, to me it isn't because of Sanchez.

I agree that the Jets didn't get to the playoffs because of him. As far as winning games in the playoffs, it's tough. Mark performed very well against Cincy, Indy (09), New England, and Pittsburgh. He made a couple of clutch throws in an otherwise poor performance against San Diego, and wasn't all that good against Peyton in Indy the next year when they won. I don't think it's crazy to say that we don't make the title games without Mark. Especially in 2010. 2009 I think any decent QB probably could have done what Mark did for us. Cincy was primarily a defensive and rushing game effort but Mark was extremely productive when asked to throw it. The San Diego game was won totally on defense, like I said Mark made a couple clutch throws but who knows what another QB.

Basically, it's very hard to go back and play the "what if" game.

The difference in the SD game was at QB, SD's tried to do too much and committed the big mistakes, ours allowed the game to come to him and made big plays when he needed. mark was really good in that game.

That's all he has. It is something he will probably talk about with a drool in 20 years. We can't take the little guy's toys and fun away.

I agree that the Jets didn't get to the playoffs because of him. As far as winning games in the playoffs, it's tough. Mark performed very well against Cincy, Indy (09), New England, and Pittsburgh. He made a couple of clutch throws in an otherwise poor performance against San Diego, and wasn't all that good against Peyton in Indy the next year when they won. I don't think it's crazy to say that we don't make the title games without Mark. Especially in 2010. 2009 I think any decent QB probably could have done what Mark did for us. Cincy was primarily a defensive and rushing game effort but Mark was extremely productive when asked to throw it. The San Diego game was won totally on defense, like I said Mark made a couple clutch throws but who knows what another QB.

Basically, it's very hard to go back and play the "what if" game.

I don't play the What If game. There's no way to tell what could've happened in any other situation than what did happen.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

That's all he has. It is something he will probably talk about with a drool in 20 years. We can't take the little guy's toys and fun away.

So long as the Jets don't make it back there and Miami never makes the playoffs then you're right.

Back
Top Bottom