A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise!

Tua is great college qb but pros are going be another subject. His body ain't going last long in pros. Dolphins need find another qb in this draft class. If Tua is still on board in 3rd or 4th round. I would take fly on him.

That's a great point, he made some very nice plays and also some bonehead throws that I have seen several QBs make when they are trying to make something happen. I would love to know what the staff thinks of him as I find it hard to believe they have come to a consensus on him with what they saw...strange

To me, Rosen's problem is the mental part of the game. I'd love to know what Flo and staff think of him as opposed to during his two starts

They aren't significant though. This was the first "significant" injury and it's a freak injury. He had ankle surgery to strengthen the ankle above a normal limit last year and didn't miss a game. Had the same thing done with the other ankle. Those procedures supposedly make it almost impossible to sprain your ankle ever. This latest injury is the only one that's worth monitoring because it was pretty significant and nobody knows the prognosis as complications could arise over the next few months. If that's fine, then he'll gain traction right up towards the top of the draft again.

There are two choices:
1) You go with another QB and hope they fix their flaws
2) You go with Tua and hope he comes back ok if you're under the assumption that 1 doesn't apply.

I'm of the opinion that #2 is less risk as of now. Things could obviously change over the next few months though.
Start Fitz have Rosen to back up

Tua in the Stable

tua could suffer an amputation and his fan boys would start talking about how far prosthetics have come. i feel terrible for the kid and don't wish injury on anyone, but this is a blessing in disguise because it's going to prevent us from making the massive mistake we were going to had he not grenaded his hip.

To me, Rosen's problem is the mental part of the game. I'd love to know what Flo and staff think of him as opposed to during his two starts
Rosen have not shown flash of nothing.. most first rd pick may look good sometimes and look bad sometimes.. I really dont see what Rosen bring to table for dolphins except taking a chance on player.

The obvious factor in all of this is whether or not the medical checks out. As fans we will probably not get any concrete info about his health, recovery, chances for reinjury etc. But if he checks out medically and is expected to recover fully even if it takes him missing an entire rookie year that’s when all my points become positives. Obviously this is all contingent on doctors evaluations

I think Rosen problem. Is still in his head what happened in Arizona. Than coming to another terrible team like dolphins. Rosen was dealt bad hand in nfl. It might be too much for him to overcome. It just me I could be right or wrong. That first round privilege is gone for Rosen. He have to earned his stripes going forward in nfl.

Last edited:
Wanna know why Fitz has half the sack rate of Rosen? Rosen won't have a "respectable" Oline unless he's playing for Dallas because he routinely makes Olines look worse. It's been said a billion times, and it's why he got benched, that he takes too long to process the field. What do you think happens because of that? He gets sacked a ton. You act like it's just bad luck that nobody can protect him... From UCLA, to Arizona, to us.
There's some truth there, but many of his sacks happened way to quickly to say they were his fault. He also had a lot of dropped passes. I want to see more of him before deciding.

Have you seen Rosen behind a "Respectable" O-Line in Miami or Arizona??? Do you think he had a fair shot to prove himself? What about all the drops? I counted at least 5 perfect throws for TD's that his WR's dropped..
Our receiving corps has been good at that ever since Brian Hartline left.

Hell, Brandon Marshall had like 8 or 9 dropped TDs when he was here.

Wanna know why Fitz has half the sack rate of Rosen? Rosen won't have a "respectable" Oline unless he's playing for Dallas because he routinely makes Olines look worse. It's been said a billion times, and it's why he got benched, that he takes too long to process the field. What do you think happens because of that? He gets sacked a ton. You act like it's just bad luck that nobody can protect him... From UCLA, to Arizona, to us.

I don't believe it is bad luck for Rosen, not yet; he has more sacks because he can not process the field as quickly as a 10+ year veteran. This is his 2nd system in 2 years and he is 23 years old. If and when he gets another chance, I would like to see if his ability to identify the play and execute quicker has improved.

How many bones are there in a body?

Whether Tua now has impervious ankles or not, his hip is still vulnerable as are all his other bones and cartilages. Just because he may or may not overcome the hip issues and be able to warm up like Dak, doesn't mean he's home free!

If he's so injury-prone on a college team that sends several of its OLs to the pros, it's naive wishful thinking that behind even a mediocre OL he won't end up a triage waiting to happen!

I wanna preface this by saying I’m a Tua fan and I hope dolphins land him.
1) The injury increases the likelihood he will be available for us. And also decreases the chance of a team baiting us to trade up. If Tua is our guy and medical checks out we can still play hard ball and I seriously doubt a team trades up over us to land him.
2) Time to develop, let him sit for a year learn the offense spend time behind Fitz, learn as much as he can, recover and come back with a slight edge as opposed to starting right away.
3) OLINE. We all know our offensive line is abysmal and needs to be rebuilt. We have cap space and picks to add talent to protect. But one of the most important factors that every good Oline has is continuity. Great offensive lines aren’t built in an offseason these guys need reps together to learn to play as a unit. If we can land a few building block pieces and let them play together before Tua starts it will be beneficial for the young QB.
4) Josh Rosen, we are one of the few teams who already have 2 cheap QBs under contract. Tua sitting a year gives us an extra year to evaluate Josh Rosen with more talent around him. The benefits to this is A) he improves his value and we trade him to recoup a pick. B) he proves he can be a long term reliable back up to Tua. C) he fails but we don’t have to worry about the what ifs and we move on D) he somehow becomes a superstar, and we trade Tua when he’s healthy for a solid haul (extremely unlikely scenario but figured I’d throw it in).
Another year....blah, blah, blah, that's all we ever hear around here. Tannehill had too many of those already. Just go up and get the guy they really want!

How many bones are there in a body?

Whether Tua now has impervious ankles or not, his hip is still vulnerable as are all his other bones and cartilages. Just because he may or may not overcome the hip issues and be able to warm up like Dak, doesn't mean he's home free!

If he's so injury-prone on a college team that sends several of its OLs to the pros, it's naive wishful thinking that behind even a mediocre OL he won't end up a triage waiting to happen!
Lots of teams send OLs to the pros, doesn’t mean they’re great. I mean **** look at the revolving door known as our Oline the past what decade or so?
All “pros” but played like garbage. Tua never had all 1st round talent on his O line, like some people think. The interior of that line is and are garbage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom