A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise!

Wanna know why Fitz has half the sack rate of Rosen? Rosen won't have a "respectable" Oline unless he's playing for Dallas because he routinely makes Olines look worse. It's been said a billion times, and it's why he got benched, that he takes too long to process the field. What do you think happens because of that? He gets sacked a ton. You act like it's just bad luck that nobody can protect him... From UCLA, to Arizona, to us.
Exactly. I live near Buffalo and I listen to the Buffalo sports talk shows and I'll never forget the endless calls they took back in the day saying that they needed to fix their offensive line because Rob Johnson kept getting sacked, but then Doug Flutie stepped in and voila, the same offensive line was fixed.

I hope the guy goes back to school to prove he can put the injuries behind him and still play so all of this Tua talk can be postponed until next year. I'd rather gamble on another quarterback in this class than sit at the edge of my chair every Sunday hoping and wishing he doesn't get piled on or rolled up on as that could ultimately end his career once and for all. Then we will see the big uproar of everyone questioning why we decided to gamble on an injury riddled QB then we are back to square one trying to find a franchise QB.

There’s a very good chance that this injury causes Tua to go back to school for his senior year. I have no doubt that Team Tua will be doing some major cost-benefit analysis at the end of the year to determine if the hit to his draft stock outweighs the severity of the injury. And if this is the case and he does declare I would be taking a very hard look at the long term risk the injury brings to his ceiling as a professional quarterback, because you don’t have a dad that aggressively involved in his football career from such an early age who isn’t currently looking at what will get his son drafted at the biggest possible slot.

There’s a very good chance that this injury causes Tua to go back to school for his senior year. I have no doubt that Team Tua will be doing some major cost-benefit analysis at the end of the year to determine if the hit to his draft stock outweighs the severity of the injury. And if this is the case and he does declare I would be taking a very hard look at the long term risk the injury brings to his ceiling as a professional quarterback, because you don’t have a dad that aggressively involved in his football career from such an early age who isn’t currently looking at what will get his son drafted at the biggest possible slot.
If he can play his senior year then that means he's healthy. And if he's healthy then he'll get drafted in the top 3 in 2020. No point in him going back to Alabama and risking yet another injury that could completely destroy his draft stock for 2021.

I think as long as he's doing well in his rehab he'll 100% declare.

We have to trade up, plain and simple. No matter where we pick we have to trade up with Washington to get the 2nd pick.

from there we control our own destiny with either Tua, Burrow, or Young. We have too much ammo to sit back and hope.

We have to trade up, plain and simple. No matter where we pick we have to trade up with Washington to get the 2nd pick.

from there we control our own destiny with either Tua, Burrow, or Young. We have too much ammo to sit back and hope.
If Miami trades up for a defensive end we should be lined up with torches and pitchforks.

I disagree that we "have to" do anything.

First of all, we don't even know what the draft will ultimately be, or our spot in it. We could end up picking #3 to #8. Not likely that low, but with some bad breaks, possible.

Aside from that, rationality precludes Tua, Burrow will be taken and Cincy isn't trading the pick.

I guess if you really want Young, you can make an offer, but it certainly isn't worth spending multiple high picks.

I would rather stay put, and take BPA, or trade down.

I do want a QB by our fourth pick, but not interested in picking him 15 spots above value. Of course, mock draft value, my value, and Grier/Flores value are all different.

I wanna preface this by saying I’m a Tua fan and I hope dolphins land him.
1) The injury increases the likelihood he will be available for us. And also decreases the chance of a team baiting us to trade up. If Tua is our guy and medical checks out we can still play hard ball and I seriously doubt a team trades up over us to land him.
2) Time to develop, let him sit for a year learn the offense spend time behind Fitz, learn as much as he can, recover and come back with a slight edge as opposed to starting right away.
3) OLINE. We all know our offensive line is abysmal and needs to be rebuilt. We have cap space and picks to add talent to protect. But one of the most important factors that every good Oline has is continuity. Great offensive lines aren’t built in an offseason these guys need reps together to learn to play as a unit. If we can land a few building block pieces and let them play together before Tua starts it will be beneficial for the young QB.
4) Josh Rosen, we are one of the few teams who already have 2 cheap QBs under contract. Tua sitting a year gives us an extra year to evaluate Josh Rosen with more talent around him. The benefits to this is A) he improves his value and we trade him to recoup a pick. B) he proves he can be a long term reliable back up to Tua. C) he fails but we don’t have to worry about the what ifs and we move on D) he somehow becomes a superstar, and we trade Tua when he’s healthy for a solid haul (extremely unlikely scenario but figured I’d throw it in).

I cannot stomach watching Fitz for one more game let alone another season

Wanna know why Fitz has half the sack rate of Rosen? Rosen won't have a "respectable" Oline unless he's playing for Dallas because he routinely makes Olines look worse. It's been said a billion times, and it's why he got benched, that he takes too long to process the field. What do you think happens because of that? He gets sacked a ton. You act like it's just bad luck that nobody can protect him... From UCLA, to Arizona, to us.

How many times was Fitz just sacked in Buffalo?

How many times was Fitz just sacked in Buffalo?
So you pick a one game sample size instead of a season to somehow prove a point?

What a waste of time this conversation is.

Had a hip injury in High School that derailed any chance at playing at the collegiate level. From being tackled too much I started having clicking in my hip, at 17. Was advised not to play any more high school contact sports. It was going to continue to get worse, hip injuries will reoccur. As I got older, my hip impacted my back, my legs, my flexibility and my overall ROM. It's not something that goes away and improves.

I didn't see the game where Tua got injured, but I've previously thought about him being injury prone. I feel horrible this has happened to him, but my meaningless take is he is too much of a risk at this point. He may never be as mobile as he was before. I agree with some here saying it might be wise for him to return to Bama at least for one more year.

I still think the right thing to do is to fix the line and other positions, and don't get caught up in the QB battles this year. Especially if we aren't getting number one overall pick. I like Burrow at this point, but I haven't seen enough of him to know for sure. He's got the "it" thing going for him though with that win over Bama. I need to see some of these other QBs in some big games. When they are playing crappy competition, it doesn't mean anything to me.

Especially because we all know this team won’t be rebuilt in 1 offseason after getting teared down to the bone
Oakland is looking like one yr turn around so we can do it too.

Last edited:
Is anyone even willing to wait and see how he recovers before they write his name on our draft card? It's mind boggling that there is so much unconditional obsession for this guy to the point that they could announce his hip will have a severe likelihood of permanent damage and half the board would still be saying "take the chance!"

I would be willing to bet that the FO is waiting, and certainly is compiling new strategies. I'm certain that they are. If you don't think there are serious red flags then you're allowing emotion to decide for you instead of logic.

Back
Top Bottom