A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise!

Touche'
except:
1)I don't believe Brees had a litany of unrelated injuries and procedures through college nor previously in SD

2)Our crack medical staff OTOH gave Culpepper a thumbs up although he no longer had the benefit of mobility to buy time so Randy Moss could get free and the team paid the price by wasting a traded 2nd round draft pick and of course on the field :shrug:

Given the number of QB-needy teams every year, how many teams made a legitimate offer to Brees. Miami made the offer. Other teams didn't trust the injury that far.

This is your quote in another thread today.
39wildman
He did right thinking. He must be better in 2020. Got to get this team in right directions. Maybe 6 -10 next yr would be nice

So which is it a 6 and 10 record or a playoff run.
You seem to be all over the place.
I want dolphins in playoff in 2020. I real world maybe 6 to 7 win.

It would be the most Dolphins move ever to draft Tua after a significant hip injury. He'll drop and the Fins will think they were smart grabbing him with the pick they got for Fitzpatrick, when a man with his medical history shouldn't be on the board of any rebuilding team. 2 different breaks in his throwing hand; quad injury, hamstring injury, 2 ankle surgeries to mitigate his numerous ankle sprains, an mcl sprain and a major hip injury. And these are injuries acquired playing behind a bunch of NFL caliber linemen in college. He'll be mangled and broken in the NFL, especially if this hip injury limits his mobility, which is a large part of his appeal as a pro prospect.

It would be the most Dolphins move ever to draft Tua after a significant hip injury. He'll drop and the Fins will think they were smart grabbing him with the pick they got for Fitzpatrick, when a man with his medical history shouldn't be on the board of any rebuilding team. 2 different breaks in his throwing hand; quad injury, hamstring injury, 2 ankle surgeries to mitigate his numerous ankle sprains, an mcl sprain and a major hip injury. And these are injuries acquired playing behind a bunch of NFL caliber linemen in college. He'll be mangled and broken in the NFL, especially if this hip injury limits his mobility, which is a large part of his appeal as a pro prospect.
POST OF THE DAY RIBBON SMALLER.jpg

The more I read about Herbert, the more I'm warming up to the idea of drafting him, especially if our QB whisperer, Coach Caldwell gets his issues resolved and can return to work with him on cleaning up what's described as readily correctable.

Let Tua go, guys. Draft Herbert or Fromm in R1, and Steven Montez in the later rounds. Trade Rosen to a QB needy team for a 2nd rounder.

The more I read about Herbert, the more I'm warming up to the idea of drafting him, especially if our QB whisperer, Coach Caldwell gets his issues resolved and can return to work with him on cleaning up what's described as readily correctable.
I have been gravitating toward Herbert, as well. Good to great arm. Seems to avoid dumb mistakes. Not as agile as some might like.

I haven't heard anything about Caldwell, though. Is there speculation he will return at some point?

I have been gravitating toward Herbert, as well. Good to great arm. Seems to avoid dumb mistakes. Not as agile as some might like.

I haven't heard anything about Caldwell, though. Is there speculation he will return at some point?
NO.. just wishful speculation on my part.

How mobile can he be behind that all NCAA/NFL line - seems he gets dusted up a lot? Which is it? He has an all world o line or he isn’t mobile to begin with? Can’t have it both ways? Seems he didn’t make do with that all world Oline? Or he wouldn’t be hurt all the time?!

There is no one currently playing QB in their 3rd or 4th year that is equal or better than Tanny - and the FO jettisoned him

and people want togive up a 1-4 OA pick for Burtows or Herbert - this is asinine

Both these boys need to sit a full year neither are ready they could be good with patience (I lean Herbert)

the other QBs could be good too but I wouldn’t start one of them off the hop -

Something to add to the above post

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidg...ury-possible-long-term-outcomes/#1c5efdad6d44

Also spoke to a friend of mine a physio who deals and has assisted with many surgeons [disclaimer he had nothing to do with the treatment of the injury] and much of what he told me dove tails with the article. Obviously judgement is near impossible until all the details of the injury are released but recovery time can be 6 plus months. As the above quoted post mentions his mobility, which can be affected immensely depending on the extent of the damage incurred. Bottom line for me is I'm very reluctant to draft him.

I feel like Tua could have his right arm amputated and there would still be posters wanting to take him. We'd hear "Yes, he only has 1 arm, but with his superior pre-snap reads and ability to get the ball out quickly, he doesn't need 2 arms to be an elite quarterback".

Back
Top Bottom