A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise! | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise!

I’m really curious if he translates at the next level. I’m still not sure if his game is the pro game.

Hes not Wilson or Watson or Murray in terms of his running ability nor does he have their arm talent.

So what happens when he tries to play that game at the next level? Is he a poor man’s version or is he just as good?
I'm going to wait for all the SEC homers to say he is playing in the greatest conference...he's already playing NFL talent.
Que it, it's coming lol.

I don't think he can risk getting hurt again. He didn't take out a personal insurance plan in Alabama. He won't be able to get one now for another year. He can get one if he gets drafted for the nfl.

Okay, That certain makes sense.
Considering the way Burrow is playing it makes too much sense for the Bengals to draft him.
Which means Tua is very much in play to be our pick with the 2nd-4th pick(assuming we don't win anymore).

We need a possible franchise QB so i have no problem drafting him.
Of course the injuries and his durability are a concern and you can't help think about a Bradford situation in the NFL.

Hopefully, we're wise enough to draft TWO Qbs this year.
Tua at the top and a developmental prospect like Hurts or Love somewhere later.

I'm going to wait for all the SEC homers to say he is playing in the greatest conference...he's already playing NFL talent.
Que it, it's coming lol.

In which case the Bengals are about to get a very good Qb.

Okay, That certain makes sense.
Considering the way Burrow is playing it makes too much sense for the Bengals to draft him.
Which means Tua is very much in play to be our pick with the 2nd-4th pick(assuming we don't win anymore).

We need a possible franchise QB so i have no problem drafting him.
Of course the injuries and his durability are a concern and you can't help think about a Bradford situation in the NFL.

Hopefully, we're wise enough to draft TWO Qbs this year.
Tua at the top and a developmental prospect like Hurts or Love somewhere later.
I'd be fine going with a later rd in addition as well. I have hurts going late 1st so he'll be gone. Now love or Eason late 2nd early 3rd, with one of Tua or Herbert in the 1st. I'm down for that.
Edit: imagine Tua/Herbert, Rosen and Love next year in training camp with Fitz. Then final cut say thank you to fitz and move him to QB coach.

The latest one is, but the ankle ones weren't was what I was trying to say.
That is only true, if an ankle injury is the outlier, in an otherwise healthy carreer.

When you start looking at the big picture, it's hard to argue that he isn't at least a little frail, by NFL standards.

I don
It's definitely a concern, but if you think he could be a great NFL QB then you still have to pull the trigger and cross your fingers.
I will concede that, but the question then becomes how high of a pick makes the risk reward ratio a good idea? It's not as black and white as some would make it seem.

I'm not in favor of using a top 15 pick on a (as you put it) "cross your fingers" player.

Que it, it's coming lol.
You mean like setting the single season passing yards record against the uncompetitive SEC defenders?

That is only true, if an ankle injury is the outlier, in an otherwise healthy carreer.

When you start looking at the big picture, it's hard to argue that he isn't at least a little frail, by NFL standards.

I don
I will concede that, but the question then becomes how high of a pick makes the risk reward ratio a good idea? It's not as black and white as some would make it seem.

I'm not in favor of using a top 15 pick on a (as you put it) "cross your fingers" player.
Let me ask you this... If the Patriots traded their 1st rounder this year and their first rounder next year to move up and take him in the top 15 before our other 2 picks, how would that make you feel?

Happy that the Patriots made a huge mistake?
Or terrified that the next 15 years would look like the last 15?

I'd be fine going with a later rd in addition as well. I have hurts going late 1st so he'll be gone. Now love or Eason late 2nd early 3rd, with one of Tua or Herbert in the 1st. I'm down for that.
Edit: imagine Tua/Herbert, Rosen and Love next year in training camp with Fitz. Then final cut say thank you to fitz and move him to QB coach.

I think that's absolutely the plan with Fitz.
Btw, some would argue that many QBs in camp are wasted picks.

Ask the Patriots, that already had Brady, what they were able to fetch for Bursette and Grappollo.

The latest one is, but the ankle ones weren't was what I was trying to say.
That is only true, if an ankle injury is the outlier, in an otherwise
Let me ask you this... If the Patriots traded their 1st rounder this year and their first rounder next year to move up and take him in the top 15 before our other 2 picks, how would that make you feel?

Your premise suggests taking a player I don't believe is worth the draft spot, simply to keep him from going to a rival?

I hope that out front office is not basing their decisions on esoteric concerns such as that.

As to how I would feel? They will likely be a pain in our backside until BB retires, regardless of who the QB is. He is just that good at schemes, and game planning in ways to take advantage of his opponents weaknesses.

I'll jump in. None of these scenarios - for or against - make any since. NO NFL team is making those decisions now. Somewhere around March, when more is known about the injury, surgery, and progress, is when teams will know where Tua belongs in the draft. I suspect many teams will have Tua high, or, have him low. It won't be just one team being 'wise enough' (or reckless enough) to move up to get him. The only absolute that is in the same county as reality is to wait for more information

You mean like setting the single season passing yards record against the uncompetitive SEC defenders?
8 of the teams he lit up this year:
Texas am
Arkansas
Miss
Miss st
Utah st
Vanderbuilt
Nw st
Georgia southern

Just to put things in perspective.
Also note in the amazing SEC conference, alabama didn't beat a ranked team all year.
All I'm saying is the SEC is the greatest arguement is blah.

I think that's absolutely the plan with Fitz.
Btw, some would argue that many QBs in camp are wasted picks.

Ask the Patriots, that already had Brady, what they were able to fetch for Bursette and Grappollo.
I think 4 in camp for us is the perfect number. 2 on the 53, one to practice or (IR) Tua and fitz to coach.

I think 4 in camp for us is the perfect number. 2 on the 53, one to practice or (IR) Tua and fitz to coach.

Exactly my plan for Tua as well.
Outside of some miracle he's not playing in 2020 for my team.
He's going to IR to try and maximize his healing time.

I'm rolling with Fitz, Rosen and Hurts/Love, Tua(IR)

Exactly my plan for Tua as well.
Outside of some miracle he's not playing in 2020 for my team.
He's going to IR to try and maximize his healing time.

I'm rolling with Fitz, Rosen and Hurts/Love, Tua(IR)
There are several scenarios I'd be fine with including this one. Now if tuas injury proves unhabilitable then Herbert or Fromm in the 1st can still run Flo's offense successfully. The roll Rosen, Herbert, love on the PS and fitz to coach.

8 of the teams he lit up this year:
Texas am
Arkansas
Miss
Miss st
Utah st
Vanderbuilt
Nw st
Georgia southern

Just to put things in perspective.
Also note in the amazing SEC conference, alabama didn't beat a ranked team all year.
All I'm saying is the SEC is the greatest arguement is blah.
Other SEC QBs over time have played similar mixed bags of opponents but never threatened that record including Alabama QBs for some more perspective. Burrow is a durable version of the deal.

Back
Top Bottom