A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise! | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise!

If it’s not qb with the top pick and again I’m still struggling that they would leave their target qb to chance on being on the board later it has to be young or thomas. Has to be.

This entire thing, supposedly, has been about getting the best QB possible.
There is no way they're going to leave it to chance.
If Tua is their guy and he's projected to be a later pick because of the injury then I still say Dolphins grab him with that Top 5 pick.
There's no sense of screwing around and possibily losing out on what you think is your future franchise QB.

If young or thomas are on the board when our pick comes we will have offers to move out I guarantee it. But if it’s not qb I’m turning down the offers and taking one of those 2 players.

I think they will be considered universal top 5 grade talents.

If young or thomas are on the board when our pick comes we will have offers to move out I guarantee it. But if it’s not qb I’m turning down the offers and taking one of those 2 players.

I think they will be considered universal top 5 grade talents.

Thomas wouldn’t make much sense to me. They traded tunsil seemingly in part because they don’t believe in paying top dollar for a left tackle. So now they draft one who they hope turns into an elite player, who when his rookie contract is up is gonna seek top money which we seemingly wouldn’t pay? So we spend a top 3 pick on a player we would look to let go just as he’s hitting his prime?

Thomas wouldn’t make much sense to me. They traded tunsil seemingly in part because they don’t believe in paying top dollar for a left tackle. So now they draft one who they hope turns into an elite player, who when his rookie contract is up is gonna seek top money which we seemingly wouldn’t pay? So we spend a top 3 pick in a player we would look to let go just as he’s hitting his prime?

I agree it doesn’t make ideal sense by any means but in terms of bpa the grades there.

That’s another reason I think the odds are basically thru the roof they will turn in a qb card top pick. I don’t think money had anything to do with the tunsil trade. I think it was they identified correctly what player on their team had the most trade value and got a premium price for it. For what? For qb ammo draft asset wise if they needed it.

nothing else even really makes sense. You don’t do what we did for anything other than to get yourself in position for a qb.

hedging bets. Same thing with the rosen trade.

Does someone like Fromm fall out of the 1st round? I seriously doubt it. Additionally, I can easily see the Patriot taking the kid.
Brady is going to retire at the end of this season(strong possibility) or next season. Point being, Patriots need to plan for that and i'm shocked the didn't address that young back-up QB last year.
No sorry if that's how it sounded. Fromm goes top 20. We can take young at 4 and then make a move for Fromm with our 1b

If it’s not qb with the top pick and again I’m still struggling that they would leave their target qb to chance on being on the board later it has to be young or thomas. Has to be.
I'm on board with that too. It just depends on who's advocating for who. If you want burrow or Tua that's top 5. If Herbert 10. Fromm 20. So where does everything fall. If your a Fromm fan. And we are lucky with the draft order. Can you swing young than Fromm? I think possible.

I think I am on pretty good ground to state with all confidence that that certain coach named Bill Belichick would never touch a "damaged goods" flyer type player with any pick in the Top 20 under any circumstances whatsoever. He drafts for specific skills and needs for a specific moment which is "Right Now".

I hope flores has learned something from that.

I think Herbert or Fromm fit what the present Dolphins team leadership seem to be trying to implement. No run > pass wannabe QB, especially one with an injured hip, brings that.

Now more than ever, if ross somehow has mandated a tua-or-bust stance for the draft, it can be chalked up to being a ticket-selling- PR- political correctness strategy which NO ONE should want- and if he does it, I am DONE.

Last edited:
I think the opposite. If NE sniffs Tua in striking distance, I believe they'd move up to draft him.

I have no doubt that Saban and Bellichek will discuss Tua at length before draft day.

I think the opposite. If NE sniffs Tua in striking distance, I believe they'd move up to draft him.

I have no doubt that Saban and Bellichek will discuss Tua at length before draft day.
With any luck they won't have a first round draft pick to use to move up with.

Now more than ever, if ross somehow has mandated a tua-or-bust stance for the draft, it can be chalked up to being a ticket-selling- PR- political correctness strategy which NO ONE should want- and if he does it, I am DONE.

???? Do explain...

You guys do realize that if we win Sunday we could finish the week at pick 7. With a winnable game the following week vs cinci we could end up outside the top 10 even come xmas.

Definition of tank for nothing

I think I am on pretty good ground to state with all confidence that that certain coach named Bill Belichick would never touch a "damaged goods" flyer type player with any pick in the Top 20 under any circumstances whatsoever. He drafts for specific skills and needs for a specific moment which is "Right Now".

I hope flores has learned something from that.

I think Herbert or Fromm fit what the present Dolphins team leadership seem to be trying to implement. No run > pass wannabe QB, especially one with an injured hip, brings that.

Bye Felicia!

If he’s cleared medically he’s not sniffing anywhere near there

???? Do explain...
Old man yelling at clouds?

How-good-are-you-at-I-dont-know.jpg

Time will tell...
2018 I said 5 qbs go 1st round. I received many posts like this one about one or the other of those 5 guys.
Those 5 you refer were better then and are still better collectively than those you refer to going in the first in this draft class

Fromm is out of the first rd - that is a pure reach when he can be taken later
Hurts could get some love if he kills it in the PO
Herbert is in
burrow and Tua barring setback are in

Back
Top Bottom