A few thing I would like to clear up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few thing I would like to clear up

finzforever3000 said:
Didnt say it was everything,he definitely looks like hes hitting those holes faster than caddy though..Ronnies vision isnt bad and if hes hitting those holes faster hes more apt to break one.I think most fins fans would agree that Ronnie Brown is a better all around back..especially for Linehans system.

I agree Brown's vision isnt bad, but it's far from what Caddy's is. And most fin fans would agree b/c everyone on this site jump all over Brown's nuts, as soon as it was reports he ran a 4.32, but in all reality he ran the same as Caddy. Just out of curiosity, in your opinion why does Brown fit Linehans system so well?

phinfan2003 said:
does anyone have a Ronnie Brown film? I just watched that video on Caddy at the bottom of the sig and I didn't think Caddy was that smooth. I didn't like his East-West running style at the LOS. That's good enough to beat MSU but it won't be good enough in the NFL. I liked his burst once he turned the corner but I would like to see Brown's highlights to compare.

It was one run! I'll see if I can find some other Brown vid's, there was a site posted somewhere earlier with some.....

FLACRW said:
Any of the top 3 runningbacks in this draft would help us a ton !I'd welcome any of them with open arms

:yeahthat:

NYinBostonFin said:
I can't believe no feeley haters yet.
they have to be coming.

I don't understand it either. If you were going to intentionally design a situation to make a new QB fail, you could not design a worse set of circumstances. RW retiring, new/young O-line, revolving/feuding offensive coordinators, new RB (Gordon), new WR (Booker) and a desperate/ indecisive head coach who was afraid to allow his young QB to experience growing pains.

Name me one QB in the league who could have prospered in that system last season. Remember the Cincy game. In the 30+ years of watching NFL football, I have never seen so many miffed blocks by an O-line. Feeley was getting hit on nearly every play. Many of those hits were with D-lineman and LB's coming at him full speed and unblocked.

knight6jb said:
I agree Brown's vision isnt bad, but it's far from what Caddy's is. And most fin fans would agree b/c everyone on this site jump all over Brown's nuts, as soon as it was reports he ran a 4.32, but in all reality he ran the same as Caddy. Just out of curiosity, in your opinion why does Brown fit Linehans system so well?

I will state that I have always loved watching a power runner just run DB's flat on their backs. That is not the total reason of why I like Brown though. I like Brown because Linehan likes to run a deep passing game. With Brown he could split him out wide and use him as a reciever more also to create matchup problems. That and the fact he is a good blocker can only help also. He is very good at setting up his blocks and reading his blocks also in the running game.

Now I like Caddy for his agility and noticing cutback lanes, he also has the breakaway speed. He is not the recieving threat that Brown is though. Learning to run scrisp routes can be taught, but is not easy to do. If it was every WR/RB/TE would be doing it. Caddy would be sweet on a screen pass though.

In my mind we can't go wrong with either of them, I just like Brown a little more myself. Mainly cause I like watching RB's knock DB's on their rump.

I know you asked him, I just felt like giving my view also :)

Ark139954 said:
In my opionion i think that saban should not take a qb in the first round for a few reasons.
1. Smith or rodgers arent that amazing, i just watched highlight film on him and i wasnt that impressed. Not much better than Feely.
2. We just traded a second round pick for a qb last year.
3. Feely started showing a lot of poise and smarts during the later part of the season.
4. He was a "rookie" last year in the sense that he had only started 4 other games in his carrer and played better than Fielder. lol
5. It takes a long time to get a qb familiar with an nfl system and our defense is getting older. feely atleast knows and is aqquainted with his teammates.
6. WE DON'T NEED AN QB...WE NEED AN RB. Feely is fine and will progress a lot more.
I hope you guys can see what i mean.
You took the words right out of my mouth, excellent post.

Ark139954 said:
In my opionion i think that saban should not take a qb in the first round for a few reasons.
1. Smith or rodgers arent that amazing, i just watched highlight film on him and i wasnt that impressed. Not much better than Feely.
2. We just traded a second round pick for a qb last year.
3. Feely started showing a lot of poise and smarts during the later part of the season.
4. He was a "rookie" last year in the sense that he had only started 4 other games in his carrer and played better than Fielder. lol
5. It takes a long time to get a qb familiar with an nfl system and our defense is getting older. feely atleast knows and is aqquainted with his teammates.
6. WE DON'T NEED AN QB...WE NEED AN RB. Feely is fine and will progress a lot more.
I hope you guys can see what i mean.
I agree with #1 and #2.#3 IMO Feeley showed hes average at best.#4 he was better then Fielder but not much better.(Qb rateing of 53.7 for Feeley 53.2 for Fielder)#5 this is a new system that we are running so Feeley is starting over.Hes what 27 or 28?I would rather start over with a Qb 22 or 23 years old.#6 Feeley may not even be the starter this year.He will have to learn a hole new system.Frerotte is older but he knows the system.Saban might give Gus the nod over Feeley.So i am wondering if Frerotte is the starter how do u feel about that?Do u still feel we should draft a Rb?

Who gives a damn about a system?

I want the best player. Period. If it's a RB then it's not Ronnie Brown. The Ronnie Brown apologists throw around this system word to excuse the FACT he's not nearly as instinctive as Cadillac.

We have no idea how long Linehan will be with the Dolphins. At 125/1 odds on the future board, our focus can't be on this year but down the road. System my flat ***.

PRIMO

IF we still pick 2nd, Saban won't take a QB because no QB has the value of the 2nd pick. He said he will look at value before need. - Forget the QB

DEUZIO

Only few players have that value in the 2005 Draft and they are IMO
B. Edwards(WR), Michigan
R. Brown (RB), Auburn
C. Williams (RB), Auburn
C. Benson (RB), Texas
M. Williams (WR), USC
and
D. Johson (LB), Texas .... will be a reach at that position

TROIZIO

IF Saban ever considered not drafting a stud RB in the draft, he would have protected his bum by singnig a cheap veteran RB (like A. Thomas)

SO that's clear ... WE ARE DRAFTING A RB and it will be ......

Dolphalou said:
PRIMO

IF we still pick 2nd, Saban won't take a QB because no QB has the value of the 2nd pick. He said he will look at value before need. - Forget the QB

DEUZIO

Only few players have that value in the 2005 Draft and they are IMO
B. Edwards(WR), Michigan
R. Brown (RB), Auburn
C. Williams (RB), Auburn
C. Benson (RB), Texas
M. Williams (WR), USC
and
D. Johson (LB), Texas .... will be a reach at that position

TROIZIO

IF Saban ever considered not drafting a stud RB in the draft, he would have protected his bum by singnig a cheap veteran RB (like A. Thomas)

SO that's clear ... WE ARE DRAFTING A RB and it will be ......

Unless he feels that Lamar Gordon is serviceable then there was no need to sign Thomas.

We should definatley pass on a Qb because they arent that good this year. Period. If we are going to get one draft sumone next year, but please, saban, draft anyone but a qb. I dont even mind if its in the later round like mcpherson but dont waste the pick.

Maybe, but I still think that Saban would have protected himself anyway because Gordon was injured

Hmmm I got a question for those with undying devotion for Feeley...

How is it that Tim Rattay had a 78 rating considering he had no receivers WHATSOEVER compared to Feeley. He had just as piss poor of a running game. His OL had more injuries and was ACTUALLY worse than ours and yet he's going to almost definitely be replaced? What did Feeley do that was so much better than him other than deliver a 16 point lower passer rating??? You can't possibly tell me his supporting cast was better... The O system sucked just as bad.

See I was a big time Feeley supporter before, but I started to notice one thing. Feeley did improve a little bit by the end of the season. He was mediocre by the end of the year. The OL was playing quite a bit better. The WRs were not dropping the ball as much either. The running was moving better. Yet Feeley was still not all that impressive. So why is there undying support for him?

bongo59 said:
SAban is a D first and Run the ball down your throat guy............that is his MO and look at what he is done already............FA he is building the D he wants..........and he will draft the bruiser...........i know you guys want Brown.........but benson fits sabans MO to a T..................
linehan is a pass first kinda guy, liek he was in minn. hes bringing the same playbook this year.

Jaj said:
Hmmm I got a question for those with undying devotion for Feeley...

How is it that Tim Rattay had a 78 rating considering he had no receivers WHATSOEVER compared to Feeley. He had just as piss poor of a running game. His OL had more injuries and was ACTUALLY worse than ours and yet he's going to almost definitely be replaced? What did Feeley do that was so much better than him other than deliver a 16 point lower passer rating??? You can't possibly tell me his supporting cast was better... The O system sucked just as bad.

See I was a big time Feeley supporter before, but I started to notice one thing. Feeley did improve a little bit by the end of the season. He was mediocre by the end of the year. The OL was playing quite a bit better. The WRs were not dropping the ball as much either. The running was moving better. Yet Feeley was still not all that impressive. So why is there undying support for him?

It was setup for the QB to fail in Miami. He never had a fair shot, was second fiddle to "Jay i threw the ball 2 yards to a LB for a touchdown" all season till Wanny finally got the hint to get lost.

Face it, the coaching last year sucked. Lets give the kid a chance, we are rebuilding anyways. He could surprise us, yet he couldn't. We can draft a QB this year in the lower rounds to develope.

Wanny spent a 2nd on him, lets see if he is worth it by honestly giving him a chance. That way we know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom