A few thing I would like to clear up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few thing I would like to clear up

Ark139954

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
In my opionion i think that saban should not take a qb in the first round for a few reasons.
1. Smith or rodgers arent that amazing, i just watched highlight film on him and i wasnt that impressed. Not much better than Feely.
2. We just traded a second round pick for a qb last year.
3. Feely started showing a lot of poise and smarts during the later part of the season.
4. He was a "rookie" last year in the sense that he had only started 4 other games in his carrer and played better than Fielder. lol
5. It takes a long time to get a qb familiar with an nfl system and our defense is getting older. feely atleast knows and is aqquainted with his teammates.
6. WE DON'T NEED AN QB...WE NEED AN RB. Feely is fine and will progress a lot more.
I hope you guys can see what i mean.

SAban is a D first and Run the ball down your throat guy............that is his MO and look at what he is done already............FA he is building the D he wants..........and he will draft the bruiser...........i know you guys want Brown.........but benson fits sabans MO to a T..................

Don't be so sure theyre gunna take a RB in the 1st, I agree with everything you said and still would be estatic if we drafted Brown, but there is so much depth in the draft at RB that now the steel of the draft C4 has fallen in boards to the 3rd round because of poor rounds and everyone in FL knows this guy can play. JMO but I think we can wait to draft a RB, and don't draft a QB at #2 please, Mr. Saban. BTW this is nothing against you, youre opinion is amost identical to mine, but now I am starting to shift to waiting for a RB. Feeley will be fine, just give him a shot.

Ark139954 said:
In my opionion i think that saban should not take a qb in the first round for a few reasons.
1. Smith or rodgers arent that amazing, i just watched highlight film on him and i wasnt that impressed. Not much better than Feely.
3. Feely started showing a lot of poise and smarts during the later part of the season.
4. He was a "rookie" last year in the sense that he had only started 4 other games in his carrer and played better than Fielder. lol
5. It takes a long time to get a qb familiar with an nfl system and our defense is getting older. feely atleast knows and is aqquainted with his teammates.
6. WE DON'T NEED AN QB...WE NEED AN RB. Feely is fine and will progress a lot more.
You said everything I was just thinking...just watched the highlight film..Feely will be better why draft another qb thats gonna take 2yrs to nuture??

bongo59 said:
SAban is a D first and Run the ball down your throat guy............that is his MO and look at what he is done already............FA he is building the D he wants..........and he will draft the bruiser...........i know you guys want Brown.........but benson fits sabans MO to a T..................

It's not gonna be Saban's offense, its going to be Linehans....Caddy fits it the best imho.

Any of the top 3 runningbacks in this draft would help us a ton !I'd welcome any of them with open arms

bongo59 said:
SAban is a D first and Run the ball down your throat guy............

thats nice, except for the fact that he already said that he's letting Scott run the offense, and Linehan is not a run the ball type guy. He even told Gus that the system wasn't going to change, and that was one of the reasons he signed here

knight6jb said:
It's not gonna be Saban's offense, its going to be Linehans....Caddy fits it the best imho.
I think Ronnie Brown looks faster and hes got the size too...On the other hand both would be great.

finzforever3000 said:
I think Ronnie Brown looks faster and hes got the size too...On the other hand both would be great.

Speed and size arent everything for a RB to have, Caddy has vision (the most important factor for a RB) and agility. He also ran the same speed as Brown at the combine. Brown has 14lbs on Caddy, hands, and blocking ability, thats it in my opinion. I'll take the vision and agility to what Brown has.

Ark139954 said:

Not much better than Feeley? What games were you watching may I ask?

Saban doesn't care that we traded a 2nd, he'll do what he thinks is best.

Feeley is NOT a rookie, stop using that garbage argument. He's been in the league 4 years!

Yes, we do need a QB, as we only have backups on our team right now.

we dont however, need a franchise RB. Scott has never used one, and he has gotten fantastic results

I can't believe no feeley haters yet.
they have to be coming.

knight6jb said:
Speed and size arent everything for a RB to have, Caddy has vision (the most important factor for a RB) and agility. He also ran the same speed as Brown at the combine. Brown has 14lbs on Caddy, hands, and blocking ability, thats it in my opinion. I'll take the vision and agility to what Brown has.
Didnt say it was everything,he definitely looks like hes hitting those holes faster than caddy though..Ronnies vision isnt bad and if hes hitting those holes faster hes more apt to break one.I think most fins fans would agree that Ronnie Brown is a better all around back..especially for Linehans system.

does anyone have a Ronnie Brown film? I just watched that video on Caddy at the bottom of the sig and I didn't think Caddy was that smooth. I didn't like his East-West running style at the LOS. That's good enough to beat MSU but it won't be good enough in the NFL. I liked his burst once he turned the corner but I would like to see Brown's highlights to compare.

benson is a bruiser, hes great at runnin between the tackles and runnin over people, we need a guy who can gain yards even when our offensive line miss blocks, which could happen alot this season with our o-line

Back
Top Bottom