A few things to get straight | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few things to get straight

Don't you know the Texans were slobbering over the possibility of getting Tua and draft picks to boot for Shawn.
I'm not so sure Miami was ever so interested but if they were shame on them
There's a great article in the club with inside info on that whole thing. Basically, most of the alleged interest was driven by the Texans of Watson camp. The Dolphin's sin was not shutting it down decisively. They seemed to be keeping things open just in case.

The other something that has happened is an extremely pillow soft run in the schedule. All bottom dwellers except Baltimore who we caught on a Thursday at home after they were in an OT game the week before. Other than that, Panthers and Giants have no QB so can't score giving our bad offense opportunity after opportunity. Jets/Texans - enough said there.

Don't get me wrong I'm pleased we should soon be 7-7 after mopping up the Jets again in 2 weeks but trying to be somewhat objective here. We still struggle to score points in a big way. If the schedule had been Tampa, Green Bay, Dallas, Chiefs, along those lines rather than who we played, I'm not sure we are all signing this narrative of how improved we are.

I think it is clear that Tua has a nice skill set we can build around and it will be interesting to see where that might lead if we ever get a quality line and RB not to mention more (healthy) weapons for Tua. That said penciling him in as the "franchise" QB for decades as some are doing now is a bit premature. IMO health will be the determining factor. What's he missed, 5 or 5.5 games this year? Can't have your starter miss a 1/3rd of the season and hope to make the playoffs. Ultimately that, playoff wins and superbowls, are really the only "stats" that matter. We've only made it twice in the last 20 years and are a very long shot to do so again this year after the terrible start that was largely because Tua missed so many games.

The good news is we have a good amount of money and a pick in every round I believe coming up this off-season. We "should" be able to build an offense around Tua that can better protect him and be more of a dual threat and more explosive but time will tell. At the end of the day though I'm not getting too giddy until we are in the position Buffalo/NE are in now, several games over 500 coming down the stretch and not worried about "making" the playoffs but what you're going to do when you get there. Unless we get lucky this year, win out and somehow get in, here's to hoping next year is the year we turn the corner and all he does is win, Tua, stays healthy and leads us there next year.

All good teams feast on the weak part of the schedule. The strength of the team will be known with the remaining games

2-4 with Parker this season in 88 career games we're 38-50 with Parker playing
I'm not sure this is a better team with him playing
Vs what alternative during his career?

He’s a difference maker at times. He can make plays no other WR on the team can make. Had 2 of them yesterday.

Commit to him? We're paying him and we're starting him. What kind of commitment do you want that we aren't giving?
Meaning during the “trade for Watson” attempt. Should have never entered that game.

I agree the Dolphins are feasting on the softer spot in their schedule. Yet considering they were 1-7 and lost to the Jaguars and Falcons earlier in the season. The fact they are now winning the games they are suppose to win is definitely a huge positive for this team.

They really won’t be a legitimate playoff caliber team until they upgrade the OL and RB’s and hopefully they will be able to upgrade both those units in free agency and in the 2022 draft. Also another top WR not made out of glass with also benefit this team.
Right and we dismantled the Ravens.

1. Tua - all he does is win games. Particularly good in “must get it” situations.

2. Jason Taylor was right about Phillips from day 1. Kid is going to be a stud.

3. We are a better team when Parker plays.

4. Palardy has been crushing his punts for several weeks now. I’ve gone from hater to lover.

5. Jason Sanders must relinquish his nickname, “the colonel” until he stops missing FGs

6. Waddle-a-hee-ho!!! Sing it with me.

7. Anymore talk of X’s declining skills or “we should trade him for a 2nd rounder”? Please see psychiatrist behind door number 2.

8. Big “Mack” Hollins is fun to root for.

9. Xavien Howard has 26 picks since 2016 - most in league. I don’t care how many games he’s missed. Yawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Best CB in franchise history. Easily. End of story. Thank you.

10. Why do we have an NHL ice hockey guy coaching our o-line? Guy LaFleur would be better than this guy. Just imagine what our O could do if defenders actually got blocked a little. Help, please.

5 in a row. We have something to play for.

PS - duck Deshaun Watson and Ross and whoever else in the FO that went for this fool. We have a great in the making QB. Thank you and good night. 💤.
Damn I agree with everything you said .

Seems like a hyperbolic comment to me. How do we know how much was fabricated by the media for clicks? We have no idea how involved we even were.
I think it’s obvious we were involved. Grier said as much w the “any time a player like that is available you have to take a look” or whatever he said. I think there is little doubt we tried to swing something.

I think it’s obvious we were involved. Grier said as much w the “any time a player like that is available you have to take a look” or whatever he said. I think there is little doubt we tried to swing something.
Sure. Use the ethereal energy of “informed speculation” to have an issue. Enjoy that.

1. Tua - all he does is win games. Particularly good in “must get it” situations.

2. Jason Taylor was right about Phillips from day 1. Kid is going to be a stud.

3. We are a better team when Parker plays.

4. Palardy has been crushing his punts for several weeks now. I’ve gone from hater to lover.

5. Jason Sanders must relinquish his nickname, “the colonel” until he stops missing FGs

6. Waddle-a-hee-ho!!! Sing it with me.

7. Anymore talk of X’s declining skills or “we should trade him for a 2nd rounder”? Please see psychiatrist behind door number 2.

8. Big “Mack” Hollins is fun to root for.

9. Xavien Howard has 26 picks since 2016 - most in league. I don’t care how many games he’s missed. Yawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Best CB in franchise history. Easily. End of story. Thank you.

10. Why do we have an NHL ice hockey guy coaching our o-line? Guy LaFleur would be better than this guy. Just imagine what our O could do if defenders actually got blocked a little. Help, please.

5 in a row. We have something to play for.

PS - duck Deshaun Watson and Ross and whoever else in the FO that went for this fool. We have a great in the making QB. Thank you and good night. 💤.
YAWNNNNNNNNNNN, LOL
Same, but Pat Surtain, Troy Vincent and Xavien Howard are the three best corners I've seen since I started watching the team in 1981.
YES, BUT the game was totally different in 1981 then what it is now

Vs what alternative during his career?

He’s a difference maker at times. He can make plays no other WR on the team can make. Had 2 of them yesterday.
yeah, too bad is hamstring is shredded:(

There's a great article in the club with inside info on that whole thing. Basically, most of the alleged interest was driven by the Texans of Watson camp. The Dolphin's sin was not shutting it down decisively. They seemed to be keeping things open just in case.
I believe this 100% but it's a crime not to shut it down I see no benefit to the organization or the fans

Back
Top Bottom