A few things to get straight | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few things to get straight

Like, why didn’t we just commit to Tua and not have the distraction circus??? The kid can clearly play. Great release. Accuracy. Winner intangibles. Watson has yet to show the latter. I don’t mean to turn this into a Tua thread but our FO is looking really stupid right now.
Nailed it

The good news is we have a good amount of money and a pick in every round I believe coming up this off-season. We "should" be able to build an offense around Tua that can better protect him and be more of a dual threat and more explosive but time will tell. At the end of the day though I'm not getting too giddy until we are in the position Buffalo/NE are in now, several games over 500 coming down the stretch and not worried about "making" the playoffs but what you're going to do when you get there. Unless we get lucky this year, win out and somehow get in, here's to hoping next year is the year we turn the corner and all he does is win, Tua, stays healthy and leads us there next year.
Grier and Flores were in a position to give Tua an o-line and running game prior to this season but failed to do so. They ignored the RB position and everything they did to improve the o-line actually made it worse! Yes, they did alright on the defensive side of the ball, but those two are completely inept when it comes to the offense. They didn't do anything to improve the offense this year; they have 3 or 4 guys playing well, but they have possibly the worst o-line, the lowest-ranked running game, and they're scoring fewer points per game than they did last year. Miami should be in the position that Buffalo and New England are in RIGHT NOW, not hoping to do that next year! Actually, the Pats and Bills should be chasing Miami this year!

Grier and Flores were in a position to give Tua an o-line and running game prior to this season but failed to do so. They ignored the RB position and everything they did to improve the o-line actually made it worse! Yes, they did alright on the defensive side of the ball, but those two are completely inept when it comes to the offense. They didn't do anything to improve the offense this year; they have 3 or 4 guys playing well, but they have possibly the worst o-line, the lowest-ranked running game, and they're scoring fewer points per game than they did last year. Miami should be in the position that Buffalo and New England are in RIGHT NOW, not hoping to do that next year! Actually, the Pats and Bills should be chasing Miami this year!
Well Waddle.

1. Tua - all he does is win games. Particularly good in “must get it” situations.

2. Jason Taylor was right about Phillips from day 1. Kid is going to be a stud.

3. We are a better team when Parker plays.

4. Palardy has been crushing his punts for several weeks now. I’ve gone from hater to lover.

5. Jason Sanders must relinquish his nickname, “the colonel” until he stops missing FGs

6. Waddle-a-hee-ho!!! Sing it with me.

7. Anymore talk of X’s declining skills or “we should trade him for a 2nd rounder”? Please see psychiatrist behind door number 2.

8. Big “Mack” Hollins is fun to root for.

9. Xavien Howard has 26 picks since 2016 - most in league. I don’t care how many games he’s missed. Yawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Best CB in franchise history. Easily. End of story. Thank you.

10. Why do we have an NHL ice hockey guy coaching our o-line? Guy LaFleur would be better than this guy. Just imagine what our O could do if defenders actually got blocked a little. Help, please.

5 in a row. We have something to play for.

PS - duck Deshaun Watson and Ross and whoever else in the FO that went for this fool. We have a great in the making QB. Thank you and good night. 💤.
Such a great post man (especially the bold part) Its nice to be still in the mix for a playoff spot in December. I'm going to enjoy our bye week and relax. Then its on to Miami hopefully sweeping the worthless POS Jets.

im intrigued to see how Tua does with a better OL in front of him.

Lets just hope his hip lasts.

When that offensive line continuously regresses, that's on the coach. Not the GM. Be smart about this.

When that offensive line continuously regresses, that's on the coach. Not the GM. Be smart about this.
Okay, but getting rid of the veteran o-linemen in favor of playing inexperienced young guys was a huge mistake by Grier/Flores. I can see replacing them with better veterans, but removing all experience (Davis sucks, so he doesn't count!) and going with mostly all youth wasn't very smart; especially with an inexperienced o-line coach! Those young guys that you say regressed; that means they played better last year... when they were next to a veteran! Grier and/or Flores are responsible for removing those veterans from the starting line-up, and since veterans can be on-field coaches for young players, Grier and Flores must share some of the blame for that regression.

Okay, but getting rid of the veteran o-linemen in favor of playing inexperienced young guys was a huge mistake by Grier/Flores. I can see replacing them with better veterans, but removing all experience (Davis sucks, so he doesn't count!) and going with mostly all youth wasn't very smart; especially with an inexperienced o-line coach! Those young guys that you say regressed; that means they played better last year... when they were next to a veteran! Grier and/or Flores are responsible for removing those veterans from the starting line-up, and since veterans can be on-field coaches for young players, Grier and Flores must share some of the blame for that regression.
I think just as bad was the musical position chairs played by the coaches until like week 7. That didn’t help anyone except opposing. defenses who took advantage of all of the miscommunication and poor technique due to guys being out of position every week. I hope we’ve learned from this and simply play they guys at 1 spot, let them develop and supplement with a couple of stud FA OL for next year.

Back
Top Bottom