A first time Mock Draft ... what do you think? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A first time Mock Draft ... what do you think?

Omaha_Dolfan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Trade #2 to Minnesota for #7 and #18

Surtain to KC for #46

First Round
#7 Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas
#18 Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma
Second Round
#46 Josh Bullocks, S, Nebraska
Third Round
#70 C.J. Mosley, DT, Missouri
Fourth Round
#104 Andrew Walter, QB, Arizona St
Fifth Round
#138 Maurice Clarett, RB, Ohio St
Seventh Round
#216 Erik Pears, OT, Colorado St

edit: I know the value chart on the trade to Minny says we are getting screwed but with the players who should be available at their picks I dont think it is as bad as it seems.

DallasDolfan said:
Need a RB in there other than Clarrett

Call me optomistic but I think with Gordon and Morris Clarrett will work in Linehans system as a RB by Committee that is if Ricky doesnt come back.

Omaha_Dolfan said:

Surtain to KC for #46

First Round
Second Round
Third Round
Fourth Round
Fifth Round
Seventh Round

edit: I know the value chart on the trade to Minny says we are getting screwed but with the players who should be available at their picks I dont think it is as bad as it seems.

Not bad... Minnesota isn't getting screwed of draft value. They're getting the better end of the deal in fact.

I could live with DJ at 7, but IMO Spears would be the better pick (as he is ranked on my draft board and a Saban player).

I would go Fason with the 3rd round pick, or Ronnie Fielder > Mosely (Saban has scouted Fields a bunch since the start).

Walters? Not thanks, he's a bum who never got it done in college. If you like 50% completion then by all means he's the guy in the 4th.

I'd rather see a RB with the #7 pick, Benson or Williams whichever's left, but other than that I like it.

Im not a big fan of Walters either but he seems to have the tools to be decent if not good. Figured it is between Fiedler and Gus this year so a year or two later he might be something.

edit:
Gus Frerotte

Omaha_Dolfan said:
Im not a big fan of Walters either but he seems to have the tools to be decent if not good. Figured it is between Fiedler and Gus this year so a year or two later he might be something.

Did Gus get sent over to the Jets too?..

I would go Caddy with pick #7. Is there any chance Thomas Davis is there at #18? If so that is my pick. Also at 18 I wouldnt mind Demarcus Ware (DE/OLB) Then maybe WR in the second. Chris Henry is my choice.

i like the idea of drafting someone called Mark Clayton. i wasn't around to watch the first one so it would be awesome

great Mock draft, the only thing I would change is drafting a RB like Mclendon or Barber III in the 3rd round. I don't trust Clarret, he's a headcase

beejay05 said:
I would go Caddy with pick #7. Is there any chance Thomas Davis is there at #18? If so that is my pick. Also at 18 I wouldnt mind Demarcus Ware (DE/OLB) Then maybe WR in the second. Chris Henry is my choice.

Thomas Davis is most likely going to be picked by the saints at #16. And I think Chris Henry may last into the third round, like around 70 something.

Omaha_Dolfan said:

Surtain to KC for #46

First Round
Second Round
Third Round
Fourth Round
Fifth Round
Seventh Round

I would be extremely disappointed with that draft. At #7 Caddy, Benson, Mike Williams, Troy Williamson, and Antrell Rolle would be better selections. I like Clayton, but he's only going to be a good #2 WR and we already have that in Chambers and Booker. Walter is inaccurate and poor accuracy in college is usually an indicator that they won't be a very good pro. Clarett will probably be around in the 7th round.

General Tso said:
I would be extremely disappointed with that draft. At #7 Caddy, Benson, Mike Williams, Troy Williamson, and Antrell Rolle would be better selections. I like Clayton, but he's only going to be a good #2 WR and we already have that in Chambers and Booker. Walter is inaccurate and poor accuracy in college is usually an indicator that they won't be a very good pro. Clarett will probably be around in the 7th round.

I think Clayton's gonna be a good #1 reciever, and we could also probably get williamson at #18 so he wouldnt be a very good selection at #7.

DJ is not worth a top 10 pick. I'll pass on Clarett.

JTaylor99 said:
I think Clayton's gonna be a good #1 reciever, and we could also probably get williamson at #18 so he wouldnt be a very good selection at #7.

I don't think Williamson will last that long. Minnesota and Washington are strong top ten possibilities for him. After that Dallas, San Diego, Carolina, and Kansas City would all consider him.

Back
Top Bottom