A Foundation... Mock #2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Foundation... Mock #2

CJGoCanes

Starter
Reaction score
Well, this is my second try at a Dolphins only mock draft. The picks fall in line with the new staff's wants (size, production, etc.) and the team's needs. The best option is to trade down, from multiple spots, to get as many picks as possible. The #1 pick will be too hard to trade, but the 1st pick in each of the following rounds will definitely be talked about because of people slipping. Especially the 2nd round (someone slips from the 1st round) and the 3rd (the 1st pick of the 2nd day, a lot of time for people to talk). Well here it goes...

1- Jake Long- OT- Michigan
He's been my #1 pick from the get go. When you're stuck giving that much money to a rookie, you better make sure he's worth it. No franchise QB's, and no Lawrence Taylor freaks, so you go with a book-end tackle. A lot of people is questioning his LT abilities, but I believe he'll be a great tackle. Combine that with the fact he's an amazing run blocker and the direction of the offense, he's the only pick. Worst case scenario is he's a Pro Bowl RT. Rather take that chance than a Alex Smith type QB or a run-stuffing OLB (C Long).

2- Quentin Groves- OLB- Auburn
The most intriguing pick because there's going to be a lot of quality picks here. If Dan Connor is here you have to take a long look at him. But Groves has good size and speed, and tops off his physical attributes with production. Auburn's all-time sack leader, up there with the SEC leaders, he could be a great pass rush OLB. And you can never have enough pass rushers.

2- Andre Woodson- QB- Kentucky
Competition breeds excellence. If Antoine Cason is still around, unlikely, I would look at him. Or Early Doucet. But a good team needs a good QB. And Woodson will be a good QB.

3- Jonathan Goff- ILB- Vanderbilt
Big, fast, and productive. What else could you want

4- Antwaun Molden- CB- Eastern Kentucky
He's on the rise and has good size and speed. Probably overshadowed by DRC, but he could be a good one

6- Shawn Murphy- OG- Utah State
Good size and he's been in contact with the Dolphins

7- BPA
Tony Temple- RB- Mizzou
There's so many options, but why not complete our RB group. A late-entry, he's built and fast

UDFA:
A.J. Raebel- ILB- Wisconsin-Whitewater
Adam Bishop- TE- Nevada
Drew Atchinson- TE- W&M
Dowayne Davis- SS- Syracuse (Syracuse connection)
Nate Robinson- DT- Akron (Got into trouble but worth it)

Well, this is my second try at a Dolphins only mock draft. The picks fall in line with the new staff's wants (size, production, etc.) and the team's needs. The best option is to trade down, from multiple spots, to get as many picks as possible. The #1 pick will be too hard to trade, but the 1st pick in each of the following rounds will definitely be talked about because of people slipping. Especially the 2nd round (someone slips from the 1st round) and the 3rd (the 1st pick of the 2nd day, a lot of time for people to talk). Well here it goes...

1- Jake Long- OT- Michigan
He's been my #1 pick from the get go. When you're stuck giving that much money to a rookie, you better make sure he's worth it. No franchise QB's, and no Lawrence Taylor freaks, so you go with a book-end tackle. A lot of people is questioning his LT abilities, but I believe he'll be a great tackle. Combine that with the fact he's an amazing run blocker and the direction of the offense, he's the only pick. Worst case scenario is he's a Pro Bowl RT. Rather take that chance than a Alex Smith type QB or a run-stuffing OLB (C Long).

2- Quentin Groves- OLB- Auburn
The most intriguing pick because there's going to be a lot of quality picks here. If Dan Connor is here you have to take a long look at him. But Groves has good size and speed, and tops off his physical attributes with production. Auburn's all-time sack leader, up there with the SEC leaders, he could be a great pass rush OLB. And you can never have enough pass rushers.

2- Andre Woodson- QB- Kentucky
Competition breeds excellence. If Antoine Cason is still around, unlikely, I would look at him. Or Early Doucet. But a good team needs a good QB. And Woodson will be a good QB.

3- Jonathan Goff- ILB- Vanderbilt
Big, fast, and productive. What else could you want

4- Antwaun Molden- CB- Eastern Kentucky
He's on the rise and has good size and speed. Probably overshadowed by DRC, but he could be a good one

6- Shawn Murphy- OG- Utah State
Good size and he's been in contact with the Dolphins

7- BPA
Tony Temple- RB- Mizzou
There's so many options, but why not complete our RB group. A late-entry, he's built and fast

UDFA:
A.J. Raebel- ILB- Wisconsin-Whitewater
Adam Bishop- TE- Nevada
Drew Atchinson- TE- W&M
Dowayne Davis- SS- Syracuse (Syracuse connection)
Nate Robinson- DT- Akron (Got into trouble but worth it)

Not bad! I would like to address our second lineman a little earlier. In a perfect world I would want to garner 2 starting lieman in the draft.

Nice Draft !
but i honestly think the pick is gonna be Chris Long... and well get a OT with that 32 pick...
but im happy with Chris or Jake! Just dont get Ryan ! ok Adam let me hear it haha:up:

aside from Woodson (who seems to have fallen out of a day 1 grade) it's a very good mock. Maybe throw in a 3-4 DE (so a DT) or a S where you have us taking Woodson. Otherwise it is hard to complain about.

I like the mock instead of the Woodson pick also. I was very high on him early in the season but he played his way out of that spot fast.

I would expect we take Chris Long...also, an UDFA to look at would be Tim Hightower, RB from University of Richmond. The kid had a great senior year, can contribute on special teams and is a good charcter guy.

Yeah Woodson isn't a 2nd rounder....maybe 3rd ? The rest of the picks I like.

Yeah Woodson was the hardest pick, but I liked him throughout the college season and thought there would be a run on 2nd round QB's

Pretty good. You definatly addressed a lot of needs in this draft would have liked to see if theres any better Db options maybe pick one up at 2b and wait and select Booty but jmo

Back
Top Bottom