A Frustrated Fans Thoughts! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Frustrated Fans Thoughts!

84needs1000yds

Defense Assistant
Reaction score
First off I don't understand why you want Cleo to play... Yes Harrington isn't doing the Fins any good but Cleo is not going to be our answer at QB next year.
Everybody needs to stop throwin Saban under the bus, the guy is a good coach, I do not see how people can compare him to Dave Wanny. Our problem is that our team doesn't play consistent or well every week and we do not need that many FA or draft picks as many of you feel.
On Offense we have a decent OL now, a good RB, excellent recievers and a good TE. Culpepper is out injured we don't know how he will do next year, but the truth is that there is no way we will get any QB better than him next year. The best we can do is draft an under study that will be a project next year.
On Defense we have an outstanding DL with a lot of young talent coming up, we have great young safties, and good young corners in W. Allen, T. Danielles, Goodman, and J. Allen. Linebackers can be a problem cause we do not have any after Zach and Channing.
Those are just my thoughts people need to stop jumping off bridges and just realize if we have Field General like Peps next year and we play better we will will games.

84needs1000yds said:
First off I don't understand why you want Cleo to play... Yes Harrington isn't doing the Fins any good but Cleo is not going to be our answer at QB next year.
Everybody needs to stop throwin Saban under the bus, the guy is a good coach, I do not see how people can compare him to Dave Wanny. Our problem is that our team doesn't play consistent or well every week and we do not need that many FA or draft picks as many of you feel.
On Offense we have a decent OL now, a good RB, excellent recievers and a good TE. Culpepper is out injured we don't know how he will do next year, but the truth is that there is no way we will get any QB better than him next year. The best we can do is draft an under study that will be a project next year.
On Defense we have an outstanding DL with a lot of young talent coming up, we have great young safties, and good young corners in W. Allen, T. Danielles, Goodman, and J. Allen. Linebackers can be a problem cause we do not have any after Zach and Channing.
Those are just my thoughts people need to stop jumping off bridges and just realize if we have Field General like Peps next year and we play better we will will games.
I agree with most of your points. The exception is that we do not have excellent receivers. We have good receivers and a TE that is good at best. Far from excellent. Our secondary needs help.

84needs1000yds said:

Excellent receivers? :lol: What team have you been watching? I cringe everytime they get a pass thrown their way. I've come to expect them to drop the pass, trip, or whatever.

muscle979 said:
Excellent receivers? :lol: What team have you been watching? I cringe everytime they get a pass thrown their way. I've come to expect them to drop the pass, trip, or whatever.

Or just not even get open

84needs1000yds said:

First of all, we don't know if Cleo could be the answer. Joey would make a decent backup qb (ala Jay Feidler) but I don't think he has the pocket presence to be a good starting qb and get the ball downfield.

Our receivers don't help our qb out at all. I am just wondering if it is the playcalling more than the skill level. Both Marty and Chris have performed at high levels before so I am going to give them a little bit of slack this year.

Randy McMichael is one of the worst te s in the league. His catching percentage is about the same as Mares kicking percentage.

I do agree that our Oline has improved and I think we have some decent pieces in place for next year.

I am seriously concern for our cornerback position. T Daniels hasn't shown anything at all this year and Goodman can't react to the ball. W. Allen has done an admirable job. I know Y Bell got beat on the one play last game but other than that he has done a great job. R. Hill is ok, most of the time he is like Donnie Spragan, you don't know he is there. We could use a fast olb and a shut down corner. Our old guys on the line have stepped it up big time.

I think that with replacing our OC and finding a qb is primary goal for this offense. Is DC the qb for next year?

A cornerback, free safety and OLB should help our d.

Playoff bound? It's been a long time since I watched football in January.

We haven't made the playoffs since 2001 and we're in some pretty rank company. With the exception of Jason & Zack, no coach or player is immune to a change of scenery.

84needs1000yds said:

is this serious?

our recievers are excellent, a good tite end and decent oline?

would you like to retract those thoughts?

ok my observations...

recievers are average to below average at best.

tite end has flashes of average ability.

oline is "same as it ever was" (stolen from talking heads)

As far as out offensive line, I would say were poor early in the season. Now I would rate them as average or slightly below average, not nearly as good as they need to be. If we can improve a few positions on the offensive line, so we can run block more consistently against good defenses and figure out who the answer is at QB, I think those are the keys to improving our offense.

Our receivers are mediocre at best, and what purpose does starting Joey serve? Wanna get blanked out by Jets and Colts? Why NOT start Lemon and find out what he's made of, and whether he should continue as a Fin?

IMHO starting Lemon gives us the best chance of beating the Jets AND helps us (Saban) decide whether Lemon is a keeper or not.

84needs1000yds said:

I would almost agree to everything... I would add that Mare should get an extension and a pay raise. I think we should trade ANOTHER 2nd round pick to Philly for A.J. Feeley. Jamar Fletcher needs to be a Dolphin. John Avery = Best 1st Round pick ever. Dan Marino should be removed from the Ring of Honor. Miami should release Jason Taylor. Nick Saban should be demoted to Defensive Coordinator and Rich Kotite should be Head Coach and Miami should sign Ki-Jana Carter as our 3rd down back....

ok, Now that everyone probably realizes I was being overly sarcastic -- I would like ANYONE to tell me what team he has been watching???

#1.Why play Cleo? To see what he can do. We know what Joey can do and frankly, I am not too impressed!

#2. Excellent Wide Receivers? Let's not allow mediocrity to sway our vision. Chambers is possibly a #2 receiver. Booker is the most talented but lacks speed. Wes Welker plays the hardest but lacks size. Hagan has size and speed, lacks hands. Chambers has the most of what you need, lacks concentration. That means our WRs are far less than "EXCELLENT". T.O. is a #1 guy, Steve Smith is a #1 guy, Chad Johnson is a #1 guy -- Why do they all get open and Chambers cant. Lee Evans > anyone (WR) on our roster!!!

#3. Good TE??? WHERE? If you mean Randy McMichael then let me explain something... HE EFF'N DROPS EVERYTHING, OPENS HIS MOUTH AND BEATS ON HIS WIFE!

I don't think Miami is as far away from contending as most do, but lt's not get carried away with our team. Like Dan Lebatard said this past week -- How many rosters (complete rosters) would you NOT trade Miami's for right now... The callers could only come up with a couple... Detroit, Tampa, Oakland, Cleveland... Yet like I said, we aren't that far away. A healthy Culpepper brings us much closer!!!

Cleo aint starting. We've already establsihed that. So stop saying he should or shouldn't because he isn't. Saban has amde that clear. So let's root for Joey, hopefully he wont let us all down on Christmas and I am sure Nick will pull hima nd put in Cleo if he starts sucking.

It's probably best that Cleo does not play. After all, it took Joey about 4 games to begin looking like a QB. With only 2 games remaining, Cleo would not have time to get adjusted to the speed of the game. Let Harrington go out on a high note. After all, he's Saban's guy.

Raging Bull said:
Cleo aint starting. We've already establsihed that. So stop saying he should or shouldn't because he isn't. Saban has amde that clear. So let's root for Joey, hopefully he wont let us all down on Christmas and I am sure Nick will pull hima nd put in Cleo if he starts sucking.

Well if you say so, then I guess FACT it has to be... Thanks

Chambers is at best a number 2 receiver, on another team....any team....but the Dolphins.

McMichael seems to have gotten hands of stone disease.

If not for Welker....the Dolphins wouldn't have 6 wins.

Saban isn't a great coach....he's an average coach....the wins/loses show that.....and his secondary also shows that he's not a great secondary coach as some believe....let us not forget....that LSU lost it's last Saban game...because of their secondary's lack of coverage...how do let a long pass play at the end of the game beat you?

Let me also remind you that the 49ers....have completely changed their team...have become younger....have a young QB....and have as many wins as the Dolphins have.

The Dolphins again....have way too many problems...and age against it....so here we go again...with another three year plan.

Chambers and McMike are our worst receivers (I know McMike is a TE).
Booker and Welker are our best receivers.
Why do I say that? 1 word... consistency.

It is better to have players that perform consistently than player who are intermittently steller but sometimes can't make the easy plays. You can game plan around consistent players. You can have that "can't miss" 4 yd pass play you pull out when the game is on the line and you have to have it.

NE has not had any real "all-star" type receivers in recent years, but they always have a crop of guys that will catch a "catchable" pass 80% of the time. And since they have a QB that can make a good decision and a good pass 80% of the time, Belichick knows that if he calls the right plays he has a pretty good chance of getting the result he wants.

The Dolphins lack consistency in receivers, QB, O-line, and secondary, with the biggest factor in the offensive performance being the receiving corps and QB play, by far.

For all of Chambers' potential talent, he can't be counted on to make the critical catch. Not the acrobatic, difficult, tightrope catch... just the important one to convert a critical third down, or make a two point conversion. McMike it worse. And I am only holding them accountable for the catchable balls, not the poor QB play that ruins a 3rd down conversion.

If Marcus Vick was catching everything thrown his way in preseason, why don't they have him in there? Hagan is obviously not the answer. He drops as many as the other guys.

If I were Saban, I would find some guys who can catch the damn ball. Speed alone is worth nothing is the opposing D is not worried about you making the play. Speed and reliability make for a number 1 reciever, and Chambers is not that guy.

Next, I would settle the position at QB. Harrington is not consistent. He makes too many goofy decisions. I like him, and he might mature over time, but right now I wouldn't even want him for the number 2 guy because of his inconsistency (and this is not only during times he is pressing because they are behind, sometimes I just look at a play and wonder what the hell he is thinking). I would start to assess Lemon, and see where DC ends up in the offseason rehab, but I would start looking around for a third guy to develop.

And if you are going to go with DC at QB, you better put a Pro-bowl lineman in front of him. Everyone talks about LT, and yes I agree it is vital, but really good center or guard can help anchor the whole line and give DC some time. I would spend some money on one of these positions in free agency this year, and maybe spend a high draft pick on a left tackle.

As for Mularkey... I don't think he is the biggest problem with the play calling. I think it is Saban. Mularkey may be calling too many trick plays, or abandoning the run, or not taking enough shots downfield, but it is SABAN who allows it! I am sick and tired of hearing Saban talk about what they didn't do right after the game, when he should be the guy to make the changes to thise things DURING the game. HE is the guy! HE is supposed to tell Mularkey what to do, yes or no, this isn't working so change it up. He shouldn't get to the end of the game and say, "we weren't aggressive enough on offense", or "we should have taken more shots downfield". If Saban does not have the confidence in himself to direct the team - the WHOLE team, during a game, then he is not the right guy for the job.

IMO
:tantrum:

Back
Top Bottom