A Great Argument for drafting TE Pitts at #3 overall | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your choice @ #6 if not Pitts?

• Total voters
I would be in the Pitts camp but the concussions concern me so I rank him no better than Smith, Waddle. I give Chase the edge becsuse of his size plus I think he is more likely to be drafted above the rest because of his size which Miami prefers. A darkhorse might be Bateman based on his pro day. We have a ton of depth at WR and now with Fuller in the fold that makes Sewell or Slater in play to protect Tua if Parsons as our linebacker corp is fairly thin if you consider Van Noy, Roberts, G Hill and Larson are all gone. 3 starters from last year and I do not see a healthy replacement currently on the roster. If you can put 3 QB in the top 10, 4 recievers / TE , 2 Oline, 1 LB and probably Surtain at CB and a DE we can stay in the top 12 and mathmatically grab one of the wudeouts are a missing piece and still be in great shape. Actually a WR / RB combo would not surprise me with a lb/ DE with our first a more beef up front with our 1 b pick.

He just ran a 4.46 at his pro day

also, it had been discussed for hundreds of pages. Don’t think any of us would be mad with Pitts

That wasn't his Pro Day but if it's accurate, it's impressive and it is pause for thought but if someone like Carolina offers the moon to get to #3 it's hard to pass up that amount of draft capital too.

So if you could pick Travis Kelce at #3, you wouldn't do it?
I think that still depends on how good you think the other three top consensus receivers are. At a certain point, the offer to trade-down outweighs the one player. Also, despite how great he looks, you don't truly know he'll become Travis Kelce.

Vernon Davis ran an unreal 4.38 at his combine and had great athletic traits and then had maybe 4 good years (not in a row either) in the NFL?

If you think Waddle, Smith and Chase are all stars in waiting, then taking the draft capital in a trade-down might still be the best option even if you think Pitts is going to be special.

I won't be surprised if Smith falls out of the top 10 to be honest. I think his frame will be an issue for NFL teams picking that high. Then I go back and watch that first half of the Title game and it's like, wow. lol.
If he wasn't getting hurt consistently in college with that frame in the SEC, I have no reason to believe he'll start getting hurt in the NFL.

Sometimes people overthink the injury angle. Nobody talked about durability issues with Burrow last year, but he's the one that went down for the year. Sometimes it's just bad luck.

For those of you knocking him because he's a "TE"... He can line up as a threat at WR as well. He can line up Tight, Wide, and in the Slot and is a nightmare for defenses to cover.

He is the best receiver in the draft and he is also the only player that can line up anywhere and beat you.

There is no TE in this draft worthy of the #3 pick. If you want Pitts trade back and then take him later.

He won't be there and he is so much more than an TE, I've been trying to tell you all this, all off season, eventually it's sinking in :p Pitts is the #1 talent on my board this year, using pick #3 on him should be a no brainer in all honesty.

Back
Top Bottom