A Great Argument for drafting TE Pitts at #3 overall | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your choice @ #6 if not Pitts?

• Total voters
I have read all the arguments for why the Dolphins should draft Pitts instead of one of the top three WR’s. While I won’t disagree with all those who think Pitts is the best receiver in the draft. I just wonder if he as great as many project him to be, why wouldn’t the Falcons or Bengals select him before the Dolphins
have the opportunity ?

If the Falcons stay at 4 and decide not to select a QB, Pitts would certainly be a major addition to an already potent offense.

The Bengals are not in need of WR’s and they appear to be leaning toward selecting an offensive lineman at 5 but maybe seeing Pitts still on the board would tempt them to draft him instead while waiting until the 2nd round to draft an offensive lineman.

The more I read about what a great player Pitts is, the less I think he will still be on the board when the Dolphins draft at 6. I hope he is so the Dolphins have the option to draft him but I will be surprised if the Falcons or Bengals don’t draft him first.
Because teams often F things up and out smart themselves? If GM's were right even half the time they'd be in the HOF.

“They did a great job of moving around and I think what they want to do is to provide Tua with weapons," Nagy said. "What they’ve done is position themselves for the best pass catcher in this year’s draft, whether it be Kyle Pitts or the receivers, the Alabama duo Jaylen Waddle and DeVonta Smith, Ja’Marr Chase from LSU. And I think the pick is going to be Pitts. You can make the case, a strong argument, Kyle Pitts is the best receiver in this draft.

"Let’s not forget, head coach Brian Flores, during his time with the Patriots, they had a lot of success with dynamic, two tight end offenses. So pairing Pitts with Mike Gesicki down the field, gotta be attractive to them. It’s a really, really deep receiver class. They can go find starters into the third round this year but the tight end position has the biggest shelf of any position in terms of where Pitts is to the next best tight end. So I think they would take Pitts here at 6 and follow back later and add that wide receiver.”
Pitts then snag rondale moore or dwayne eskridge for the slot

"Kyle Pitts said he spoke with Dolphins coach Brian Flores today at Florida’s pro day. Pitts said Flores plans to continue conversations with him."

Pitts came into Pro Day 245 and still ran a 4.44 40 yard dash All other reps were also impressive.

It would be a waste if they let Gesicki go the following year in Free Agency. It would be a great pick using Gesicki and Pitts together with Fuller and Parker and Javonte Williams coming out of the backfield.

What would Mike G cost...10 mil per year? I think that could work depending on stats this year

Id draft him as the second best wideout in the draft after Chase, but the problem is he is 6-6. There aren't successful receivers at that height. There is risk. Perhaps Waller, but it took him a few year to get up to speed, and he was drafted in the sixth round. And this also highlights the problem with wide receivers in this class, they are not good.

84 Pittster.jpeg
Wow. The newest Mock has a rush for QB's early in the draft and then the Bengals drafting WR Chase. I'd love to see us Draft Pitts at 6 and then land Parsons at 18. Amazing possibilities! We could go Edge at 36 and then RB at 50, Center in Round 3.

Something like this:
6. Pitts (WR/TE) Florida
18. Parsons (LB) (Penn State)
36. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (LB/SS) (Notre Dame) Or Best Edge
50. J. Williams (RB) North Carolina
81. Meinerz (C) UW-Whitewater
156. Felton (RB/KR) UCLA

So if we draft Pitts we have him at TE, and Gesicki in the slot. Then we basically have two slot receivers because neither can block.

View attachment 73200
Wow. The newest Mock has a rush for QB's early in the draft and then the Bengals drafting WR Chase. I'd love to see us Draft Pitts at 6 and then land Parsons at 18. Amazing possibilities! We could go Edge at 36 and then RB at 50, Center in Round 3.

Something like this:
6. Pitts (WR/TE) Florida
18. Parsons (LB) (Penn State)
36. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (LB/SS) (Notre Dame) Or Best Edge
50. J. Williams (RB) North Carolina
81. Meinerz (C) UW-Whitewater
156. Felton (RB/KR) UCLA
I think it is very unlikely that Williams will make it to 50.

Back
Top Bottom