A Great Argument for drafting TE Pitts at #3 overall | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your choice @ #6 if not Pitts?

• Total voters
If dude runs 4.46 at 6'6" 250# and separates like a 6'2" WR, who says he's got to be a TE? I mean he might not be the most valuable prospect in this draft, but he sure as hell is the most special/rare specimen.

I won't be surprised if Smith falls out of the top 10 to be honest. I think his frame will be an issue for NFL teams picking that high. Then I go back and watch that first half of the Title game and it's like, wow. lol.

Smith's not doing anything at his pro day other than being weighed and measured. That's a red flag to me. Why ?? Have you been eating candy non stop for the last month to get your weight up, knowing that you are in no condition to put up a 40 time ? I hope we don't go Smith at 3 or in a small trade down.

Last edited:
There's no TE ever that's worth a #3 pick. If they were actually a Calvin Johnson freak they wouldn't be playing TE in the first place.
UF was stacked at WR, and he has a TE build. He could play WR if u really wanted him to. All I know is he was putting up over 100 ypg in the SEC at 20 yrs old. How many TE's can do that?

People are bringing up that Vernon Davis was a freak too.

Pitts averaged 103 ypg and had 12 TD's in 7.5 games (sat out the 2nd half of the Georgia game).

Davis averaged 79 yards and had 6 TD's in 11 games for Maryland playing in the ACC.

You can label Pitts whatever u want. I just call him a weapon. He was a the first "TE" to ever be a finalist for the Biletnikoff despite missing so many games.

The fact that you can get that level of production from your TE should be a positive, not a negative.

Last edited:
UF was stacked at WR, and he has a TE build. He could play WR if u really wanted him to. All I know is he was putting up over 100 ypg in the SEC at 20 yrs old. How many TE's can do that?

People are bringing up that Vernon Davis was a freak too.

Pitts averaged 103 ypg and had 12 TD's in 7.5 games (sat out the 2nd half of the Georgia game).

Davis averaged 79 yards and had 6 TD's in 11 games for Maryland playing in the ACC.

You can label Pitts whatever u want. I just call him a weapon. The fact that you can get that level of production from your TE should be a positive, not a negative.
He's the real deal.

it will be interesting to see what the FO plans for WR now that Fuller has been signed. They still need a potential pro bowl type WR.
WRs are far more important than TEs. No matter how good fans think Pitts can be, this team needs an elite WR and there are 3 available.
I think they will trade back and target Waddle.
Some may think Chase is better but he sat out because he knew his team would stink and I think Flores will consider that.
Waddle is homerun threat and at one point last year many scouts said he will be better than Ruggs, Jeudy or Smith.

Bet Herbert hopes he has him. I think for someone that moves the chains, racks up catches and YAC, time of possession, always has to be covered, catches everything, red zone threat, fast, there is a lot of bang for your buck in Pitts even at three. No receiver gives you as much play after play as this guy who is being touted as a generational talent at the position. How much do we have invested in Preston Williams? The guy, when healthy, can separate and catch with the best of them depending on who's placing the ball in his fingers. To me there isn't a wide receiver in the entire draft that will go in the top ten except Chase. And there are three defensive players I would take before him. Pitts is the real deal. My opinions...

There is no TE in this draft worthy of the #3 pick. If you want Pitts trade back and then take him later.
He may not be there past 5. I would draft him at 3. who cares where you pick a superstar and a game changer. He will come out on fire unlike a lot of receivers who need time to get adjusted to nfl.

He may not be there past 5. I would draft him at 3. who cares where you pick a superstar and a game changer. He will come out on fire unlike a lot of receivers who need time to get adjusted to nfl.
If he produces like most expect not one fan will care where he was drafted...... except on draft day.

Smith's not doing anything at his pro day other than being weighed and measures. That's a red flag to me. Why ?? Have you been eating Candy non stop for the last month to get your weight up, knowing that you are in no condition to put up a 40 time ? I hope we don't go smith at 3 or in a small trade down.
He does seem to avoid scrutiny whenever he can.

In a way, I understand, but he will fall in the draft because of it.

As for any WR talk at #3 overall -
Although I really like Smith as a player - he is doing everything a guy can do to slide in the draft. So of it are things he can control, others not.
- He had an injury that cost him playing in the Senior Bowl.
- He reportedly has LOST weight...
- He isn't going lights out on his Pro Day and will skip some activities
- Scouts have a legitimate concern about how he will handle the faster, stronger press corners in the NFL at his size.
- He wasn't wise enough to not say things about our QB at a time when he was already being attacked in the press (lack of maturity and social polish). (Sometimes it's better not to answer the question when comparing Tua to Mac Jones).
I think Smith slides outside the top 12 selections, especially the way the QB's and OL are moving up.

Waddle at #3 isn't happening. No Way. No How. He is also coming off a significant injury to his hip and is a speed WR. Some of the same concerns with Smith apply to Waddle.

If we draft a WR at #3 overall, it'll be Chase. He has the elite production and a bigger/stronger body to fight through CB's of all speeds and strengths.

As good as all of these guys are though they do not measure up to TE Pitts. We may even be able to Draft Pitts at #3 overall and then catch a slide guy (Smith or Waddle) at 18 overall. Not likely, but definitely possible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom