A Great Argument for drafting TE Pitts at #3 overall | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your choice @ #6 if not Pitts?

• Total voters
Can’t say I disagree but use to think we could move back a few spots and get him but the last time I checked Florida’s Pro Day is 3/31 and if he breaks 4.6 everyone is going to freak out and he will be Top 5.

I've been resistant to him that high, but the more I read and think about it, it makes a ton of sense. There are obviously lots of talented WRs you can grab later on, but there's nobody else like Pitts later on.

i think the best argument for Pitts is to have a similar 2 tight end offense as the Patriots now have. have heard the arguments on NFL network for 2 tight end sets and with Pitts and Gesicki the tandem would be rather unstoppable! This is a copycat league...and in closing I am only in favor of this if we trade back - not by drafting him at #3

Would not mind Pitts at all even at #3
The more i think about things, the more I feel like Pitts is the only logical option if we can't find a trade-back partner. I know Sewell and Chase are the more popular choices here, but super young guys with ONE YEAR of tape (and Sewell against questionable competition in the PAC12), who haven't played a snap of football in over a year and a half? I'm sorry, but if I'm picking a non-QB at #3 overall, it better be as close to a SURE THING as you can get.

There is no TE in this draft worthy of the #3 pick. If you want Pitts trade back and then take him later.
If only it were that simple. Someone below us like the eagles could be salivating over this guy. No way to know if he’ll still be there. If Grier believes there’s a sizable gap between pitts and their next favorite guy then you almost have to take him here unless we’re offered a kings ransom for the 3rd pick.

The more i think about things, the more I feel like Pitts is the only logical option if we can't find a trade-back partner. I know Sewell and Chase are the more popular choices here, but super young guys with ONE YEAR of tape (and Sewell against questionable competition in the PAC12), who haven't played a snap of football in over a year and a half? I'm sorry, but if I'm picking a non-QB at #3 overall, it better be as close to a SURE THING as you can get.
Doesn't Pitts only have one year of tape that's telling you "sure thing" as well? Dude had 649 yards and 5 TDs in 13 games last year.

Back
Top Bottom