A great F-U to KC... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A great F-U to KC...

Spray Mucus

Ray Lucas' mom didn't take vitamins
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a waste of board space but, with the multiple repeat threads, why the hell not...

Now that the Raiders got a 2nd (and 3rd) from Houston for one of there CB's... How sweet would it be if the Raiders offered us there 2nd rounder they got from Houston to us for Surtain? I don;t know there cap situation but, it would be a great block and nice F-U!

Spray Mucus said:
Sorry if this is a waste of board space but, with the multiple repeat threads, why the hell not...

Now that the Raiders got a 2nd (and 3rd) from Houston for one of there CB's... How sweet would it be if the Raiders offered us there 2nd rounder they got from Houston to us for Surtain? I don;t know there cap situation but, it would be a great block and nice F-U!

That would be great. Actually, it would be great if we end up trading him to any other team rather than KC for a second rounder just so that Carl can feel the wrath of the KC fans. If it happens to be a divisional foe, I'll won't stop laughing. :lol:

The GM over at KC isn't easy to deal with.

Remember the hell they put that Offensive Lineman they drafted a couple of years through to get signed.

What would be great is for people to quit trying to diminish Surtain's actual value.

Surtain is worth far more than just a second round pick. Do some of you not comprehend what you are reading? Philip Buchanan, a corner that isn't even in the same league as Surtain, just drew a 2nd and a 3rd round pick as compensation.

If Miami got just a second round pick for Surtain, that would suggest that his value is lower than Buchanan's , which simply isn't the case.

There is a pretty damn good reason why you guys aren't GM's. This is one of them.

KB21 said:
What would be great is for people to quit trying to diminish Surtain's actual value.

Surtain is worth far more than just a second round pick. Do some of you not comprehend what you are reading? Philip Buchanan, a corner that isn't even in the same league as Surtain, just drew a 2nd and a 3rd round pick as compensation.

If Miami got just a second round pick for Surtain, that would suggest that his value is lower than Buchanan's , which simply isn't the case.

There is a pretty damn good reason why you guys aren't GM's. This is one of them.

A second and 6th I would do, and Buchanon got the Raiders that trade cause he is young and has a low cap # and still has 2 years left on his current, rookie contract, it is obvious he would garner interest.

PhinsPhan said:
didnt they already get rid of that second in the jets trade/.

Yeh, they already got rid of that pick when they sent Doug Jolley to the Jets. So, they are now back in the 1st round and still have their 2nd rounder.

KB21 said:

You are totally oversimplifying. First of all, why didn't the Texans just trade for Surtain for a 2nd rounder? If your reasoning is correct then the Texans should be the laughing stock of the NFL right now for trading a 2nd and a 3rd for Buchanon instead of just a 2nd for Surtain.

The answer is pretty simple. Buchanon is a 24 and is still on his rookie contract. That adds a TON of value to the trade. If you guys can make it so Surtain is 24 instead of 29, and then resign him to a contract where his cap hit for the next two years only amounts to 1.5 million dollars, I am sure more teams would be willing to trade for him.

Good point.

We need to keep Surtain this year. Peterson is bluffing and he's going to be left holding the bag. It wouldn't surprise me if Saban has told Peterson it's your first round pick or forget it. That's the position i would take. We can make room for Pat this year. We need one more of his "prime" years. The 2nd round pick that we're being offered will be worth while in 2007 when Pat's 32 and on the decline. Right now he's in his prime and we've already established the value for an average CB (Buchanon).

Sarcastro said:
You are totally oversimplifying. First of all, why didn't the Texans just trade for Surtain for a 2nd rounder? If your reasoning is correct then the Texans should be the laughing stock of the NFL right now for trading a 2nd and a 3rd for Buchanon instead of just a 2nd for Surtain.

The answer is pretty simple. Buchanon is a 24 and is still on his rookie contract. That adds a TON of value to the trade. If you guys can make it so Surtain is 24 instead of 29, and then resign him to a contract where his cap hit for the next two years only amounts to 1.5 million dollars, I am sure more teams would be willing to trade for him.

I'm getting into my time machine as we speak... be right back... or maybe I already am....

:abduct:

:D

exactly @sarcastro Surtains Cap Hit is 8,4 Mio is year P.Bucs maybe about 1 Mio.

It's difficult to trade a player with such a huge Cap Number in todays NFL look at Woodson , James , Alexander and Howard.

I have read several threads that said Wanny & Spielman(?) have messed up the Dolphins with their free dealing ways. Now you see the pendulum swung in the other direction-Carl Peterson

read an artical in KC newspaper, how the fan base thinks Carl just sucks to the max

Puffboy(ricky) said:
read an artical in KC newspaper, how the fan base thinks Carl just sucks to the max

Well, they didn't quite word it that way.:evil:

Back
Top Bottom