A great opportunity | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A great opportunity

I agree 100%, a win here could boost team morale, this should be our gimmie game for the season.

With Tua coming back and the Jaguars being winless and the worst team in football the last 2 years, this could be the game to spark Tua's confidence.

On the other hand, a loss could be the final nail in the coffin for this regime. And if Trevor Lawrence shows up Tua, it could be the driving force for what happens before the trade deadline or this off-season.

A vicory would fix alot.

That said, Urban is clueless. He must think he's still in Columbus playing a D3 team

I'm rooting for Tua too, but I agree that we shouldn't expect him to light it up and play all world right away. His ribs still have to hurt and I would anticipate him having some difficulty getting 100% on all of his throws.
If he’s not 100% leave him on the bench. But realistically he will be given medication that eliminates all pain. His throwing won’t be affected unless it gets Re-injured.

Ok whether it’s 3 or 4 weeks whatever, same concept. He’s not coming back from a season ending injury, it was a routine rib injury. Brees came back from the same last year at 40 years old and didn’t miss a beat. Joe Burrow came off missing damn near a year with a season ending ACL and picked up right where he left off.

We gotta stop trying to provide cover for these players. Produce or sit down, bottom line. Missing 4 games is absolutely no excuse for a poor performance against a bad team.
ok

If he’s not 100% leave him on the bench. But realistically he will be given medication that eliminates all pain.

Tua is a tough kid and a competitor and may not let on how bad his ribs hurt. Remember, he was ready to play in the 2nd half of the Bills game.

The offensive line has got to do their jobs and keep him upright. Even though Tua is tough as nails, he's going to be worried about taking a hit to those ribs again, flak vest and pain meds or not.

Ok whether it’s 3 or 4 weeks whatever, same concept. He’s not coming back from a season ending injury, it was a routine rib injury. Brees came back from the same last year at 40 years old and didn’t miss a beat. Joe Burrow came off missing damn near a year with a season ending ACL and picked up right where he left off.

We gotta stop trying to provide cover for these players. Produce or sit down, bottom line. Missing 4 games is absolutely no excuse for a poor performance against a bad team.

You can still critically evaluate a player's performance while tempering expectations. His decision making and reads will be on display for all to see, which is very important in evaluation progress between rookie Tua and 2nd year Tua.

Unfortunately, I’m afraid that’s where we may be. Again.

If we lose to the Jags (and at this point I rule nothing out, look at what the Colts did to us) then I’ll be sold that the team is laying down.

And once you lose the locker room, you ain’t ever getting it back.
You could be right. I just don’t want to think about it until they play ! Ha !

Really? Brees was noticeably bad after returning from the rib injury. He had 3 of his 4 lowest ranked games the entire season after returning from the rib injury. It essentially forced his retirement. While injured ribs prohibit a lot of sports activities, I can't even think one it would impact more than throwing any kind of ball. Not making any excuses for Tua here, as I'm not sold on him yet, but the example you gave completely blew up your argument.

I dont see a win, versus a 0-5 team, with a coach in the hot seat, with a rookie QB, being anything more than expected, from a team that was 10-6 last year.

We have little to gain from this game unless we win 52-0.

If we lose, its mass hysteria, if we win, its "well you better have won"

The Jags have nothing to lose, we have a dump truck full of dumpsters on fire.
That dump truck must be a Terex Titan than.

Tua is a tough kid and a competitor and may not let on how bad his ribs hurt. Remember, he was ready to play in the 2nd half of the Bills game.

The offensive line has got to do their jobs and keep him upright. Even though Tua is tough as nails, he's going to be worried about taking a hit to those ribs again, flak vest and pain meds or not.
Medication cancels that out regardless. If he’s scared of getting hit again it’s gonna be a long career for him. We cannot be already creating built in excuses for him in a game against the Jaguars. The NFL is super complex and we could find an excuse for any player any given week.

Did you just say a rib injury is routine? 😂 Now that’s some funny as sheet! 😂😂😂😂

Did you just say a rib injury is routine? 😂 Now that’s some funny as sheet! 😂😂😂😂
I mean…yes? Is there something unusual about his rib injury that hundreds and thousands of other players before him haven’t had to deal with?

I mean…yes? Is there something unusual about his rib injury that hundreds and thousands of other players before him haven’t had to deal with?
It’s not routine that’s for damn sure, for anyone let alone Tua.

Back
Top Bottom