A great opportunity | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A great opportunity

It is definitely Tua's chance to prove he is a difference maker. I will say, though, that 17 points in a narrow victory isn't going to win any doubters over. The offense needs to come out firing.

couple of things....first, this is going to be Tua's first "full" game in over a month so we shouldn’t expect so much........2nd, flores beating the winless jaguars won't change anything

We played 5 playoff teams and lost to 4, the sky is not falling.We all looked at the schedule when it came out and at least thought "our season could be over in the first quarter of it" then deluded ourselves into thinking we might be 4-1 at this point. I'm am dissapointed, and mad as he!! about the lack of cohesion I see with the Offense and the Defenses lack of resilience to keep games close enough to pull out, although I understand it. It has to be extra tough watching from the sideline our Offense go lay an egg every freaking drive until the game has long been decided. I think we all knew deep down that this was not the year we were going to sniff the Big One. It's now time for this team to finally develop, or some people need to GTFO.

I dont see a win, versus a 0-5 team, with a coach in the hot seat, with a rookie QB, being anything more than expected, from a team that was 10-6 last year.

We have little to gain from this game unless we win 52-0.

If we lose, its mass hysteria, if we win, its "well you better have won"

The Jags have nothing to lose, we have a dump truck full of dumpsters on fire.
Good points. But this team was an OBVIOUS pretender and nowhere near a contender -- so IMO a loss this week is prob 50/50 tho we should be in the 95%+ category of winning!

That said -- barring an incredible "team effort" on Miami's part with a resulting dominant outcome this week is certified worthless as the season certainly seems to be -- at least in the preliminary stages of worthlessness!

But we're used to that. Ross has a done a fabulous job of maintaining the "best in show" standard!

:bobdole:

couple of things....first, this is going to be Tua's first "full" game in over a month so we shouldn’t expect so much........2nd, flores beating the winless jaguars won't change anything
Oh come on man, are we really already getting the excuses ready? He’s not a rookie anymore, there’s no reason being out 3 weeks with a rib injury should prevent him from coming out mostly firing on all cylinders. There is absolutely no excuse if he has an average or poor game against the flailing Jaguars. It’s put up or shut up time for the kid.

I don't expect any game to be easy this year, but agree a healthy Tua should help.

The year now is about developing young players, evaluating talent and seeing if the coaching staff can adapt.

The Tua/ Waddle connection is something else I'm looking forward to seeing.

Hopefully, the Dolphins defense can make some adjustments. I didn't expect this unit to be struggling.

At this point... honestly its gonna take alot more than beating a winless jags team to make me happy.

I'm 50/50 we can even beat Jax

Agreed. Miami has got to pull off a couple of wins against teams they aren’t supposed to beat to salvage the season for me and they cannot lose any games they are supposed to win.

Oh come on man, are we really already getting the excuses ready? He’s not a rookie anymore, there’s no reason being out 3 weeks with a rib injury should prevent him from coming out mostly firing on all cylinders. There is absolutely no excuse if he has an average or poor game against the flailing Jaguars. It’s put up or shut up time for the kid.
it's not 3 weeks......he last played on week two for a few plays. The fact is tho the whole team sucks so I don't know that he can carry the whole team all by himself

And then the players let us all know how they felt about Philbin by blowing out the Titans and Texans back to back in two of the best games we ever played as a franchise. That was fun.
Unfortunately, I’m afraid that’s where we may be. Again.

If we lose to the Jags (and at this point I rule nothing out, look at what the Colts did to us) then I’ll be sold that the team is laying down.

And once you lose the locker room, you ain’t ever getting it back.

it's not 3 weeks......he last played on week two for a few plays. The fact is tho the whole team sucks so I don't know that he can carry the whole team all by himself
I agree. I expect to see an improved offense with Tua, but I don’t expect Tua to lead a complete domination of the Jags. I’m happy with a win.

I'm rooting for Tua too, but I agree that we shouldn't expect him to light it up and play all world right away. His ribs still have to hurt and I would anticipate him having some difficulty getting 100% on all of his throws.

Ok whether it’s 3 or 4 weeks whatever, same concept. He’s not coming back from a season ending injury, it was a routine rib injury. Brees came back from the same last year at 40 years old and didn’t miss a beat. Joe Burrow came off missing damn near a year with a season ending ACL and picked up right where he left off.

We gotta stop trying to provide cover for these players. Produce or sit down, bottom line. Missing 4 games is absolutely no excuse for a poor performance against a bad team.

Back
Top Bottom