A harmless game... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A harmless game...

Feverdream

Club Member
Reaction score
I think Tua is undraftable at this point, and yet, others disagree; some would still take him with our first pick.

We all know that most of the services post new mock drafts every Monday or Tuesday. Sure, they are hardly official... or even very professional, but let's be honest, most of the guys who post them are football junkies who have better connections than we do.

How about we all take a chill pill until Tuesday night, and sit back and see if the mocks still contain a certain undersized 'bama QB?

Then... we can go back to our regularly scheduled attacks upon one another's family heritage.

I wouldn't trust any mock draft until March. Using this week's efforts to 'prove' someone right or wrong about when Tua should be drafted is pretty dumb, although I've no doubt it will happen.

I don't think he's undraftable, nor am I willing to part with a top pick for him. Unless he's struggling to walk then i'd at the least give him a third round grade, and if he looks like he'll make a full recovery i'd be willing to part with a 2nd, maybe even our lowest 1st depending on his recovery and what we've drafted so far and where that pick is etc.

I mean even if we drafted Burrow top 5 i'd still use a 3rd round pick on Tua, due to his upside and the positional importance. You could go to camp in two years with Rosen, Burrows and Tua as your QB's.

I don't think he's undraftable, nor am I willing to part with a top pick for him. Unless he's struggling to walk then i'd at the least give him a third round grade, and if he looks like he'll make a full recovery i'd be willing to part with a 2nd, maybe even our lowest 1st depending on his recovery and what we've drafted so far and where that pick is etc.

I mean even if we drafted Burrow top 5 i'd still use a 3rd round pick on Tua, due to his upside and the positional importance. You could go to camp in two years with Rosen, Burrows and Tua as your QB's.
Burrow isnt going to fall to us. But because we have 5 picks before the 3rd round I would take a flyer on Tua unless he says hes done and doesnt want to play. Which he could. He will be out a whole season so it would suck having another year of miserable football

I wouldn't trust any mock draft until March. Using this week's efforts to 'prove' someone right or wrong about when Tua should be drafted is pretty dumb, although I've no doubt it will happen.

The draft takes place at the end of April...about 6 months from now and so much will change between now and then that mocks we see today may seem ridiculous then. Hell, even with in the last two months of college football we have seen some pretty impressive movement of players.

That time frame also allows teams to gain a ton of information on Tua, his injury and the issue of that injury going forward.

Seeing what a bunch of guys who have about as much information as we do posting on this site to prove one point or another, two days after the injury happens...seems a lot like someone wants another "I told you so" moment.

He's not undraftable at all. Let's see how the surgery and recovery goes. I'm still drafting him high, assuming everything goes ok with that, If I'm suddenly offered the GM job. Call me a cultist or whatever I don't care, I've watched the kid for 3 years tearing it up and wanting to see him in Aqua, if there is a chance of that happening still, I would be more than happy to see it transpire.

I spoke with an actual orthopedist today... He laughed when I asked him about this... said his friends have been blowing up his phone...

He said there is a 7-10% chance of the blood flow problems that have been reported as a possible and that there would be a huge pain component here. He said, trusting that leg again would be the biggest issue.

His opinion... it comes down to your tolerance for risk.

So there you have it... nobody really knows... lol

I'd pass.

I’d lay down some cash that Tua doesn’t get past the Chargers in round one.

I'll be a little shocked if they dont trade up for Herbert, but I sure hope you are right.

Back
Top Bottom