A Hunch Bortles Is Our Qb In 19. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Hunch Bortles Is Our Qb In 19.

I don't see it.

Coach Flores is in the process of implementing a very QB-driven offense that requires a hyper-accurate guy with precision timing and phenomenal pre-snap read mastery. None of those things even remotely suggest Bortles. At his best he's a strong armed kid who has some mobility and can take a hit and stand tall in the pocket. And that "best" isn't seen very often! He consistently failed with a far better OL than we have, a dominant run game, and a great defense. In no world do I see Coach Flores investing any money into Bortles, and as a veteran QB, he's not coming cheap, and he's not coming for only 1 year.

While I dislike the idea of him in a Dolphins uniform, I'm simply not worried it will happen. It doesn't make sense knowing Coach Flores' preferred offensive system.

Henne-Hill-Bortles has a terrible ring to it!

Can't see coach Flores replacing one turd for another.

I don't see it.

Coach Flores is in the process of implementing a very QB-driven offense that requires a hyper-accurate guy with precision timing and phenomenal pre-snap read mastery. None of those things even remotely suggest Bortles. At his best he's a strong armed kid who has some mobility and can take a hit and stand tall in the pocket. And that "best" isn't seen very often! He consistently failed with a far better OL than we have, a dominant run game, and a great defense. In no world do I see Coach Flores investing any money into Bortles, and as a veteran QB, he's not coming cheap, and he's not coming for only 1 year.

While I dislike the idea of him in a Dolphins uniform, I'm simply not worried it will happen. It doesn't make sense knowing Coach Flores' preferred offensive system.

Agreed that Bortles probably doesn’t fit the new system. But you can’t say he consistently failed. He was a missed pass from making the super bowl and played very well for an important stretch of games. I don’t want him for our QB but he did have a good stretch when it counted. Just didn’t work out.

Agreed that Bortles probably doesn’t fit the new system. But you can’t say he consistently failed. He was a missed pass from making the super bowl and played very well for an important stretch of games. I don’t want him for our QB but he did have a good stretch when it counted. Just didn’t work out.
IMHO, he has been a bust. Brad Smith has a Super Bowl ring, but I don't think he is a good QB either. Reasonable opinions can certainly differ on this, but that's just my opinion.

I'm not saying he is our future.im saying he will be brought in to be a one or two at the very most year starter..

IMHO, he has been a bust. Brad Smith has a Super Bowl ring, but I don't think he is a good QB either. Reasonable opinions can certainly differ on this, but that's just my opinion.
Brad Smith or Brad Johnson?

Bortles is worse than Tannehill. Other than cap space, why would Miami consider this?

Was thinking the other day that if the Raiders take Murray, the Giants trade for Carr, and Foles signs with Jacksonville, Haskins will be there at 13.

Anyway , the tank commander is Jake Rudock. Bortles, no.

Back
Top Bottom